EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   Dyno Records.. We need 1 Standard of Measurement!!! Vote Now.. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/506815-dyno-records-we-need-1-standard-measurement-vote-now.html)

Boosted Tuning Aug 1, 2010 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by batty200 (Post 8546070)
I think dynojet is not easily manipulated and the standard in all other car communities. Also the other thing to do is to remember what even the SAE states about their correction factor, if it is above 1.03 to disregard. It is not meant to be a correction factor for altitude but it meant to be for only weather.

I have been saying this for a while. {thumbup}

Boosted Tuning Aug 1, 2010 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by R/TErnie (Post 8546500)
I do agree that the proof in the pudding is in your results at the track... but to compare Horsepower to Horsepower... you're best bet is the dyno. Otherwise racing it down the track only allows for many other ways of manipulation en lieu of a correction factor.

^ This part =

Originally Posted by E-Spec@Tach Motor Works (Post 8546685)
Very well said.

Toxin Aug 2, 2010 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports (Post 8545856)
.. or they were dynoing very close to the sun..

Made my day :lol::lol::lol:

4G63Rules Aug 2, 2010 01:38 AM

Great topic Mike. I agree with you 100%.

alpha Aug 2, 2010 04:43 AM

We see this here in Tampa / Orlando all the time. Car comes from an MD shop. Makes less. Customer is left wondering what issues came up over the last week when none really did. I agree with you Mike. A lot of these shops with adjustable dynos are very deceptive and unethical. Especially brainwashing and spoon feeding the customer about not going to the track

FQ4OO Aug 2, 2010 05:04 AM

From an Aussies point of view, as a general rule of thumb when comparing DynoJet numbers with local results on Dyno Dynamics or Dynamic test systems dynos, we -20% from DynoJet results on comparable cars, so DynoJet results are a bit of a laugh in Oz.

alpha Aug 2, 2010 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by FQ4OO (Post 8546916)
From an Aussies point of view, as a general rule of thumb when comparing DynoJet numbers with local results on Dyno Dynamics or Dynamic test systems dynos, we -20% from DynoJet results on comparable cars, so DynoJet results are a bit of a laugh in Oz.

Dyno Dynamics are a bit of a laugh here. I would say 5 out of 10 cars I dyno from a Dyno Dynamics put down a bit less power on the DynoJets I use. These Dyno Dynamic operators are using a rediculous correction factor. Must be these silly Americans. How did you come up with a universal -20%?

eTiLiKo Aug 2, 2010 05:16 AM

Who cares about dyno records? Thay say NOTHING!

F&H Performance Aug 2, 2010 05:19 AM

If you pay close attention the guys who make outrageous claims on hp are the same guys who have never ran anything respectable at the track. I can care less what a car that we do makes hp wise if it traps high and runs in its ballpark I'm happy even if the dyno says 550hp.

FQ4OO Aug 2, 2010 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by alpha (Post 8546925)
Dyno Dynamics are a bit of a laugh here. I would say 5 out of 10 cars I dyno from a Dyno Dynamics put down a bit less power on the DynoJets I use. These Dyno Dynamic operators are using a rediculous correction factor. Must be these silly Americans. How did you come up with a universal -20%?

Yeah ive seen alot of CF1.2 on EvoM, so i hear what you say about having a laugh at some of them.

The 20% comes from various stock car numbers ive seen quoted on dynojets which always seem to be ~10 higher than MD and more like 20% on DD.

I have a 2.3/35r running ~26psi and i make about 320kw (432whp) on a DD in shootout mode, correction factor was 0.96xx from the weather station. Tyre pressure 40psi and intake temps a few degrees higher than ambient.

I love the charts with 50psi tyre pressure and intake temps which are way higher than the ambient temp... free horsepower. lol

BLKCarbonEVO Aug 2, 2010 05:52 AM

Mike, Great topic!

I personally feel that the DJ should be the standard to which all cars should be measured! This has been a problem in the past and will prob continue to be a problem in the future. People take the dyno numbers to heart, when honestly no dynos will read the same except the corrected DJs. MDs are a hit and miss with every shop. I think a standard would be ideal, however, what is the reality of this happening? :lol:

Track times are what really dictate hp numers imo if individuals dyno on anything other than a DJ. Some shops, not flaming at anyone or shops in paticular, but when a 600hp MD car runs a mid 11 there is a problem... :lol:

I'm also sick of the "we are in NY where it is cold", "we are in TX where it is hot" Bull ****! Weather correction should be thrown out the ****ing window!!!

DYNO JETS FTW. I can't wait to hear what the big MD shops have to say... All ears!

Mikey

stryfetew Aug 2, 2010 06:03 AM

I agree totally

alpha Aug 2, 2010 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by FQ4OO (Post 8546971)
I love the charts with 50psi tyre pressure

I like this guy :lol: Not a lot of people pick up on that

Pizzamangtr Aug 2, 2010 06:46 AM

Nice topic!! Food for thought! If you want the fastest mph in a mile where do you go? One place for the record! Texas mile! Why not pick one dyno at one spot that is not a part of the Evo community and have a dyno competition? You want the record you make the trip! That way one dyno, same climate, same correction factors ect! Then thier won't be anymore issues. No matter what people say about not careing about numbers is bs! When you mod your car you look for that number and compare it with others that have similar setups. I'm pretty sure 99.9% of evom when they put new power parts on thief cars they search the dyno results to see what others made with similar setups and base thief results on that. So let's pick one dyno at one shop and have a dyno shootout! You can't make it your numbers from home don't hold wieght for hp records. Hell get the guenis book of world records guy to come verify the numbers and make it official! IMO!

Fast_Freddie Aug 2, 2010 06:47 AM

To me if going for a record setting run, you can tune the car on which ever dyno you prefer, however back it up with a Dynojet run. I try to only tune the car on a Dynojet as I can truely tell where my car was/is especially when moving from state to state as I do in the Navy... it gives me some sort of constant when determining what is working with my set up...