EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Patch how-to: manifold air temperature logging (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/341606-patch-how-manifold-air-temperature-logging.html)

mrfred Oct 19, 2008 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 6250690)
yeah its probably fine - but i get paranoid about boost leaks :D

No signs of leakage. People have been using these things forever. I think its included as part of the MAFT conversion. Also mixmastermatt was running one up to 33 psi.

tephra Oct 19, 2008 07:19 PM

coolo.

ps - I sent you an email, but in the interests of "information discovery" is MUT87 the raw read from the ADC channel for PIN96?

Just tracing it in my ECU to see what I can see.

mrfred Oct 19, 2008 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 6250790)
coolo.

ps - I sent you an email, but in the interests of "information discovery" is MUT87 the raw read from the ADC channel for PIN96?

Just tracing it in my ECU to see what I can see.

Yep, that's correct. It should be listed in the ADC channel table I posted some while ago in a thread on ADC channels that I started.

tephra Oct 19, 2008 08:09 PM

cool.

88580013/14 doesn't even use pin96 and no code depends on it..

so once I get an IAT I will tap the intake and stick it in there

mrfred Oct 19, 2008 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 6250993)
cool.

88580013/14 doesn't even use pin96 and no code depends on it..

so once I get an IAT I will tap the intake and stick it in there

Yeah, not surprised as fuel temp is only used as a judgement criterion for when to run evap-related OBD-II tests. No evap stuff on your car, correct?

tephra Oct 19, 2008 08:17 PM

Don't think so...

/looks embarrassed that he doesn't know for sure...

joedr Oct 19, 2008 09:03 PM

Very nice addition mrfred! Congrats!

Just ordered my sensor and pigtail. {thumbup}

Quick question.... Where do you guys buy the Stailess 3/8" weld-on bung? I do not think that I will be able to find something like that locally. Any info on this will be greatly appreciate it!

Note: If any of you have one extra and would like to sell... do not hesitate to contact me!

mrfred Oct 19, 2008 09:24 PM

I'll bet Summit Racing sells them. That's where I got the aluminum bung.

MR Turco Oct 20, 2008 12:45 PM

Tephra i emailed you but I sent the sensor out today. I sent an email to tephra at gmail. I think i remember reading that was your address. Your inbox here was full.

joedr Oct 20, 2008 01:01 PM

Thanks mrfred!

On another side, since I am in Puerto Rico, they may charge me an arm and a leg to ship the bung to here.

If anyone can get them locally or going to buy one soon, please purchse one for me... I am willing to pay for the bung including shipping and effort. I am pretty sure that it will still be cheaper. :-)

Originally Posted by mrfred (Post 6251255)
I'll bet Summit Racing sells them. That's where I got the aluminum bung.

Jack_of_Trades Oct 26, 2008 10:24 AM

I really need to work on my Diasam skillz. I have an XS Power FMIC and a Greddy FMIC I want to do some data comparison with vs. my stock FMIC and also do some testing to see how lowering the air intake temps with heatshields and cold air induction affect the intake manifold temps. 94170015

scheides Nov 11, 2008 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by gear head (Post 6246321)
mrfred, do you have any plans to port this over to the 96530006 ROM?

Originally Posted by mrfred (Post 6246517)
Not sure. Maybe.

Originally Posted by gear head (Post 6247441)
How might a guy persuade you?.....within reason of course:)

Originally Posted by mrfred (Post 6248978)
Money is always good. :-) I need to buy a stock (used) airbox to tinker with some improved airflow options. But I couldn't start on porting the MAT patch for a few weeks because I've got to put a little time into updating the Evo 9 XML files and help a bit with the Evo X XMLs for ECUFlash.

Originally Posted by dryad001 (Post 6250445)
If you want to pay for shipping Ill send you my air box free of charge.

How about I pay for shipping on your air box to mrfred as a gift, and then maybe he'll consider finding time to make this patch for 96530006 :D

My intake manifold is coming off this weekend, it's going to be tapped, sensor installed, ready and waiting :D

Jack_of_Trades Nov 11, 2008 07:33 AM

I've had my sensor welded in and installed for a while now and I have a greddy FMIC waiting to go in but I want to do some datalog comparison between the stock FMIC and the Greddy. 94170015. Too many new patches, so little time lol.

mrfred Nov 11, 2008 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades (Post 6336294)
I've had my sensor welded in and installed for a while now and I have a greddy FMIC waiting to go in but I want to do some datalog comparison between the stock FMIC and the Greddy. 94170015. Too many new patches, so little time lol.

I'm wondering if its worth my time to write a standalone patch because tephra will be including a MAT logging algorithm in his speed density patch.

draconx Nov 11, 2008 11:57 PM

hey if your running meth. would you still be able to do this mod and would it destroy the sensor?