EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   Evo 9 EFR7163/Origin Fabrication/Full Race/Pump 93 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/733762-evo-9-efr7163-origin-fabrication-full-race-pump-93-a.html)

alpinaturbo Oct 20, 2016 03:08 PM

And better by fairly significant margin!
From ultimate power - to lower back pressure that enables running more aggressive (higher output) st lower boost and less ignition advance, for reliable performance on/off track.

awhit17 Oct 20, 2016 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by dookgvr4 (Post 11675395)
Why the switch to this setup from the 71hta? Doesn't appear to be that big of a difference?

Not degrading.... Just came across this as I am currently researching the 71hta upgrade.

It is difficult to compare graphs because my car was tuned on the 71hta on a different dyno. But, I expect on the same dyno my car would make 30-40 more hp with the 7163, and the feel of it on the road is very different.

The best way to describe it is that the car does not feel 'boosty'. The power comes on smoother and It feels more like a torquey NA motor as long as you are above ~3,000rpm. You just move your foot and it goes

dookgvr4 Oct 20, 2016 06:42 PM

Definitely beautiful setup{thumbup}

stimsoni Oct 23, 2016 07:29 PM

How much boost are you running and at what rpm did you hit that target.
Not sure if I missed it somewhere.

awhit17 Oct 24, 2016 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by dookgvr4 (Post 11675513)
Definitely beautiful setup{thumbup}

Thank you. I built this car around the following constraints that I wanted to keep:

1. Stock Motor
2. Pump Gas
3. Best powerband possible

I think the 7163 is the best choice for my situation, given that you can afford moving away from stock frame turbos, which is really not that much of a $ jump nowadays.

Originally Posted by stimsoni (Post 11676300)
How much boost are you running and at what rpm did you hit that target.
Not sure if I missed it somewhere.

Unfortunately I don't have precise numbers in front of me for that, as I was not in town when the car had to go on the dyno.

We'll be getting the car back on the dyno soon to finish the tune (functioning fuel pump this time) and I will be sure to do a better job at getting info that time around.

nemsin Oct 24, 2016 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by awhit17 (Post 11676367)
I think the 7163 is the best choice for my situation, given that you can afford moving away from stock frame turbos, which is really not that much of a $ jump nowadays.

How much did it cost you all in?

awhit17 Oct 24, 2016 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by nemsin (Post 11676453)
How much did it cost you all in?

My cost should not be used as a yardstick, I have as much in the Wiggins tube connectors alone as most people spend on a set of charge pipes.

But bolt-on to bolt-on stuff for the EFR isn't any more expensive...you just have to buy a tubular manifold. A 7163 + Turbosmart WGA is less than the cost of an FP ball bearing stock frame turbo.

Evol Knievo Nov 29, 2016 12:39 AM

Thanks for posting up the info and amazingly built car. I too am contemplating the Fullrace EFR 7163 kit to replace my HTA 71. The graph is a little hard to read with the glare in the photo. Would you happen to have an electronic copy that you could upload possibly with boost info as well?

awhit17 Nov 29, 2016 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Evol Knievo (Post 11687313)
Thanks for posting up the info and amazingly built car. I too am contemplating the Fullrace EFR 7163 kit to replace my HTA 71. The graph is a little hard to read with the glare in the photo. Would you happen to have an electronic copy that you could upload possibly with boost info as well?

The car will be going onto a dynojet in the next week or two to finish the tune, and this time I will be present. So I should have some more relatable and easy to read data for you guys. Thanks for the compliments! {thumbup}

mines5 Nov 29, 2016 11:40 AM

Very nice build.. The engine bay looks amazing.

Can you post a video of the dyno run ? or some street pulls ?

cerevo Nov 29, 2016 02:39 PM

As someone who hasn't even gotten my built 2.0 and HTA71 on, I am very looking forward to seeing what you get out of it.

Do you have plans to build it or run it til it pops?

abk1024 Nov 29, 2016 03:43 PM

What kind of wheels?

Evol Knievo Nov 30, 2016 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by cerevo (Post 11687562)
As someone who hasn't even gotten my built 2.0 and HTA71 on, I am very looking forward to seeing what you get out of it.

No need to build the motor for an HTA 71. That's the beauty of the Evo 4G63 motor its way overbuilt so unless your trying to put 500 plus ponies to the pavement, spend your money on maintenance and sensible mods like brakes (not Wiggens couplers). :lol: J/K if I could afford it I would do it too.

awhit17 Nov 30, 2016 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by cerevo (Post 11687562)

I have no plans to build it right now. My self imposed restraints on this build were a stock block and pump gas. If the trans or something ever goes I may throw in a built 2.0 while I'm there, but part of me would prefer to just put a virgin OEM shortblock in instead.

Originally Posted by abk1024 (Post 11687583)
What kind of wheels?

Volk ZE40s {thumbup}

Originally Posted by Evol Knievo (Post 11687704)
No need to build the motor for an HTA 71. That's the beauty of the Evo 4G63 motor its way overbuilt so unless your trying to put 500 plus ponies to the pavement, spend your money on maintenance and sensible mods like brakes (not Wiggens couplers). :lol: J/K if I could afford it I would do it too.

HEY NOW...lol! Like I told someone earlier, this is not a "how much power can I make for the least amount of money" setup. I wanted the best powerband and driving experience on a stock block and pump gas. And some purple bling :updown:

stimsoni Nov 30, 2016 07:34 PM

Your engine bay does look pretty damn good. What type and colour have you used for the uicp and rocker cover.