EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Eneos vs Amsoil (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/328239-eneos-vs-amsoil.html)

SWOLN Mar 1, 2008 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by dbsears87 (Post 5349661)
So since the Evo saturates the oil more with gas should it be changed more. I run 10w-30 ATM amsoil btw. Also wondering if maybe a better oil filter would help. Starting to have my doubts running the OEM one. Anybody ever test the OEM filter vs WIX?

I'm sorry if I am a little lazy, but there are some oils out that will control the fuel saturation better than others. I'm not sure about the name, but I think BioSynHD was one of them, which interestingly enough was formulated, to combat the RS4's engines from eating itself to death, through Terry Dyson, a specialized oil analysis guy/company. Terry Dysons' name seems to run in the same cirlce as Blackstone Oil Analysis. Aside from that, one should really do more research on their own, on this subject, and don't take any one persons or companies product/word as gossiple, not even mine. Seriously, go learn for youself, if its important enough to you that is... I said earlier that www.bobistheoilguy.com is a great forum to learn about oils and additives. I hope that I helped.

SSP-Ralliart Mar 1, 2008 12:56 PM

The WIX filters are a great filter..i usually perfer using the EA Amsoil filters with the Amsoil products.....lasts as long as the oil.....

Oil Doc Mar 7, 2008 06:25 PM

I usually recommend the WIX filter over the AMSOIL filter, as most EVO owners either run them hard on the Street, or Track their cars frequently, and the WIX filter will have less of a chance of going into by-pass.

I am working up some 1 Micron Filter Kits to help keep the oil analytically clean and not going into bypass, plus adding HP due to less restriction.

If anyone is interested, before I put too much time into this, let me know what you think @ oildoc@bestoil4you.com

On the subject of the Eneos Oil, I have had people say that they come up with lifter tick in that 2000-2500 mile range. My personal feeling is that they have to use too much VI Improver to have the broad Viscosity range, as their base stocks may not be able to carry it.

The AMSOIL 0W-30, Product Code SSO, is The Top of the Line with a TBN of over 13. TBN is the ability of the oil to Neutralize acidity, not it's detergency.

AMSOIL SSO is Highly Recommended for The EVO.

Doc

oildoc@bestoil4you.com

Toll Free Ordering 1-877-356-6099

Free 6 Month Prefered Customer Membership with Qualifying Orders

Mitchubishievo Mar 7, 2008 06:30 PM

I just put some of this stuff in my car...so far feels identicle to Amsoil on start up and drives the same smoothness. I'll be on the track in 6 weeks, and I'll report how the car feels then.

So far, so good.

SSP-Ralliart Mar 8, 2008 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Oil Doc (Post 5380108)
I usually recommend the WIX filter over the AMSOIL filter, as most EVO owners either run them hard on the Street, or Track their cars frequently, and the WIX filter will have less of a chance of going into by-pass.

I am working up some 1 Micron Filter Kits to help keep the oil analytically clean and not going into bypass, plus adding HP due to less restriction.

If anyone is interested, before I put too much time into this, let me know what you think @ oildoc@bestoil4you.com

On the subject of the Enous Oil, I have had people say that they come up with lifter tick in that 2000-2500 mile range. My personal feeling is that they have to use too much VI Improver to have the broad Viscosity range, as their base stocks may not be able to carry it.

The AMSOIL 0W-30, Product Code SSO, is The Top of the Line with a TBN of over 13. TBN is the ability of the oil to Neutralize acidity, not it's detergency.

AMSOIL SSO is Highly Recommended for The EVO.

Doc

oildoc@bestoil4you.com

Toll Free Ordering 1-877-356-6099

Free 6 Month Prefered Customer Membership with Qualifying Orders

I do agree with Oil Doc. SSO like i said earlier is one of the best products. I run SSO in my race car and never had a single problem.....{thumbup}

Oil Doc Mar 8, 2008 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by SSP-Ralliart (Post 5381893)
I do agree with Oil Doc. SSO like i said earlier is one of the best products. I run SSO in my race car and never had a single problem.....{thumbup}

Thanks.... What filters (air/oil) are you running ?

We also have air filters that are the cone style. They flow as well as a Wetted Gauze and Filter up to 50 times better... No messy washing and reoiling.. vacuum cleaner or light air pressure.

Doc

Mitchubishievo Mar 30, 2008 07:01 AM

Another update....Coming up to 1500 miles on the oil, and still no ticking or any issues. The car feels just as it did with Amsoil when I ran it. I've also done some very cold starts, clsoe to 0 degree temps outside, and the car started with no issues. So far, I'm really liking the Eneos 0w-50, but who knows....I may come back to Amsoil eventually :lol:.

Oil Doc Mar 30, 2008 07:40 AM

Too thick of an oil for a stock clearance engine.. Takes away HP, fuel mileage and increases oil temps.

Doc

nils Mar 30, 2008 07:48 AM

doc.. wassup with all these 'x oil brand' vs Amsoil' lately... ha ha

n

dbsears Mar 30, 2008 12:28 PM

People feel the need to try and prove something else is better :confused: Somebody is always trying to take down the top dawg. When you can buy Amsoil from Doc for only a tiny bit more than M1 from Wal Mart its a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Oil Doc Mar 30, 2008 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by nils (Post 5475076)
doc.. wassup with all these 'x oil brand' vs Amsoil' lately... ha ha

n

The post after yours says exactly what I have said many times... When you are Top Dog.... Someone is always trying to knock you off...

Doc Seller of the Top Dog

Oil Doc Mar 30, 2008 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by dbsears87 (Post 5475749)
People feel the need to try and prove something else is better :confused: Somebody is always trying to take down the top dawg. When you can buy Amsoil from Doc for only a tiny bit more than M1 from Wal Mart its a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you for your vote of confidence..

Doc

NewEvolutionIX Mar 30, 2008 03:59 PM

Hey Doc what is your price for the oil and a oil filter. I might just give it a try next oil change! Im using Moble 1 now. PM me

Oil Doc Mar 30, 2008 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Toddevo 8 (Post 5476303)
hey guys, I like the schaeffers oil, it is the only oil with polyalphaolefin

Talk about a BOLD FACE LIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to see the following ASTM Tests for Shaeffers....

D-4742
D-4683
D-5800
D-97
D-4172
D-5293
D-2896

I would also just Love to see ANY Documentation from "Shaeffers" Stating that fact. Which I know is absolutely impossible as it is nothing more than a Fabrication (LIE) on your part.

Doc

Oil Doc Mar 30, 2008 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by NewEvolutionIX (Post 5476405)
Hey Doc what is your price for the oil and a oil filter. I might just give it a try next oil change! Im using Moble 1 now. PM me

Thank you,

You should have your PM already

Doc