EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips-112/)
-   -   How to create a stealthy interior, black. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips/214764-how-create-stealthy-interior-black.html)

en1gma19 Jun 18, 2006 07:04 PM

removing the steering wheel is easy. There is only one allen bolt that holds it on. There is a hole on the bottom part of the steering wheel plastic piece. Just unscrwe that allen bolt and pull the steering wheel of. Very easy.

I did mine, and it really changes the look of the interior. Looks much better IMHO.

Spaceball 1 Jun 18, 2006 07:11 PM

Just have the center console left.

SterlingEvo Jun 18, 2006 07:17 PM

I like it a lot.

inco9nito99 Jun 18, 2006 07:33 PM

Pictures dont show up for me :(

Amazin' Wasian Jun 18, 2006 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by sleet
Yeah, apparently this paint is made for this kinda stuff and doesn't need any primer or anything. I was also short on time so I just did it up. Worse comes to worse if it does peel, scratch or whatever it'll be an easy fix. It would take another maybe 30 minutes to re-do everything.

yeah it will be a very easy fix, but it most likely will chip over time...

-nick

sleet Jun 18, 2006 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by en1gma19
removing the steering wheel is easy. There is only one allen bolt that holds it on. There is a hole on the bottom part of the steering wheel plastic piece. Just unscrwe that allen bolt and pull the steering wheel of. Very easy.

I did mine, and it really changes the look of the interior. Looks much better IMHO.

Got any pictures of your painted one?

sleet Jun 18, 2006 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Spaceball 1
Just have the center console left.

I actually did that one tonight but it got damaged trying to put it back into the car :(

I'll try to finish it tomorrow and i'll post some pics, anyone know how to remove the B pillars with the seatbelts?

celerilux Jun 19, 2006 10:22 AM

Can you post more pics of your Evolution and what % tint do you have on the windows?

EVOIXMR8916 Jun 19, 2006 12:27 PM

now that stealth is perfect man id consider that a hitmans car rather than a street preformance machine. but damn thats the hottest black evo ive seen on here to this date. im loving those engies in black too.

en1gma19 Jun 19, 2006 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by sleet
Got any pictures of your painted one?

Yep, not a close up, but you get the idea.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

If you want a better one let me know.

Silk Jun 19, 2006 02:57 PM

You should do the center counsel as well {thumbup}

SE7EN Jun 19, 2006 03:09 PM

...one of my friends did this on his wrx...only he also did the material on the roof also...he redid his interior....he went out and purchased everything fabric and all for about 60 bucks...and it came out clean...very stock looking ill get fotos and post them around the weeken..he works nights and i work days...so we cant really meet up till friday...ill keep you guys posted...im thinking of doing my roof also ...i dont like the white looking cheap fabric on the roof board...ill show u guys it looks clean

th3_rEv8lution Jun 19, 2006 04:14 PM

sleet that looks incredible! very nice work! im gonna do that the first chance i get, probably this weekend. You should get the black IX seats or the SSL sleets to finish up the all black look. Just my thoughts. thanks for the write up! {thumbup}

th3_rEv8lution Jun 19, 2006 04:48 PM

Also, do you know how to take out the transmission housing, b-pillars, and the pillars in the very back to paint them as well?

dzuest Jun 19, 2006 04:53 PM

Excellent job. I've always loved your car :: cough Jealousy cough::

I'd love to stealth one of those new Black MR's. Lucky me December is fast approaching so the dream is becoming a reality.

Once again great work.