EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Buschur Racing baffled oil pans and other oil control. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/514717-buschur-racing-baffled-oil-pans-other-oil-control.html)

boomn29 Dec 27, 2010 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur (Post 8874358)
The pan mod, if the car is apart is going to be beneficial to do, keeping the oil near the pick up surely isn't going to ever hurt.

Agreed.

Can anyone comment on this product that has ordered/installed it?

n2oiroc Dec 27, 2010 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by boomn29 (Post 8941797)
Agreed.

i sent out a pan to get modified, but its not installed. not much to say other than it looks like it will do as advertised.

tscompusa2 May 28, 2011 09:13 PM

bump for a good product. im ordering one of these now. when you have a quick spooling torquey car you need all the help you can get to keep the pickup submerged at all times so it doesnt suck in any air.

psphinx81 May 29, 2011 06:33 AM

mine has worked great so far! i also have the crank scraper

red03evo May 29, 2011 07:42 AM

I think i will pick one up

CBRE Oct 10, 2011 06:20 PM

Installed mine today, nice to have a brand new oil pan on the car along with more piece of mind that the oil is where it should be.

David Buschur Oct 11, 2011 06:50 AM

Thanks Curt, did you put a scraper on it too or did you have it already?

tscompusa Oct 11, 2011 02:17 PM

it would be good to note this pan is identical to the insanely high priced JUN pan as well.. so this pan definitely works well. JUN did lots of testing with it.. i had both pans side by side they both do the same thing.. i filled them both up with water and they both trapped it the same way when moving the pan back and forth. kudos for Buschur Racing for offering the pan at a affordable price for USA people.. JUN is out of their mind.

CBRE Oct 11, 2011 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by David Buschur (Post 9664156)
Thanks Curt, did you put a scraper on it too or did you have it already?

Didn't think it would work with the 2.3

David Buschur Oct 11, 2011 03:08 PM

Yes, works well with the billet crank, a few small mods but you can handle it. I have one in my car.

evoracingstar Mar 13, 2012 02:15 PM

sweet never new that. ill have to pick this up very usefull

boomn29 May 1, 2012 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by boomn29 (Post 8941797)
Agreed.

Yeah, I can answer my own question from 2010 - It works great!

Had this installed earlier this year. Since then I've had 2 track events including 150+ mph at Road Atlanta. No problems; not 1 leak. Pretty happy right there actually. I've seen my Oil Pressure stay much higher and peak much higher. I've also seen my Oil Temps stay lower - about 10-15 degrees on average.

Recommend; especially for the cost and as compared to other options out there with fitment issues.

Ludikraut May 1, 2012 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by boomn29 (Post 10135640)
Yeah, I can answer my own question from 2010 - It works great!

Had this installed earlier this year. Since then I've had 2 track events including 150+ mph at Road Atlanta. No problems; not 1 leak. Pretty happy right there actually. I've seen my Oil Pressure stay much higher and peak much higher. I've also seen my Oil Temps stay lower - about 10-15 degrees on average.

Recommend; especially for the cost and as compared to other options out there with fitment issues.

Do you have data from the Autobahn South Course - turns 1-3 specifically? After running with r-comps I seriously need to address this - I was dropping down to about 25psi oil pressure.

l8r)

boomn29 May 1, 2012 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ludikraut (Post 10135798)
Do you have data from the Autobahn South Course - turns 1-3 specifically? After running with r-comps I seriously need to address this - I was dropping down to about 25psi oil pressure.

l8r)

Sorry, I don't log temps/pressures. I just eyeball the gauges and have the peak recall function that I check after each time out and clear.

Ludikraut May 1, 2012 01:08 PM

What about from an "eyeballing" perspective? You say that it has improved, any guess as to how much? I.e., instead of hitting 25psi, do you now only drop to 35-40 psi?

l8r)