EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   General non-information about factory ALS (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/573324-general-non-information-about-factory-als.html)

foxbat Aug 3, 2013 01:17 PM

Sounds good! Keep me posted... once you get to play with it

211Ratsbud Aug 5, 2013 03:54 PM

Dropped off a -20 fitting today to have it milled or figment on the outlet side of a mvs. I will run -20 line to the valve.

Where do y'all think the best spot to pull secondary air from is? Oe is right before the throttle body I suppose that keeps a dead end from happening

tunermt Aug 8, 2013 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud (Post 10911794)
Dropped off a -20 fitting today to have it milled or figment on the outlet side of a mvs. I will run -20 line to the valve.

Where do y'all think the best spot to pull secondary air from is? Oe is right before the throttle body I suppose that keeps a dead end from happening

cold side of the IC in perfect world but honestly works just fine if you have to plumb from the hotside ;)

211Ratsbud Aug 9, 2013 12:26 PM

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps04109600.jpg

Fresh off the lathe for the tial a -20 outlet ( now my inlet ) adaptor.

211Ratsbud Aug 10, 2013 01:44 PM

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps7d08a2e0.jpg

tunermt Aug 12, 2013 07:45 PM

Please note I don't mean to say your doing anything wrong whatsoever just want to share info learned from experience with you so you can avoid a little extra $$, work and worry ;)

don't suppose they managed to machine an O ring groove as well? Be sure to pressure test that connection i'm sure you'll end up needing to use a bit of gasket maker between the WG and your newly machined fitting. (that connection point was not ever designed to see much if any pressure, maybe 1-3psi max even on re circulating WG set ups. Potential boost leak, but you'll be able to prevent that no problem ;)

Good to see your sticking to it, i'm sure you'll be quite happy with the final results!

PS Being you are running quite large diameter plumbing you may want to give yourself a place to install restrictors (When venting the compressor air into the exhaust manifold you will actually need to limit the amount of air flow a bit depending on the size of turbo/turbine wheel/s you are trying to spin).

211Ratsbud Aug 13, 2013 04:31 AM

Planned to use the same high temp bond used on the oil pan. I ring groove though that's a good idea if I could find a material that didn't deteriorate from the location and heat

I've thought that you don't want to induce compressor surge that is of course unless tss is getting out of hand.

Stock turbine wheel with a 71 hta compressor. 51lb minute~

Thanks for keeping the conversation alive. This is an experiment all the way and I hope to find something.

I'm curious what just ignition cut can do on decel vs ign retard.

tunermt Aug 17, 2013 03:27 AM

Thanks for keeping the conversation alive. This is an experiment all the way and I hope to find something.

I'm curious what just ignition cut can do on decel vs ign retard.
From my experience ignition cut works like a charm WHEN the exhaust manifold is hot enough. Of course your exhaust manifold doesn't take to much "spirited driving" to glow red hot.

I thought i noticed you got a new EMS as well? stock ecu is great but proper EMS will give you so much control ;)

211Ratsbud Aug 17, 2013 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by tunermt (Post 10924968)
From my experience ignition cut works like a charm WHEN the exhaust manifold is hot enough. Of course your exhaust manifold doesn't take to much "spirited driving" to glow red hot.

I thought i noticed you got a new EMS as well? stock ecu is great but proper EMS will give you so much control ;)

I had a vipec ordered, although I'm not positive on the status of that. I believe there may be a lead time on the newest version, patiently waiting for updates.

tunermt Aug 18, 2013 07:39 PM

I see, feel free to shoot me an email if you can't seem to get a honest answer of lead time. I'm sure we can help out IF needed ;)

Keep up the great work my friend.

211Ratsbud Aug 19, 2013 01:06 PM

I just logged airflow hz on decel, I'm back on maf. I found on average with a recirculating bov now that there was a 30 difference in hz on decel. No sas piping. Just the difference between normal overrun timing and -20. Screenshot to follow

So my theory is that giving an exit to the system plus more air for combustion and shaft speed would be even higher. Sounds like ~30 hz of air has been increased in the bypass? Totally plausible stock ecu anti lag.

I didn't log load, but I assume an airflow increase proports to load increase.

I would love to log the maf hz from the sensor while on sd.

211Ratsbud Aug 19, 2013 03:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...1&d=1376950583

bottom line is normal overrun timing. top line is -20 on overrun. I am back on 8859 for emissions testing. However there is also no SAS pipework installed at the moment.

HZ or fresh air would be increased if there was an increase in turbine speed. The best way I can think that involves us, is fresh air in the manifold to expand with the retarded timing.

Can we agree that -20 did something? if HZ is increased does that mean shaft speed did too?

Since hz increased Id believe load did too, but I was playing for good sampling rates so I didn't log much more than necessary.

people have had ways of "anti lag for a while" but because it doesn't violently produce boost in the manifold its downplayed by a lot of people that don't know any better.

EvocentriK Aug 20, 2013 09:04 AM

So envious you can get -20*. I can only run -10* on 9055 with an VIII

211Ratsbud Aug 20, 2013 09:19 AM

3 plug ecu's for the 8? Do they run up to -20?

tunermt Aug 20, 2013 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud (Post 10927299)
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...1&d=1376950583

bottom line is normal overrun timing. top line is -20 on overrun. I am back on 8859 for emissions testing. However there is also no SAS pipework installed at the moment.

HZ or fresh air would be increased if there was an increase in turbine speed. The best way I can think that involves us, is fresh air in the manifold to expand with the retarded timing.

Can we agree that -20 did something? if HZ is increased does that mean shaft speed did too?

Since hz increased Id believe load did too, but I was playing for good sampling rates so I didn't log much more than necessary.

people have had ways of "anti lag for a while" but because it doesn't violently produce boost in the manifold its downplayed by a lot of people that don't know any better.

I would say based on your data (assuming both test were consistent) yes the -20* is producing some extra energy pre turbine wheel which increases shaft speed and MAF hz.
***have you eliminated the decel fuel cut yet?***

When you refer to "load" increasing do you mean post TB aka manifold pressure?

1 thing to look out for being your still on MAF right now, as the HZ increase the ecu may work its way out of the -20* section of the timing map. Also keep in mind how this will affect the fueling during "overrun" as you can quite easily overspin/melt the turbine wheel with to much air and fuel. (which your new system has the ability to provide).
Adjusting more and more of the map to suite the overrun/ALS may then start to dramatically affect normal driving HOWEVER if you can simply swap maps when you want ALS this becomes much less of a problem.

Hope that made some sense, quite busy lately so my posts may not be as well writen as they could be! As usual great work, you are absolutely headed in the right direction.