EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Meth Failsafe and Patches (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/314505-meth-failsafe-patches.html)

nothere Dec 25, 2007 09:03 PM

I know people will appreciate what a neat thing this is. I spent a good deal of money several years ago on an ebc and before that on an aftermarket emc. Both in an effort to get a failsafe on my water injection.
Now with relatively little money you can have everything those modifications gave me in a neat stock ecu.

This time around the features are redundant for me but I will be watching for the next upgrade.

merry christmas ecu master tephra

laramie_05MR Dec 26, 2007 03:40 PM

I did not find any unused connector. :( It looks like we will be adding some wires.

Jack_of_Trades Dec 26, 2007 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by laramie_05MR (Post 5092137)
I did not find any unused connector. :( It looks like we will be adding some wires.

Damn. All we really need is there to be a wire on the ECU pinout. As long as thats there...everything is still pretty easy.

laramie_05MR Dec 26, 2007 07:56 PM

Very true but I was so hoping that the connector was there. Then all WE had to do was cut a hole and buy the ICS switch so that it looks factory.

Jack_of_Trades Dec 26, 2007 08:52 PM

Still could buy an evo VIII cupholder/switch and hardwire it. It's only 5 wires and 2 of them are just grounds (one is for the manual ICS sprayer relay but thats not even needed) :) One needs to get +12v when the parking lights come on and one goes to the AUTO switch wire on the ECU. I could draw a diagram if anyone wanted to do it themselves for that factory look.

C6C6CH3vo Dec 26, 2007 09:58 PM

I just saw what happened to your car, hope that works out. Looks fixable actually

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 5083511)
anyways back OT, i'm not sure if using the ICS is the way to go...

?

It works for me, but this requires one to modify the DV, find a 3 port solenoid, have a 03/4 evo, play around with the ICS table so they respond only to throttle position, and know pneumatic systems. Not to mention have tephra make it work backwards .

I have logs showing it work, the load, air, and rpm slope drops at exact same point of first breached knock sum. I feel safer with this more than my flow monitor system. It just that it requires alot of exp for learning the system (not worth it unless you got the time). I just happened to integrate it into another working system rather easily, but it took me a year to get the original configuration down.

tephra Dec 26, 2007 10:11 PM

um front left wheel is fubared as well, snapped the steering control arm...

well if most ppl sacrifice ICS for meth then I guess its perfect.

You guys work out the best solution and I can code it up.. (when i have time :P)

Did we work out if the ICS bottle has a sensor for low water?

evokel Dec 26, 2007 10:20 PM

:thumbup:

Jack_of_Trades Dec 27, 2007 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 5093038)
well if most ppl sacrifice ICS for meth then I guess its perfect.

Yeah, I'd say 95% of users will not need the ICS system since the alky cools the air charge far better anyways.

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 5093038)
Did we work out if the ICS bottle has a sensor for low water?

I still need to get to my ICS reservoir and test some stuff. Its 20 degrees and wet here so that puts a damper on my motivation,lol. From pics I've seen, it doesn't appear that there is a low level indicator wired to the reservoir.

Jack_of_Trades Dec 29, 2007 11:17 PM

Hey Teph, I don't know if you answered my question about changing the auto mode triggger from "momentary on" to activate and deactivate the ALT MAP to:

Not connected to Ground = ALT MAP #1 (aggressive maps with alky kit)
Connected to ground = ALT MAP #2 (conservative failsafe maps)

mrfred Dec 29, 2007 11:45 PM

Found the pin for the only unused ADC channel on the Evo IX.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh....php?p=5101108

tephra Dec 30, 2007 01:17 AM

Jamie, um might be a bit hard to do it that way.

But in light of MrFreds 'last ADC' discovery we may be able to wire it up however we want.

Evoryder Dec 30, 2007 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades (Post 5101072)
Hey Teph, I don't know if you answered my question about changing the auto mode triggger from "momentary on" to activate and deactivate the ALT MAP to:

Not connected to Ground = ALT MAP #1
Connected to ground = ALT MAP #2

The auto switch grounds the point on the ecu. I plan on incorporating the auto button and attatching it to a relay from the failsafe. I will set the time for switching maps to 0 secs. and increase load.

Teph the maps should switch instantaneously right?

jack of spades: would be great if it worked like that. But you would need a device to ground itself when your meth system is functional and you are not in failsafe mode.

Jack_of_Trades Dec 30, 2007 10:39 AM

Right now, the ECU needs to see a momentary connection to ground and THEN it needs to see the ground go away in order for the map to switch. Simply connecting it to ground doesn't switch maps. It needs to see the ground turn on, then off to do anything. I have already completely gutted the ICS switching setup and tested how it does its job. I can make my control unit mimic this with a momentary relay switch but its far more complicated than having the map switching occur the way I mentioned in the previous post.

There has to be some other wire on the ECU that does one thing when its connected to ground, and another when the ground connection is disconnected. IF we can find the code for that wire, maybe we can manipulate the auto mode input to react the same way.

Evoryder, the idea is to have the ECU use the aggressive MAPS when there is no ground connection, and use the failsafe MAPS when the ground connection is made. My control unit, along with many other alky kits have a grounding output wire which is designed specifically for triggering failsafe mapping. Thats why I am trying to see if Teph can make the stock ECU do what other alky kit users can do with stand-alone ECU's.

Evoryder Dec 30, 2007 10:46 AM

Im going to try some testing Jamie....i'll see if I can get this to work.