EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   Dyno Records.. We need 1 Standard of Measurement!!! Vote Now.. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/506815-dyno-records-we-need-1-standard-measurement-vote-now.html)

David Buschur Aug 2, 2010 06:47 PM

pizzaman, I'm with you. One dyno for the records and everyone meet there.........just so happens we've been doing this for about 7 years at the DSM/EVO Shootout. Just so happens that is the 14th of this month.

We have two dyno awards. Stock Appearing Dyno King and Big Turbo Dyno King.

Bring the car fellas, we'll dyno them the 14th.

AWD Motorsports Aug 2, 2010 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur (Post 8549471)
pizzaman, I'm with you. One dyno for the records and everyone meet there.........just so happens we've been doing this for about 7 years at the DSM/EVO Shootout. Just so happens that is the 14th of this month.

We have two dyno awards. Stock Appearing Dyno King and Big Turbo Dyno King.

Bring the car fellas, we'll dyno them the 14th.

We won Big Turbo Dyno King last year.. :p

I got $$$ Emery this year!!!

Mike

Aby@MIL.SPEC Aug 2, 2010 08:45 PM

i have been on 3 different dj's & they all read very similar with identical mods....very impressed...as the 3rd gear pull was virtually identical to my 3rd gear road pulls.

I cant say that for 3 md's or dd's......as i have only dyno'd on DD & the speed trace was complete bull****, so that wouldnt represent a decent pull, wether it was on the road or a dyno......

i do know that i cant drive / launch my car, so i posted a weak 1/4 mile time but decent speed for the gas used......so since i didnt post a decent time, but yet a good mph, does that mean my dyno pull was wrong???

I dont think so.... Go DJ!

epooh1 Aug 3, 2010 12:11 AM

simple

Should all Horspower Records be set or backed up MANDATORY on Dynojet Dyno??
YES

Colt4g63 Aug 3, 2010 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by epooh1 (Post 8550151)
Should all Horspower Records be set or backed up MANDATORY on Dynojet Dyno??
YES

X2. There is really no debate or argument as i see it here guys.. We all know a DJ is the most consistent # wise from dyno to dyno that there is on the market. You cant manipulate the #s like other dyno systems on the market... Well unless you were to get ultra shady and maybe put a humidifier and a heat gun on the weather station.... :lol: Which would be pretty obvious by the correction factor that it used by anyone that has a clue. So pretty fool proof IMHO.

And i have no idea why the thread took the turn of "who cares about dyno #s take it to the track" As thats NOT what the thread and poll was about.... Is it that hard to stay on topic??

David Buschur Aug 3, 2010 07:31 AM

Mike, yep you won last year and most years on this dyno a car in the 600's wins the competition and to think it's a gathering of the quickest/fastest Mitsubishi's.

JohnBradley Aug 3, 2010 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports (Post 8546075)
Id say STD is the Standard of measurement.. AMS has always used this from what i see, We always have as well.. Seems STD is safest because it does allow some correction for those of us in 110 dyno temps vs some in NW 10 degree.. The dynojet will add and subtract HP accordingly via weather station..

Tiny manipulations are unavoidable.. if a HP record is broken by 20hp on 800hp car nothing much anyone can do.. Every dyno varies a little anyway.. however this keeps the Dishonest guys away that make claims such as 430whp on pump stock 8 turbo.. you wont make that on any dynojet in the country..

LOL...

to the subject-

If dyno records are stupid why claim et. or trap? I can run a great trap but I suck as a driver and never have the e.t. to match. I have seen the exact opposite and see people run crazy times because the launch and 60' were good but they dont have the mph to back it up.

Records are like trophies. No one really cares but its something that everyone notices, something that everyone can relate to. Does 1118whp mean much? Apparently not since the car never did what it was supposed to. Did it make a S-ton of power? Yes. Does it show that putting a motor together that withstands the forces involved directly relates to experience? I'd like to think so.

The question was not are records dumb, it was should they be on a dynojet. I think they should if its something you want to claim. Here is why-

There is ONE way to manipulate a DJ and the torque is always the give away. If you make the dyno think ambient temp is really high and then run corrected the numbers go up. So does the torque. 1118whp makes 650-670 ft lbs with a 42 or 45R. If it were faked you would see something like 800 ft lbs or something silly. It would be very obvious to anyone that knows what had happened.

Maybe I should say what the car ran in mph vs weight and then people can decide for themselves if it was cool?

Aaron

Pizzamangtr Aug 3, 2010 12:05 PM

Aaron! now you have to come out this way to chill with us and bring your car! LOL! i know exactly about the mph point! We had no launch control and stock tires and a shi**y 3.30 60ft and almost stalled off the line and still trapped 141mph and over 100mph in the 1/8th on a 98deg day and ran in the 12s. cant drive either lmao!

So two weeks at buschur for the record? Damn!! got some work to do!

Pizzamangtr Aug 3, 2010 12:07 PM

mike. what did you dyno at buschurs last year?

EvolutinIX Aug 3, 2010 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Blayq Owns You (Post 8545901)
Dynojet > all. Unmanipulated numbers FTW!

+1 great sig BTW...

metalsaber Aug 3, 2010 12:40 PM

I think there should be a standard. I could care less which dyno type it is.

Gump Aug 3, 2010 01:15 PM

My guess, based upon the timing of this thread and many of the posters and location of the posters in this thread is that my car and the shop that built it are the target of this thread. If I'm wrong then sorry for allowing my ego to think that I can fire up this many people. For the record however "I" make no claim to a world record with the numbers my car laid down on the dyno last Saturday.

From the banter I have seen on several threads inside this and other forums their appears to be a degree of animosity between some folks in the Central/Southern Florida area, specificaly the Tampa region. I would love to have multiple dyno sheets to prove one way or another that the numbers my car made on a particular shops mustang dyno in Tampa match exactly with the numbers from another shops dyno in Orlando. Alas as with any build sh!t happens and somewhere between Tampa and Orlando yesterday one of my spark plugs decided to crap the bed and I never got an honest pull on the dynojet at my final destination. Many will claim this to be mighty convienient, though you might need to explain to me how a 130mile round trip with sunoco 117 ($110 in gas + $80 for 3 pulls so $190 just pissed out the door) is convienient. What I can say is that based upon the single half way solid pull that was made the power curve between the two dynos were very comprable.

As many very respectable individuals have noted horsepower numbers meen jack **** if the car doesn't perform at the track. The only record I care about my X holding is the 1/4 mile record presently held by AMS. Every other number is simply bragging rights as far as I am concerned.

AWD Motorsports Aug 3, 2010 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by pizzamanevo8 (Post 8551583)
mike. what did you dyno at buschurs last year?

Dyno'd just over 800 on BR dyno..

Mike

Aby@MIL.SPEC Aug 3, 2010 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports (Post 8551761)
Dyno'd just over 800 on BR dyno..

Mike

what did you car do on a dj with exact settings/fuel/boost/etc?

AWD Motorsports Aug 3, 2010 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC (Post 8551906)
what did you car do on a dj with exact settings/fuel/boost/etc?

921whp... we didnt touch a thing.. Drove to BR with car in trailer strapped and dyno.. 13% lower than our dyno..