EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   General non-information about factory ALS (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/573324-general-non-information-about-factory-als.html)

211Ratsbud Mar 19, 2013 10:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So since that article that I just linked to.. ive done a fair bit of digging on the turbo lag systems used in road racing. To my suprise many cars currently use the fresh air systems now. My google fu is gaining strength!

They appear to use a very common 4 runner injection set up just like the WRC cars...

tunermt Mar 20, 2013 04:36 AM

nice find

211Ratsbud Mar 22, 2013 02:42 PM

Hey any insight on a valve? I might go back to the tial but I am open to new ideas. Did you use a check valve in the cold plumbing to keep pressure from entering the charge pipe when it ignites in the exhaust manifold? (Reversion ) I was getting significant reversion under transient states.

211Ratsbud Mar 23, 2013 01:49 PM

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-messa...&page_number=1

Mm Honda wtcc als..

tunermt Mar 23, 2013 08:54 PM

oh yes, that is SEXY

211Ratsbud Apr 2, 2013 05:10 PM

Wow the dsps valve is £858. At least 1500 usd

Looks like ill stick to the TiAl

tunermt Apr 3, 2013 08:34 PM

Motorsports budget ;)

reminds me of the time we set up an Asian touring car (Honda DC5) with a 40K+ xtrac transmission, 16K+ intake manifold etc... Didn't realize how fast a Honda can tern into a 6 figure car!
Motorsports budgets can get pretty wild pretty fast to say the least.
What, 1500 fresh are valve, 1700 waste gate, 6k turbo, 8-10K manifold and you've dropped 20K plus in a heart beat on only part of the turbo system.

An idea for you 211ratsbud, you mentioned you're getting some exhaust re-circulation into the IC pipe (ALS acting as an EGR) not that this is a terrible thing depending on when it happens of course.
You may get better results if you use positive pressure vs vacuum to actuate AND hold the valve closed. (2, 3 port solenoids one for top one for bottom port usually does the trick nicely and gives plenty of control) Issue is not many ECU's have the ability so you have to adapt some new methods/gizmos.

211Ratsbud Apr 4, 2013 02:53 AM

That's where the Arduino comes in. Problem is the grimmspeed bcs I wanted to use is very restrictive like a coffee straw. I looked at new Mac valves with a little more flow because the tial has a large chamber to fill and uses larger fittings on it.

Securing an asp right now so when that money comes around ill pick back up on this some. Although I do need tires and wheels first. I'll see.

tunermt Apr 4, 2013 08:46 PM

Ah yes a big restriction in the solenoid doesn't seem to play nice with external waste gates. The MAC solenoids have been our go to option for a while now, i don't believe you will be disappointed with them ;)

211Ratsbud Apr 18, 2013 07:55 PM

Yay v-band flanges are here!

If I get back from securing the crazy house from the ghost hunters ( no joke) in time ill be at the machine shop.

Having a plug that fits inside the inlet band with 4-5/8 holes. Manifold is still up in the air yet lol.

foxbat Apr 28, 2013 02:53 PM

Some basic video that I just found:

Looking at the diagram, it shows that SAS (bypass) antilag doesn't require a throttle kick, in fact, it looks like a kick would work against it!
We need air + fuel
Air:
Does SAS physically capable of delivering enough air?
Does the software allow for enough sas operating time?
Does the BOV interfere with sas, do we have to cancel it?
Fuel:
Without a kick, fuel will have to be solely provided through the fuel map, -ve timing should help in fuel build up.
Does the fuel table provide enough fuel if we switch to full OL & insert rich values in low load areas?
Is the current -ve timing limit good enough to help build enough fuel amount?

211Ratsbud Apr 28, 2013 02:54 PM

Already have that in my favorites lol

Those are questions I need to solve. Some I think I can answer already but I haven't done what I want yet to provide evidence.

Blow off valve will be cancelled when sas is active, because the sas does t open immediately so I want to use the bov to prevent stall, but once the sas activates it will switch to a boost reference to hold it shut.

Ignition retard alone may be sufficient, and with my jack experiment. It was good enough, however only my speculation says it will be enough. I'm awaiting to build a new sas manifold.

Fueling from other anti lag set ups doesn't seem to be as overly rich as we all like to say. Fuel seems to be from 12-13.5 ranges. Any insight here Foxbat would be appreciated. As far as traditional kicker fueling

foxbat Apr 28, 2013 03:14 PM

We don't want a kick, if the throttle is opened then pressure would escape the other way around!
Did you try to switch to full OL & enrich low load cells (same as -ve timing area)? Would the ECU comply?

I'm almost convinced that SAS antilag doesn't require neither a kick nor an ignition cut, but is it meant to be as aggressive as ignition cut ALS?

We need a better understanding of SAS ecu control & we need to work on the fuel part.

211Ratsbud Apr 28, 2013 03:30 PM

Not meant to be as aggressive afaik due to not charging the intake manifold.. I was curious to know the throttle kick fuel requirements. i was registering afrs in the 12 via wideband in the downpipe. I would suspect that tail pipe afr could be leaner and still have enough in the manifold.

I would bet that similar if not greater shaft speed could be obtained when considering setups. I wouldn't be shocked of the inlet mani presssure being raised up due to either iac settings or boost peeking through

I'm actually trying to buy a turbo speed sensor from Fp now.

211Ratsbud Apr 28, 2013 07:12 PM

Picked up a dnp stock frame turbo manifold from hiboost to modify for my current bigger sas pipe work