EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Meth Failsafe and Patches (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/314505-meth-failsafe-patches.html)

Jack_of_Trades Dec 30, 2007 10:57 AM

The easiest input I can think of to mimic is the clutch switch. I believe thats simply a ground/no ground switching setup in the ECU.

Richard L Dec 30, 2007 04:12 PM

Alternating toggle, momentary switch can be made.

But if it gets out of step!!!

Jack_of_Trades Dec 30, 2007 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 5102419)
Alternating toggle, momentary switch can be made.

But if it gets out of step!!!

Exactly my point :D With it set to be [ NO GROUND= alky map, GROUND= safe map] its cut and dry. With a momentary switching device, it can totally become a backwards effort.

I really wish someone made a tutorial on how to disassemble and track down a feature in the ECU. Like do a step-by-step on how to find the stationary rev limit code or something.

Evoryder Dec 30, 2007 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades (Post 5102487)
Exactly my point :D With it set to be [ NO GROUND= alky map, GROUND= safe map] its cut and dry. With a momentary switching device, it can totally become a backwards effort.

That would be great....

tephra Dec 30, 2007 04:52 PM

guys we might use that free ADC input that MrFred found, setup would be like this:

ADC0F 5v = altmap
ADC0F 0v = normal map

I think that would provide a more stable solution, can your meth boxes emit 0 or 5V when broken/ok?

Richard L Dec 30, 2007 04:54 PM

There must be unused pin available within the many pins on the ECU?

Jack_of_Trades Dec 30, 2007 04:58 PM

I can use a 5V voltage regulator that flows thru a transistor to be on or off depending on the triggers from the failsafes. Write up a code on a 94170014 rom with that ADC input and I can try it out tomorrow or tuesday (paid days off :D ).

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 5102515)
There must be unused pin available within the many pins on the ECU?

Thats what Tephra is talking about. MrFred found one unused input that I believe all 8's and 9's have available, yes?

Evoryder Dec 30, 2007 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 5102503)
guys we might use that free ADC input that MrFred found, setup would be like this:

ADC0F 5v = altmap
ADC0F 0v = normal map

I think that would provide a more stable solution, can your meth boxes emit 0 or 5V when broken/ok?

yes

mrfred Dec 30, 2007 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades (Post 5102522)

Thats what Tephra is talking about. MrFred found one unused input that I believe all 8's and 9's have available, yes?

I've got it nailed for the 9, but not yet for the 8. I had to make a 30 wire harness that I used to connect to all the unused pins and test each pin one-by-one. Total effort including working my way through the ROM code and prepping EvoScan was probably close to 40 hrs. My wife is ready to kill me.

Jack_of_Trades Dec 30, 2007 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by mrfred (Post 5102559)
I've got it nailed for the 9, but not yet for the 8. I had to make a 30 wire harness that I used to connect to all the unused pins and test each pin one-by-one. Total effort including working my way through the ROM code and prepping EvoScan was probably close to 40 hrs. My wife is ready to kill me.

Lol, my fiance always is about to kill me when I work on my car projects....then she buys me cams.

WOMEN.

Evoryder Dec 30, 2007 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by mrfred (Post 5102559)

:updown: ...great work so far.

Richard L Dec 30, 2007 05:42 PM

If ADC channel ( if it is a true ADC) can modify fuel and ignition map based on a 0-5V meths flow sensor - we will have a truly ultimate close-loop fail safe.

The more meth you inject, the more aggressive the timing advance and more fuel can be taken out. Need to write a patch for the meths vs fuel/ignition trim %.

tephra Dec 30, 2007 05:42 PM

oh yeah I know all about the Wife (Girlfriend) factor :) hehehe kinda why I havn't done anything for a week or two :)

Nice work MrFred, is ADC0F mapped to another memory variable or is it just the raw input in the code?

We might as well make this the official input for mapchanging on the nonICS equipped evo's as well, to standardise it. That way people can wire in a switch to flip between maps.

This week I will try and get a ROM out for someone that wants to help test this new mod, once it works then I can roll it out for other ROMID's with instructions on howto wire it up. Maybe Jamie since this is your baby?

Evoryder Dec 30, 2007 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 5102639)
If ADC channel ( if it is a true ADC) can modify fuel and ignition map based on a 0-5V meths flow sensor - we will have a truly ultimate close-loop fail safe.

The more meth you inject, the more aggressive the timing advance and more fuel can be taken out. Need to write a patch for the meths vs fuel/ignition trim %.

would be nice...teph

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 5102643)
oh yeah I know all about the Wife (Girlfriend) factor :) hehehe kinda why I havn't done anything for a week or two :)

Nice work MrFred, is ADC0F mapped to another memory variable or is it just the raw input in the code?

We might as well make this the official input for mapchanging on the nonICS equipped evo's as well, to standardise it. That way people can wire in a switch to flip between maps.

This week I will try and get a ROM out for someone that wants to help test this new mod, once it works then I can roll it out for other ROMID's with instructions on howto wire it up. Maybe Jamie since this is your baby?

If we can locate the pins for the VIII's vs IX's jamie or myself would be more than happy to test.

mrfred Dec 30, 2007 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 5102639)

Its definitely an ADC channel. I've already checked the scaling. :-) High/low map interpolation for meth content is now just a matter of some coding.