EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine-86/)
-   -   AlchEm1st's Evo IV Coupe conversion project (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine/535138-alchem1sts-evo-iv-coupe-conversion-project.html)

BCspeed34 Feb 8, 2011 02:43 PM

According to RossSport (in the UK) whats needed is:

1 x RS Rear Diff Assembly
1 x RS Front Diff Hanger
1 x RS Moustach Bar
2 x RS Diff Wings
2 x RS Drive Shafts

RS of course meaning non-ayc and non-acd (early Evo 8). The front diff mount is still used along with the large subframe piece, as well as any arms and hubs.

Source

Alchem1st Feb 8, 2011 03:03 PM

Ah, I see. Was that from MLR? Can you link me the thread? It sounds like a good read! I guess I'll throw the axles up for sale here as well then.

SubieEvoGuy Feb 9, 2011 07:58 AM

hey man have u ever seen this guys build? https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ersion-23.html

Alchem1st Feb 9, 2011 12:55 PM

Yeah, I know him from Mirageforums. His clone is top notch, but it's mostly stock still. I went suspension and braking first where he went looks first. That's cause he
already owns a X though haha. I doubt at this point that I'll have a 4G63 swapped in by the time MOD rolls around, but I think I can at least have the AWD system installed
and running maybe with a 4G64 or something and also I will definitely have the overall body conversion done with most of the interior finished. That won't be too hard.
We'll see what happens.

SubieEvoGuy Feb 9, 2011 01:29 PM

i got faith in you, keep it up.

Alchem1st Feb 14, 2011 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Small update. JDM factory 3 point tower brace!
Attachment 289639

Also, pulled the fog light/power mirror harness out of the dash harness and modded it into my dash harness,
so now fog lights should be plug-n-play. {thumbup} Haven't tested it yet though.

Also, don't mind the dirty bay haha. It's not nice enough outside to clean it yet! :lol:

Cloud9tribe Feb 16, 2011 11:53 AM

Hey man did not know you bought a front clip never seen it posted, on the forums.

Yeah I need tails I know. But I guess my mind is trying to stay focus on the important things on the ride.

But hey your right about the chassis not being much different. I found so many things that are made for LHD or RHD also.

Alchem1st Feb 21, 2011 06:18 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Nother smallish update. Rewired the cluster and finished wiring in the Fog/Power Mirror harness Should be all good now, but still not getting power to the fogs.
Must be missing a relay or something. All wiring is now OEM! Also got some more work done on the cut. Pics:

The tach wiring is now run through the factory connector. Got tired of wrestling with the extra wires when removing the cluster. Same with the fog indicator.
Attachment 289566

Wiring in the fog/mirror harness.
Attachment 289567

A shot of the newly wired connector under the dash.
Attachment 289568

Turbo seems a little oily? All the intake was this way with the worst part being at the turbo.
Very little shaft play though, turbo seems to be fine! Finally something good on this engine...
Attachment 289569
Attachment 289570

Almost ready to install!
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/o...y/HPIM1667.jpg

Alchem1st Feb 24, 2011 01:31 PM

Another update. I got my Evo 8 RS rear diff and have figured out exactly what I need to run it as well! Turns out it's not too hard to
get it installed on the 4 subframe. Just need to find a pair of Evo 4 RS rear axles and an Evo 8 diff hanger and mustache bar and I'll
have everything I need to mount the diff in the subframe. Gotta get an Evo 4 fuel tank and a set of custom rear upper wishbones
and I can mount the whole AWD system! :D

SubieEvoGuy Mar 11, 2011 11:07 AM

been quiet here my friend, anything new?

Alchem1st Mar 11, 2011 12:57 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Yeah, got a whole bunch of parts waiting to go in, but I'm waiting on one small part to arrive before I can install any of it and I was just informed it's backordered and
will take 3-4 weeks to arrive. :( Should have a smallish update next week though. I was gonna wait till next week and combine updates, but since you asked haha.

Installed the JDM keyring light from the half cut
Attachment 289345
Attachment 289346

Engine is out of the cut! (forklifts ftw! I love having a shop to work in!)
Attachment 289347
Attachment 289348
Attachment 289349
Attachment 289350

And a new tool
Attachment 289351

Also, separated the auto climate wiring out of the main dash harness, I but can't install it yet as I have to make custom mounts for the servos.
Attachment 289352

JDM RHD auto climate servos
Attachment 289353
Attachment 289354

Blu3Evo Mar 11, 2011 02:57 PM

this is going to be sick ive always wanted to do a project like this

Alchem1st Mar 11, 2011 03:01 PM

Do it! If you get an Evo 8 donor car, it's not really that hard of a conversion. I'm going all JDM Evo 4 so it's a bit harder plus this is still my daily driver otherwise the AWD would be in by now. :lol:

Alchem1st Mar 16, 2011 06:53 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Couple smallish updates. Engine and transmission are now separated and the
engine is on the stand ready for a rebuild when the time comes. Found a clue as
to why the engine was crankwalked and will be reusing the part! :lol: There was an
Exedy Stage 1 clutch hiding in the gearbox and it's almost new! These kinds of
clutches had a bit to do with accelerating crankwalk issues. My guess is it had the
original clutch for a very long time and when it went out the owner replaced it with
this one and the extra stress finally killed the thrust bearing. this problem is nonexistent
with newer 4G63's so I can use this clutch without worry. {thumbup} Also, got a set of din
gauges from an Evo 8 MR in and installed! (Fake cf included fo free yo! :lol:)

Attachment 289270
Attachment 289271
Attachment 289272
Attachment 289273

SubieEvoGuy Mar 16, 2011 07:02 PM

nice man, looking good