EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Project Cars / Build Threads (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/project-cars-build-threads-344/)
-   -   05 Evo 8 daily, autocross car. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/project-cars-build-threads/687258-05-evo-8-daily-autocross-car.html)

MinusPrevious Aug 30, 2018 03:14 PM

Waiting impatiently:dunno:. How long is this project supposed to take?;)

LetsGetThisDone Aug 30, 2018 03:19 PM

I have a 3 day weekend, so we'll see what kinda magic I can make happen.

kyoo Aug 31, 2018 07:18 AM

let's get er done man!

LetsGetThisDone Aug 31, 2018 11:35 AM

Pulling the barb out of the valve cover for the drive/front vent last night, it broke. So, I pulled the valve cover back off and started the process of removing the baffels and drilling/tapping the rivets. That process pretty much sucks.

LetsGetThisDone Sep 1, 2018 07:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Oil pan on, valve cover fixed and back on, and ARP stainless EM hardware in (removed junky stock studs) and FP manifold on.

2 bolt holes stripped for the baffles in the valve cover. Those two holes the drill bit chattered a lot for some reason, so I have a feeling they were oversized and the threads just weren't strong enough. All the others torqued to 60in/lbs just fine which is perfect for an M5 bolt. With the lock washer and red loctite, I'm confident they're not going anywhere. :)

LetsGetThisDone Sep 4, 2018 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Almost there. Ordering a couple of misc parts today and then I'll be putting it in this weekend.

Abacus Sep 4, 2018 03:42 PM

Looks good Sean!

LetsGetThisDone Sep 5, 2018 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Glad I decided to clean my injectors since they'd been sitting for 7 months.

Kevin Troy Sep 6, 2018 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone (Post 11837707)
Almost there. Ordering a couple of misc parts today and then I'll be putting it in this weekend.

Looks good.
I also ordered the purple restrictor. Let us know what is the pressure between the restrictor and turbo.
I was told from Amber at FP that the BB turbos live well with 5PSI of oil pressure.

LetsGetThisDone Sep 6, 2018 07:00 AM

That's weird. Robert has told me they need 10psi under load.

Ayoustin Sep 6, 2018 07:40 PM

Still kinda blows my mind that after all the issues FP has had with over-oiling their BB stuff that they haven't put integrated restrictors into the center housing like pretty much every other turbo manufacturer does nowadays.

LetsGetThisDone Sep 6, 2018 08:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ready to stab this sum***** tomorrow after work.

Pal215 Sep 7, 2018 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone (Post 11838089)
Ready to stab this sum***** tomorrow after work.

Today's the day and I would be so excited at work that it would kill me. That engine could be started tonight. Home stretch Sean!

LetsGetThisDone Sep 7, 2018 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pal215
Today's the day and I would be so excited at work that it would kill me. That engine could be started tonight. Home stretch Sean!

Start up tomorrow. I have a a few things still to do. Replace oil cooler and lines, install and plumb STM sealed catch can, etc..

MinusPrevious Sep 7, 2018 04:46 PM

Well done Sean. Great project thread!!!

Gotta do a YT Vid of the idle, soon!!!
:beer: