EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Meth Failsafe and Patches (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/314505-meth-failsafe-patches.html)

Richard L Dec 30, 2007 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by tephra;
guys we might use that free ADC input that MrFred found, setup would be like this:

ADC0F 5v = altmap
ADC0F 0v = normal map

I think that would provide a more stable solution, can your meth boxes emit 0 or 5V when broken/ok?

This is the most effective and reliable configuration.{thumbup}
Our meths failsafe box has a set of "voltage free" change-over contact.

mrfred Dec 30, 2007 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 5102643)
oh yeah I know all about the Wife (Girlfriend) factor :) hehehe kinda why I havn't done anything for a week or two :)

Nice work MrFred, is ADC0F mapped to another memory variable or is it just the raw input in the code?

We might as well make this the official input for mapchanging on the nonICS equipped evo's as well, to standardise it. That way people can wire in a switch to flip between maps.

This week I will try and get a ROM out for someone that wants to help test this new mod, once it works then I can roll it out for other ROMID's with instructions on howto wire it up. Maybe Jamie since this is your baby?

ADC 0F is written to a RAM variable, but its not utilized anywhere in the code. So you have the perfect hook to take the signal and use it to control whatever maps you want.

If there is an equivalent ADC input on 8's then I think this will be a better solution than going with the ICS inputs.

Richard L Dec 30, 2007 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by mrfred;
Its definitely an ADC channel. I've already checked the scaling. :-) High/low map interpolation for meth content is now just a matter of some coding.

This will virtually make the engine acts like a duel fuel car - with a press of a button. See you guys in tomorrow. It has been an exiting day for me.

Evoryder Dec 30, 2007 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by mrfred (Post 5102665)
Its definitely an ADC channel. I've already checked the scaling. :-) High/low map interpolation for meth content is now just a matter of some coding.

and finding out if the 8's have the same 2 available pins or something similar

tephra Dec 30, 2007 06:19 PM

I think I will leave the interpolation for another day - getting altmaps to everyone is P1 atm :)

after getting my car fixed too :P hehe

ok for 94170015 ADC0F is 0xFFFF8928 (2 byte)

Evoryder Dec 30, 2007 06:47 PM

on the 8's pins 74 and 77 are free according to bez...

tephra Dec 30, 2007 08:31 PM

guys what about using a potentiometer, a clicky one so we can have more than 1 altmap? useful or not?

Jack_of_Trades Dec 30, 2007 08:34 PM

I'd be happy to test this out. The sooner we get this ball rolling, the better off the whole community will be ;)

Like Richard said, since flow sensors usually increase output voltage from 0-5v, down the road we can find a way to have the mapping interpolate between the 2 map variations. This would be very similar to the ethanol sensor mapping in the newer flex fuel cars. Step one, getting the maps to switch with a 5V trigger and a 0v trigger.

tephra Dec 30, 2007 08:41 PM

right on!

ok first step is to find the unused pins that go with ADC0F. I suspect they will be the same as 88590015 ROM's, but can't be sure. Do you want to use the info MrFred has provided and do some multimeter taps to see if those pins are being used?

if they are the same then you will need to rig up some 5v input and then we can log that in evoscan/ml. once we have that working then I can work on some code to allow changing maps based on this 5v input.

edit - the code might be tricky as I will be flying blind, I can't test it coz I got no car :( so you guys will have to bear with me until I get it right :)

Jack_of_Trades Dec 30, 2007 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 5103085)
right on!

ok first step is to find the unused pins that go with ADC0F. I suspect they will be the same as 88590015 ROM's, but can't be sure. Do you want to use the info MrFred has provided and do some multimeter taps to see if those pins are being used?

if they are the same then you will need to rig up some 5v input and then we can log that in evoscan/ml. once we have that working then I can work on some code to allow changing maps based on this 5v input.

edit - the code might be tricky as I will be flying blind, I can't test it coz I got no car :( so you guys will have to bear with me until I get it right :)

I plan on making a 5V voltage regulator tomorrow for less than $5 anyways, no issue there. So, these pinouts have no wiring hooked up to them at all? I'll have to make a wire insert of some sort to tap into the harness locations and see if anything is going on with those locations. I'll have to see how MrFred was doing it exactly.

tephra Dec 30, 2007 08:49 PM

ok you using 94170014 yeah? for ADC0F u need to log 0xFFFF8928 and 0xFFFF8929.

I imagine FFFF8928 isn't used because 255 is just 1 byte - but log it anyways just to be safe :)

Jack_of_Trades Dec 30, 2007 09:06 PM

K. I might be on later but the woman is calling....might be done for the night,lol.

tephra Dec 30, 2007 09:08 PM

sure thing - just one last thing... becareful with the ECU and volts (you know this) but for others, I don't want any blown ECU's :)

Evoryder Dec 30, 2007 09:34 PM

lets go jack let go...lets go jack lets go

mrfred Dec 30, 2007 10:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades (Post 5103094)
I plan on making a 5V voltage regulator tomorrow for less than $5 anyways, no issue there. So, these pinouts have no wiring hooked up to them at all? I'll have to make a wire insert of some sort to tap into the harness locations and see if anything is going on with those locations. I'll have to see how MrFred was doing it exactly.

If making a regulator is easy, then sounds like a plan. Another route would be to go to radioshack and buy a 1-AA or 1-AAA battery holder. This will get you ~1.6 V which is good enough to determine which pin is the unused ADC pin corresponding to ADC 0F.

Rather than using just one wire, I wired up every unused pin. I used 22 ga wire. I stripped off about 1/2", folded the stripped part over on itself, and then pushed it into the plugs with the plugs removed from the ECU. Then I secured the wires to the harness using masking tape. This way, I was able to launch EvoScan (key "on", engine "off"), and test each wire one-by-one without having to climb under the ECU or constantly turn the key on/off to move a single wire to a different location. I tested each wire first with a voltmeter to determine if it was generating a voltage. I didn't mess with the ones that did. I probably should have then tested the resistance of the wires I wanted to hook up to the battery, but I didn't. Worked out fine though. No problems with the ECU that I can see. You might want to do it though for piece of mind.

You'll want to use the USDM Evo 8 pinout as your guide. There is a listing on the RRE website. Looks like there are only 10 unused inputs, so it should be much easier for you.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/e...-ecuwiring.htm

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...hmentid=114700

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...hmentid=114701