Notices
Private 'Evo 1 - 9' For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.
Mark this thread as Unsold

GROUP BUY: Gauge Panel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2004, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GB FEELER: Upper Din Gauge Panel

I am trying to work out a deal with a guy for a gauge panel. The panel will be for the upper din for those of you who relocated the radio down to the lower din with the relocation kit. This will be mostly of interest to EVO owners and turbo Lancers who want gauges near eye level, without being very noticable to those outside of the car. The email I received is below.

If we only made one it'd probably run you nearly 60 dollars (the machining setup fees can be murder). But if you get one other person to do it we can probably cut the price down to about 45... and get a couple more people (5 or more) and we can hold the price to 40 bucks I'd assume (I have to check material costs).

It's been a little while since I dealt with the lancer stereo setup... I'd have to have you get me a number of measurements, but I can easily make the plate with tabs that would bend back, or go out to the sides and hit the poitns where the stereo normally screws in. I can do whatever positioning and sizing you want. Turnaround time is about two weeks after we complete the drawings/models of what you want.

Hope that answers your questions! We can do it in plastic, stainless, or aluminum. Just have to let me know your preferred choice. Polishing would be about 25 extra... but I can instruct you on how to do it yourself and it'd only take about 40 minutes to get it to a mirror finish.
I'll start the list:

52mm Panel
1. livelyjay
2. badlooser
3. 03RallyLancer
4. Viciouz
5. juyanith
6. netmand
7. Sentinal
8. ob4
9. ScLncerboy
10. twinkiemobile
11. alex_alex
12. spydervenm
13. deekay247
14. ODB4G63
15. WINSTON

60mm Panel
Won't work, DIN is only 54mm tall.

Post here, PM me, or email this guy directly at steve@nsnmotorsports.com for more information.

Last edited by livelyjay; Dec 23, 2004 at 10:42 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Oh, forgot to mention, I initially asked for a panel for 3, 52mm gauges. I'm sure there is the possibility for 60mm as well. Maybe they could get two runs in if there is enough interest. Once the overall design is done, all that's left is cutting the circles. I can't see that being too difficult.

This may fall through if I find another company that produces a panel already.

Last edited by livelyjay; Oct 25, 2004 at 12:47 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 12:49 PM

Would be interested in a 60mm if you can get a little more info for us......Are you talking something similar to the craig hardy panel with the triple guage setup?
Old Oct 25, 2004, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want a 52mm panel......
Old Oct 25, 2004, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

It's not exactly like the CH panel. The CH replaces the entire AC control panel. This would be a din insert, that would fit in the open square, with a cutout for three gauges. Pretty simple, and I know a few companies offer plastic panels, just wanted to see if someone could make one a little more durable.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODB4G63
Would be interested in a 60mm if you can get a little more info for us......Are you talking something similar to the craig hardy panel with the triple guage setup?
60mm might not even be possible with a din panel. The CH panel can accomplish this because it's a mold, and not a seperate panel. I'll check measurements tonight when I get home to see if it's even possible.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

if this is just a feeler and not a definite will buy... im interested in the 52
Old Oct 25, 2004, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

i am interested in the 52, but i wanna c how they look first
Old Oct 25, 2004, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

I want to see how they look I might be interested as well
Old Oct 26, 2004, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

*Update*

The guy gave me some preliminary drawings of the gauge panel. He's pricing it out for 16 and 18 gauge metals and also mentioned the a complete gauge solution would also be available (gauges, senders, wiring, etc). The pictures is attached below.
We can easily get it so that the bends are pretty tight and the corners would be invisble or tig welded. It will have a slightly rounded look at the seams, but I think it would look fine... here is the image of the other design I was thinking of... maybe it helps it make more sense. It is possible to get some very tight bends in 18 gauge stainless... and because of the flanging that I did on the structure it will be very rigid. I sent the drawings in to get quotes already.... so we'll see!

Thanks,

Steve
Attached Thumbnails GROUP BUY:  Gauge Panel-gauge3.jpg  
Old Oct 26, 2004, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Cool

I would be interested depending on how it looks of course. This is very similar to a panel offered by 42nd Draft Designs (picture). However, what I don't like about that one is that is sticks out above the opening. If the new one you're working on would sit flush, I'd be interested.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Exactly. I have considered buying the 42DD panel more than once, but not being flush mount and not knowing how it mounts period stops me every time. Steve plans on getting this to be flush mounted, nice and snug in the upper din, with tabs to mount it to the stock radio screws. I'm going to get measurements for him by the end of the week so he can start the official design. I'll take each measurement 5 times to make sure I get it right.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

<--- interested
Old Oct 26, 2004, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Updated the list and the title since this is a feeler for now, but will more than likely turn into a group buy judging by the constant communication with the company and what a gather is a decent passion for making a decent aftermarket product. Here is the latest email:
Jason, I can probably convince the shop I use to give me a first piece sample so we could fit it and check it. Trust me in that I'm **** and very specific about appearance of things and I won't accept crappy fitment or ugly corners... I'll do what I can to make them as impressive as possible while keeping the costs down as well. Try to be as tight as possible with those measurements as that will determine our fit on the part. But I understand it can be a pain! I wish I still had my Lancer as that would make it a lot easier.

I'll push this as fast as I can for you.

Later!

Steve
Old Oct 27, 2004, 01:16 AM
Evolving Member

I am interested in the 60mm if it's possible.

Quick Reply: GROUP BUY: Gauge Panel