EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-23/)
-   -   Gauging Interest: Adjustable Struts for Evo 8 & 9 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/465643-gauging-interest-adjustable-struts-evo-8-9-a.html)

ChrisCarey Dec 31, 2009 04:08 PM

Thanks again for the input guys :)

Kracka Dec 31, 2009 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by MJ23FE (Post 7845296)
get these into the hands of the experienced drivers who use their cars for both track and DD. Smooth Cali roads don't count! I want to see real world feedbackl

With MAP being in Minnesota that shouldn't be a problem, they have some of the worst roads in the country!

Smike Jan 1, 2010 08:48 AM

1) Yes. Don't have an Evo right now, but yep, it would be nice to see.

2) Comparable to current offerings.

3) Adjustments that actually do make a difference ;) With shock dyno graphs. Like the idea of a threaded strut body to do some fine tuning adjustments.

JohnDoe1984 Jan 1, 2010 10:54 AM

Include some camber plates. If you did that and made them under $800 for a set everyone and their mother would buy em.

vmrevo9 Jan 1, 2010 11:17 AM

i'm not to knowledgeable on suspension adjustments and such but i think this would be a great option if it can be made. i'm on GTWorx Springs and OEM KYB struts. to have an option that are adjustable and cheaper than the bilstein HD which are pricey and non adjustable would be great. i'm subscribed to the thread and hopefully when it becomes available i can consider ordering!

turbolarry Jan 1, 2010 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisCarey (Post 7840543)
1) Would there be any interest in an adjustable option manufactured by a reputable US company?

I believe there is interest. I don't need them right now, but my car is not getting any younger. I'm keeping it long term (10yrs.+) and I keep an eye out for simple and affordable upgrades.

2) What price range do you feel would make these a worthwhile option / upgrade?

I come from DSM's so I'm on the cheap side; shocks with adjustability for $500

3) Are there any specific features you would like to see included if we move forward?

Simplicity. I want something that I can install myself and stiffens up both compression and rebound damping. It should be able to run stock and aftermarket springs, and if adjustable, able to be set without lifting the car. Something like the KYB AGX Adjustable or the Tokico Illumina 5 Way Adjustable for the DSM's

ChrisCarey Jan 6, 2010 10:16 AM

Thank you again for the suggestions guys, I will pass these along and report back!

Bassicfun Jan 6, 2010 10:28 AM

Are we thinking production (if viable) 2010? 2011? Obviously many people purchase in early spring of each year for their summer setup. Curious as to any expected timeline information basically.

ChrisCarey Jan 6, 2010 11:24 AM

I should hopefully have something later this week :)

Bassicfun Jan 8, 2010 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisCarey (Post 7861513)

That would be great! Looking forward to it.

MJ23FE Jan 8, 2010 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisCarey (Post 7861513)

It's Friday! hehe.

I can't wait to hear something and learn who the manufacturer will be. I'm very excited to see where this goes.

-Jalal

hokiruu Jan 12, 2010 08:19 AM

Back in for updates :)

ChrisCarey Jan 12, 2010 08:25 AM

They had me take some measurements yesterday (they only have stock struts to go off of at this point) hopefully I will have an update soon :)

4xforce Jan 12, 2010 08:28 AM

I will leave the suggestions to people who know what they are talking about. I certainly don't. Very interested and subscribed!!!

boozeup&riot Jan 12, 2010 08:45 AM

As someone interested in upgrading the stock kyb's, I'd just like to chime in and say the more options, the merrier. Thanks for all you guys do.