Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!

Pics of new parts on pages 17,18,21. Shep Rear Diff, Turbo kit parts Ceramic coated, PTE 67/66 More updates to come shortly!
Start up video on page 24. Not the best quality but will have more updates and pictures soon!

PAGE 32, JUST GOT BACK FROM THE DYNO CAR MADE 850.7WHP ON THE MUSTANG DYNO. 43-44PSI CAR HAD MORE ROOM IN IT TO GO BUT DECIDED TO STOP. TRACK TIME!

DROPPED OF THE CAR AT THE CHASSIS SHOP ON 4-16. WILL BE DONE THE NEXT WEEK THEN BACK TO PAINT THE INTERIOR GLOSS BLACK. 10 POINT CAGE WITH SHUTE MOUNT. MORE TO COME SHORTLY!

Page 38 is pics of 12-point certified 8.50 cage. Painting of interior and cage to come this weekend and next week. Also quick pic of my 24.5" Slicks M/H

MORE PICS ON PAGES 39 AND 4O!! STAY TUNED FOR MORE

6/8/12 8.98@167.8mph 1.41 60ft!!

Hey Everyone,

Well were making it to 2012. It is right around the corner and i think its time to make a new thread for me and the Junk box. My name is Joey and i own a TB Evo 9 name the "Junk Box" For some who has never seen my car or threads lately the car has gone 9.13@ 157 with the best MPH of 163.9 on a High compression 2.0 FF 6765 setup! Through the course of the 2011 season i have had some major bumps in the road. A lot of set backs with the car that limited me track days. But over the last month or so i was out almost every other weekend shooting for my goal of a 8 sec pass. Although i did not get the 8 sec pass, im glad the car stayed solid and was consistent. I know the car has a 8 sec pass in her the way it sits, but i simply ran out of time.

Now 2012 is approaching us and I am ready to be out in April! For the lat month I am taking an easy and simply enjoying the car on the street. It is a lot of fun on the street and the car drives very smooth. I am going to make a few changes to the car over the winter. Nothing too crazy but changes that i believe will help me more to achieve my 8 sec pass.

THINGS THAT ARE GOING TO BE CHANGED ON THE CAR FOR NEXT SEASON:

- Sending in my 67/65 to precision to get it converted to the 67/66
- Sending my STOCK diff in to shep to get that treatment
- Re-fresh my trans with the 4.11 gearing/Fresh clutch
- 10 Point Chromale cage with Shute mount
- Ditching the stock recaro seat for a sparco or NRG carbon seat
- Carbon Fiber trunk
- FF Mani Ceramic Coated along with the hotside.
- Fresh pads for Front brakes.
-Carbon Fiber Trunk.

There might be a couple small things i am leaving out but that is pretty much it. Last season was a expensive year so the beginning of the season i hope everything stays smooth and I can get that 8 sec pass. I am starting the process in a couple weeks. I want the car running for Thanksgiving. I have family and friends that are coming over and never seen the car. I might have to give some of them some rides to show them what the Junk box can really do haha

My buddy Jason (AngryEvo8) is coming by in a couple weeks to help me pull the diff and were going to take off the turbo kit off as well. Should be fun and im looking forward to getting the diff out ASAP. Were planning the Saturday after thanksgiving. If not it will be the following weekend.

2011 Season was a blast. I have to Thank Devin @ Boostin performance for his help and hard work on the car. The motor is solid and ready to rock out in the spring! Quarter Master for a great clutch! Spark Tech ignitions for a great ignition system! Toxic Fab for the awesome FF mani! Chicago motor cars and all my friends that helped me out this year.

2012 is going to be epic. My goal is to come out in April and have that 8 sec pass right away. I am already itching to get back out there. But we have awhile haha. I am going to update this thread all the time. My other thread i am going to link this one so everyone knows where to go for updates and such. Below i will post some pics and videos from this season. Stay tuned for more!!

9.13@ 157 Pass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9M499l2C78

163.9 MPH Pass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNw98...eature=related

Heres another 9.1 pass followed by 1 more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS7y18fEg1c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8hrDPKZ6x0

There are a couple more videos out there that i have if anyone wants to see more.

Here are some recent pics of the Junk Box!

On the CCWs for the Street:

Last edited by Evosick2332; Jun 11, 2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice write-up homie. JDM rear?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dtrackstar
Nice write-up homie. JDM rear?
Thanks Bud! Yea thats on the list also. That will be one of the last things.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:16 AM
Account Disabled

You need to at least run an 8 sec. pass before selling it like you posted on Facebook! haha...Good luck next year man, can't wait to see what the car does!!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
You need to at least run an 8 sec. pass before selling it like you posted on Facebook! haha...Good luck next year man, can't wait to see what the car does!!
Lol that is a must. Run 8s before i do anything. Idk what i was thinking. I think i was in depression because it was crappy out and i couldnt drive the car and the thought of not driving it for 5 months hit me haha. Na im keeping her and going to finish the goals i have and simply enjoy it next season. Thanks Bud! Updates to come shortly
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking forward to following this car! Hey, what does it weigh without driver?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And people say there's no replacement for displacement...
Wicked launches dude. I'm moving to a different state so I can have a fast car.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurboTravis
Looking forward to following this car! Hey, what does it weigh without driver?
Thanks Man! Car weighs 2605 without me in it.

Originally Posted by NeedBoost!
And people say there's no replacement for displacement...
Wicked launches dude. I'm moving to a different state so I can have a fast car.
Thanks brotha! Cant wait to launch the car again in the spring lol. I see your in SoCal. If you move, dont move to a Cold climate you will hate it haha.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Nice write up Joey! This year was rough no doubt. You took the car to a whole nother level. 9.1...163mph traps is definitely knocking on the door of that 8 second pass! Can't wait to for next year and to change that STOCK rear diff
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Keep doing work Joey...cough seats might be mine I'm not totally sure on that yet...
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
Nice write up Joey! This year was rough no doubt. You took the car to a whole nother level. 9.1...163mph traps is definitely knocking on the door of that 8 second pass! Can't wait to for next year and to change that STOCK rear diff
Thanks Jason for the kind words! It def was a rough start last year to my season but towards the end it worked out and saw positive out of it. Im confident the car will hit that 8 sec mark in the spring. I am close! I cant wait either, time for us to get our cars ready for spring 2012
Old Nov 16, 2011, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Good luck man I've been watching your build threads since you had the fp black.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by s.e.a.n.
Good luck man I've been watching your build threads since you had the fp black.
Thank you sirr!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Here another pic of me launching at the Shootout. This was on the Mivec Head when i was having issues there. But still had a great time!

Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Add 24.5" slicks to that list of yours for the 4.11

2012 will be a good I know it.

Car looks great as always!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo 2012 Build!!!!