EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Announcements (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-announcements-235/)
-   -   Order Your Ball Bearing FP Turbos Here at Spec-Ops (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-announcements/571352-order-your-ball-bearing-fp-turbos-here-spec-ops.html)

wizzo 8 Aug 24, 2011 11:02 PM

So no pricing to upgrade to bb yet? I would definitely be interested

Mikey@Spec-Ops Aug 25, 2011 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by tsidrift1 (Post 9557644)
So does this mean you wont really need all the other crap fp recommended with the old black? The $250 oil feed, the $200 hla, or the $300 baffled oil pan? I mean, yes, these are nice to have, but its what kept me from going with a black. All the other things you were suggested to run for longevity.

I know bb turbos are much less picky on oil and dont need the pressure that a journal bearing does. So, for the bb fp turbos, are we feeding from the head now then? Is there a must to use the special oils, like before with the old black?

Yes and No. Those mods are still a good thing to have to help keep oil flow to the turbo and rod/main bearings. I think the HLA will suffice. I sell the HLA with all motor builds and turbo upgrades. I have yet to have a customer lose a turbo or a motor. I would like to think the HLA helps in that.

For oil, you will still want to use a oil that is high in phos/zinc. That is not just for the turbo but for your motor too. We are now only running AmsOil Z-Rod in our cars.

Originally Posted by miragevo (Post 9557705)
Does the new ball bearing FP Black need the new oil feed line? Don't ball bearing turbos use less oil pressure therefore allowing it to be fed from the stock oil feed line?

The BB Green doesn't come with the oil feed line. The Red/Black like normal will comes with the oil feed line. The oil filter housing has better control over oil pressure than the head and the head only supply's around 40psi of oil pressure to the turbo.

Originally Posted by wizzo 8 (Post 9557817)
So no pricing to upgrade to bb yet? I would definitely be interested

Not yet. Very soon though. I am thinking Robert will have the prices for me by tomorrow.

Originally Posted by ct9asilver (Post 9557341)
Will the newer HTA 71 also be available in BB?

Yes, all FP turbos will now have the new BB center sections. ;)

Sorry for the late responses, it has been a crazy day.

Mikey

-Evo Aaron- Aug 26, 2011 02:26 AM

Ive been drooling over this since i heard about it a week ago

apagan01 Aug 26, 2011 05:34 AM

sweet, this thing looks promising.

analogEvo Aug 26, 2011 07:28 AM

glad i waited.cant wait for a BB red.hope to hear about ix turbo upgrades soon

vboy425 Aug 26, 2011 07:32 AM

any dyno test FP black journal bearing Vs Ball bearing ?

Go_Lancer_Go Aug 26, 2011 09:13 AM

DUDE!! I JUST bought a FP Red, if i knew about this i would held off :( This sucks!!

Mikey@Spec-Ops Aug 29, 2011 12:55 PM

bump for some of the best turbos available to the community. Get your orders in NOW

Mikey

analogEvo Aug 29, 2011 01:46 PM

i see on the fp website the reds are ball bearing now .2499$ same price as black bb.i am guessing it spools like the the regular hta green?

RSMike Aug 29, 2011 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by analogEvo (Post 9568338)
i see on the fp website the reds are ball bearing now .2499$ same price as black bb.i am guessing it spools like the the regular hta green?

Boost Threshold of the turbo's "should" be the same as the design of the compressor and exhaust wheels are the same.

However the transient response (i.e Lag) should be much improved

kyoo Aug 29, 2011 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey@Spec-Ops (Post 9560085)
Yes and No. Those mods are still a good thing to have to help keep oil flow to the turbo and rod/main bearings. I think the HLA will suffice. I sell the HLA with all motor builds and turbo upgrades. I have yet to have a customer lose a turbo or a motor. I would like to think the HLA helps in that.

For oil, you will still want to use a oil that is high in phos/zinc. That is not just for the turbo but for your motor too. We are now only running AmsOil Z-Rod in our cars.

The BB Green doesn't come with the oil feed line. The Red/Black like normal will comes with the oil feed line. The oil filter housing has better control over oil pressure than the head and the head only supply's around 40psi of oil pressure to the turbo.

Not yet. Very soon though. I am thinking Robert will have the prices for me by tomorrow.

Yes, all FP turbos will now have the new BB center sections. ;)

Sorry for the late responses, it has been a crazy day.

Mikey

so if you're planning to run a BB green you won't need anything extra other than the turbo? forgive me, what's an HLA? and will amsoil's signature series 5w30 be okay to run? theoretically all that changes is that it will run smoother in cold, but protect the same as 10w30 correct?

Mikey@Spec-Ops Aug 29, 2011 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by RSMike (Post 9568356)
Boost Threshold of the turbo's "should" be the same as the design of the compressor and exhaust wheels are the same.

However the transient response (i.e Lag) should be much improved

That is correct, thank you Mike.

I wouldn't say the BB Red will spool like the Green because it wont... Spool won't change much with the BB cartridge. transient response will be different, like night and day.

I didn't see much of a differenct in spool between the BB Black and std Black.

Originally Posted by kyoo (Post 9568440)
so if you're planning to run a BB green you won't need anything extra other than the turbo? forgive me, what's an HLA? and will amsoil's signature series 5w30 be okay to run? theoretically all that changes is that it will run smoother in cold, but protect the same as 10w30 correct?

Just do happens that here is a Thread that Mike started asking about the HLA. There is a lot of good info in there and I made a few posts too (BLKCarbonEVO). Take the time to read through it.

Yes the 5w30 will be fine. That is what I ran in my car.

Mikey

kyoo Aug 29, 2011 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey@Spec-Ops (Post 9568518)

I wouldn't say the BB Red will spool like the Green because it wont... Spool won't change much with the BB cartridge. transient response will be different, like night and day.

Just do happens that here is a Thread that Mike started asking about the HLA. There is a lot of good info in there and I made a few posts too (BLKCarbonEVO). Take the time to read through it.

Yes the 5w30 will be fine. That is what I ran in my car.

Mikey

thanks, read up on the HLA and i am sold - seems like an excellent way of extending the life of the turbo - that on top of these new ball bearing turbos + the testing Robert has done that you mentioned in the first post, these new turbos should last quite a while.

tsidrift1 Aug 29, 2011 04:40 PM

I want pricing for the hta green bb upgrade!!!! :D

PKEVO8 Aug 29, 2011 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey@Spec-Ops (Post 9568518)

Mikey

This looks awesome, but I'd really like to see how the HKS GTII 7460r stacks up compared to the bb fp green/red.

If spool characteristics from jb to bb do not change, then I may still end up going with the HKS unit as it looks to make more instant power and hold torque like a monster.