EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Midwest Region (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/midwest-region-39/)
-   -   IN/IL Evo thief finally busted! Sierra motorsports raided (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/midwest-region/623861-il-evo-thief-finally-busted-sierra-motorsports-raided.html)

Wickedwhite8 Aug 10, 2012 07:30 AM

Itll come out. I imagine its still not in the papers as the police are probaby after a few other people. Innocent till proven guilty is never the case. They are definately guilty or some of the accusations, police dont usually raid unless they have some sort of proof.

DSMpsi Aug 10, 2012 07:47 AM

Glad this guy finally got caught. Hope he rots in the system with the rest of them.

TommiM Aug 10, 2012 07:54 AM

My package will be shipped to his business so I just hope it doesn't get me involved in his mess in any way. Had this come out sooner I wouldn't have done business with him.

CurseDSM Aug 10, 2012 07:56 AM

I just hope all of you who did buy or do business with him don't get busted for not knowing. Buying stolen goods is illeagal even if you don't know there stolen :(

AlwaysinBoost Aug 10, 2012 08:05 AM

LOL at everyone jumping to conclusions before they know the facts. Not saying there wasn't anything shady going on, I'm just saying...

Also, IF there was a chop shop going on I will bet money there are other shops involved in this 'ring'... more than likely those shops are on the east and west coast, so IF this is what it appears to be then its much bigger than just Sierra.

chu Aug 10, 2012 08:07 AM

All I know is, my motor better come in or money get refunded.

Landpuma Aug 10, 2012 08:27 AM

WOW, I was driving home from work and seen them raiding the place and putting people in handcuffs. I live like 5 min down the street. and just last week one of my buddies was like "hey I heard that's a chop shop and i was like nahh no way right on 41 that would be stupid well....... lol. wen there one time and nothing but EVO parts just laying all over the place kinda makes sense now.

bustaone Aug 10, 2012 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by chu (Post 10332914)
All I know is, my motor better come in or money get refunded.

Ouch.

SCREAM8 Aug 10, 2012 08:33 AM

I am extremely happy these got busted. Unfortunately, I think there is more involved than just this shop. From what it seems like he was slinging the stolen parts. From people that used to work there or knew people that worked there all claimed legit business went down at that locatoin.

So either he was receiving the stolen stuff and reselling or these people are mistaken and he had another location where they were tearing into these EVOs.

The guy looks like a spineless dirtwad, my guess is he'll squeal like a pig, spilling all of the information once he's locked up. The funny thing is, auto-theft around the Chicago area is definitely not taken lightly, so any information he gives will probably not help him too much.

I do know that if he ever shows his head around any sort of car meet again, he'll get a rather warm welcoming from the community. Lets just hope he's locked up for a loooooong time.

chu Aug 10, 2012 08:34 AM

They had a VISA merchant account and were able to process credit and debit cards. So there are some legality to their business. Its a shame really.

Live4Redline Aug 10, 2012 08:42 AM

This guy has sold crap loads of parts for a short while here on EvoM. I guess that explains where he got his surplus.

If I remember correctly he even stopped using PayPal at some point durring all of it.

Very sad if he's guilty.

Acree Aug 10, 2012 09:28 AM

Can someone point me to a thread of what happened with these guys? What's the story?

-Acree

AngryEvo8 Aug 10, 2012 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost (Post 10332906)

Also, IF there was a chop shop going on I will bet money there are other shops involved in this 'ring'... more than likely those shops are on the east and west coast, so IF this is what it appears to be then its much bigger than just Sierra.

THIS- ...still be alert ppl.

Live4Redline Aug 10, 2012 09:54 AM

Im always in the Parts threads and this guy sold a lot of stuff. I feel bad for the cars for one but also for the guys who have money out right now on parts they will never recieve and money that will never be refunded.

Off the top of my head I can name one other Evo used parts dealer I've suspected for a long while now. Talk to these guys in person one time and you know somethings up. I won't name names in the open though, have never gotten any proof.

FLOW1 Aug 10, 2012 10:22 AM

Damn...finally and I almost bought a WW evo 8 from him ....good thing I didn't.