EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Modification Regrets? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/366613-modification-regrets.html)

ToMinLA Apr 25, 2013 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Grimgrak (Post 10759249)
Getting the stoptech rear pads along with my fronts. The rears grab alot sooner than the front, thus tripping the abs and giving me crappy braking :( Switching to a harder compound in the rear helped alot!

I have stoptech on all 4 . Mine work great. Good pads.

Mistaken Apr 25, 2013 04:38 PM

I regret the ex-wife mod. :)

Kelb Apr 29, 2013 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mistaken (Post 10778502)
I regret the ex-wife mod. :)

OMG that made me laugh out loud. Hahahaha.

Mod regrets for me: Not sure if its a regret, But I think I should have done bigger injectors. Bought 1050's which are fine for pump, but ill be going E85 soon...

Also thinking I should have just bought the DBB FP Black instead of the FP Green

Dont get me wrong, the green is fun, But having so much torque on a stock block worries me (running 30psi on 93 tune) Black wouldnt be such an issue.... Looking forward to my build!

Interlude Apr 29, 2013 07:41 PM

Going through a bunch of exterior setups that don't either fit or flow well.

Interlude Apr 29, 2013 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by ToMinLA (Post 10778494)
I have stoptech on all 4 . Mine work great. Good pads.

Makes me want to change up to Stoptech pads from the previous Axxis Ultimates that they sold awhile back.

AnabolicEVO Apr 29, 2013 08:17 PM

I regret rushing to complete a custom gurney flap mod on my wing... The later results a couple months later showed a small chip in the paint near the center area of the flap/wing and epoxy resin on the underside poking out past the flap. The flap works great but if you look close u see some paint chipping and epoxy resin on the underside of the wing. Not the clean nice look I was going for.

jrainwater May 7, 2013 08:34 AM

Tein lowering springs. Super regret that. Go with Swift - period.

villarrs May 7, 2013 12:48 PM

I've never regretted any parts I've put on any of my old DSM's. Not bumper cutouts on the other hand. Thats a different story

Rawger May 11, 2013 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Ryansevox (Post 10778116)
Can I install a bov on my evo x even though its stock???

Damn ! I'm surprise no anyone had t talked alot of **** to you cuz of this. Go on the search botton and you'll find thousands of threads from first time owners asking this question. Read and get all the info about it then you decide

Bramage_Dained May 12, 2013 09:32 PM

I wish i would have sprung for a 4.11 final drive when i had my trans rebuilt 3 years ago.

stihlalive May 15, 2013 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bramage_Dained (Post 10803890)
I wish i would have sprung for a 4.11 final drive when i had my trans rebuilt 3 years ago.

can u explain a little more please, getting mine rebuilt very soon. was going to just keep stock gearing or just the 9 1st gear. what would have the 4.11's given u? i mainly street mine and once n awhile take it to the strip. thanks!

bitterchild May 15, 2013 11:54 AM

4.11 final drive is for big power cars that would be trapping in 5th gear otherwise. It lets you finish the 1/4 in 4th gear removing one shift and resulting in a quicker/faster run

Locdizzel May 22, 2013 11:55 AM

stupid a$$ ebay radiator pipe I was in a rush to get for a show, figured there was no possible way to screw up a pipe...way wrong. it didnt line up right, couplers were too big, I spent a bunch of money on t-bolt clamps and hoses to try to make it work. should have gotten the ets instead of trying to save 20 bucks

rick1024 May 22, 2013 12:37 PM

this damn head unit :
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...rs/AVH-P8400BH

has tons of bugs and issues, like the touchscreen not responding and constantly crashing the ipod/iphone that are connected to it. a lot of people who bought it are having the same issues, and some even worse. pioneer never did anything about it, no firmware update or anything, they just ignored the complaints.

i swear there are times when i would much rather punch it than keep it. i wish i had the cash to replace it already.

hermin0000 May 22, 2013 10:07 PM

My initial intention with the car was to essentially build the ultimate budget power machine. I am a student so am in no way making enough money to do it otherwise. HOWEVER, it took me about one year to complete my mods and now I am:

a.) Bored with the power.
b.) Bummed that no matter what mod i do, it will be the second time purchasing.

You can pretty much pick any mod under my sig and there is a better, higher quality one out there. My biggest "regret" is the cams simply because they were so expensive to buy and install. Now I'm looking at kelford's but really hate that I have to pay for ANOTHER install. My second biggest regret is the intercooler and piping. INJEN SUCKS!! My licp barely fits and I believe is robbing me of power. Treadstone is a great intercooler I think but I just can't seem to get it to fit correctly on our car. My third biggest regret is the turbo. I shouldn't have ever gone stock frame. In hindsight I could have popped on the PTE 5858 or even a 6262. Buy it once, call it a day.

With all of that said, at the time of install and the first few months with these mods was a BLAST. If you are the type of person who will forever be happy with 400whp, my hat is off to you. For me though, my biggest regret is not being honest with what I wanted.:usflag: