EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   General non-information about factory ALS (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/573324-general-non-information-about-factory-als.html)

todd6027 Sep 5, 2013 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud (Post 10946186)
Have you ever seen them drilled out? What did they use for a drill? I'm interested..

electric drill and bit :D they are at an angle so it easy

211Ratsbud Oct 1, 2013 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
modeled up the flange I needed water jet from the local shop. Just put it with some generic pipes to show the fitment. This will weld to the TiAl Flange formerly on the inlet of the MVS. Now known as the outlet/manifold side of things.

-20 hardware is in, got a bung and a cap. cutting this flange and welding the bung leaves the pipework last, which as always is the toughest part for me to accomplish.

I have a plan this time though and instead of using hydraulic pipe 'he' said to have some tubing ordered. Will allow for generous radii and overall easier to work with..

this will forever be something that I tinker with. .. ... :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...t.phtml?p=1979

could be a good start right there..

211Ratsbud Nov 10, 2013 02:14 PM

I did finally get the JDM hardware for my nine installed. waiting on a clutch install to test maf/hz and different situations and blow off valve configurations.

first plan is to make my greddy type s with two springs so it only blows off the initial surge and vacuum cant open it during normal idle and overrun situations. Monitoring maf hz on decel with that option should give a pretty clear idea of any air that is consumed when comparing air injection vs non.

211Ratsbud Nov 19, 2013 05:19 PM

I know Im going out on a tangent here by taking this on with the vipec. But I did order it and it could be here this week if im lucky.

so does this sound like the method of using the JDM SAS hardware with Vi-pec?

Anti-Lag RPM/TP Activated (ECU controlled air bleed)

No cyclic idle and the user requires Anti-lag to be activated via RPM and TPS. Extra air is only bled into the engine via an ECU controlled solenoid when the Anti-Lag is ON.

· Anti-Lag System Arming = DI

· Cyclic Idle Mode = OFF

· AL Enable RPM = 3000 RPM

· AL Enable TP = 60%

· Anti-lag Solenoid Connected

Operation:

Turn the key on, the engine will be running with a normal idle. Flick the switch connected to the appropriate DI to its ON position, anti-lag will become armed. Drive to the start of the rally stage, give the throttle a stab to exceed 3000RPM and 60% throttle, anti-lag will become active. Anti-lag will remain active generating turbo speed until the RPM and TP have been below their enable values for the time specified by the AL deactivation timeout. You can turn the anti-lag off at any time by flicking the switch to its OFF position. Drive the stage. On completion of the stage the engine will be idling normally.

tunermt Nov 27, 2013 06:19 PM

Vipec is most commonly used with a "throttle kick" style als. however rather than using the throttle to bleed air you use an EMS activated solenoid to bleed air past the throttle when ALS is activated. (over course there is also a change in fueling and timing).

The EMS then uses the ALS tables to control/limit RPM, boost etc. (basically this set up functions very similar to a "drag style ALS" with the addition of the bypassed air being controlled by the solenoid VS your foot on the throttle.

Now if you're still planning to do the SAS set up there are ways to get Vipec to control this as well but not nearly as easy. (i'm sure you'll handle it though ;)

PS. depending on the size of your turbo you may find a lower value works better for:

"· AL Enable TP = 60% "

211Ratsbud Nov 28, 2013 03:22 PM

tuner,

that is why I want to know about the out put of the anti lag solenoid on the vipec. It can operate in Gr. A mode and that's why im trying to find out more about this particular setup.

Ill be using a kick or bypass solenoid to the intake manifold (grc style) if the unit cant achieve what I wanted to do originally.

tunermt Jan 12, 2014 07:03 AM

SUPER late response on my part, do you have your Vipec in the car yet?

The ecu will be able to actuate a solenoid to control your tial valve as a air bypass valve its just a matter of creating the tables and having the sensors to be able to effectively tune it. When you get the ECU in the car feel free to email i would be happy to help you out. tuning@brewedmotorsports.com

211Ratsbud Jan 12, 2014 07:36 AM

Actually planned to install it today finally a break in the winter weather here and a little free time coincide !

211Ratsbud Jan 24, 2014 06:23 AM

Well I fired this sas system up with my vi-pec. Low rpms lift very large fire show. Needs more tuning and adjustment of cut retard and fuel. I get some pops and bangs right now that's about it.

cmspaz Feb 5, 2014 09:54 AM

Just figured I'd post in here to say that I've got the whole OE setup including the vacuum reservoir and IM bracket with holding clip for it, minus the UICP, and am willing to part with it if anyone is interested.

I stuffed the car it was going to go on and I'm building my new one in a much more conservative direction that this has no part in.

Enclavet Feb 25, 2014 09:06 PM

Just wanted to chime in. Have a Pectel SQ6 and you can do antilag using something as simple as an air bypass valve (idle air control). I have it setup with a Bosch Idle air control valve and it works great. Also need a clutch switch to activate the antilag function. Its very fun but you need to watch your EGTs..

foxbat Feb 26, 2014 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Enclavet (Post 11128017)
Just wanted to chime in. Have a Pectel SQ6 and you can do antilag using something as simple as an air bypass valve (idle air control). I have it setup with a Bosch Idle air control valve and it works great. Also need a clutch switch to activate the antilag function. Its very fun but you need to watch your EGTs..

Does the valve recalculate the air back to the exhaust manifold or are you using the valve as a throttle kick?

Enclavet Feb 26, 2014 11:11 AM

Does the valve recalculate the air back to the exhaust manifold or are you using the valve as a throttle kick?
Generally the recirc back into the exhaust manifold is harder on the exhaust components so I opted not to do that. Its more of a throttle kick and also using the ecu to misfire at a set RPM to build boost.

Also I dont think you could use a idle air valve for the exhaust manifold, it would just create an exhaust leak and make you lose power. My tuner has done it on other cars and said you need some kind of air pump for that kind of ALS system.

211Ratsbud Feb 26, 2014 04:52 PM

I'm not sure where I stand in the air injection any more. I need a full on custom manifold and turbo kit. I'm confident the vipec could handle it and I want to use target turbo speed instead of boost.

There is literally zero information on trending and tuning with said set up and emails to top motorsports teams offers Area 51 secrecy. I make 50k a year and spend fractions of that on my Evo.

People with this time to develop piss 50k a weekend.

I want it, I need help though. We need a team to accomplish this .. Lol

Maybe my ambition will pick back up soon

211Ratsbud Apr 1, 2014 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's an interesting idea for a secondary air manifold.

Makes me brainstorm a simple( key ) waterjet flange with milled ports in the bottom. Been trying to come up with a way to save labor and professional fabrication time and keep it building block style.