Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Canadian beast build in the making!! BR POWER 2.3rpm ETS TS HTA3586! LOTS OF PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lexus01IS
Looks like build is starting to come together. Good Luck
Thank you
Ya finally I can actually get some progress going now!
just installed the br double pumper, will post pics later
Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

When a engine build takes longer then expected... why not just go ***** to the wall on suspension?

Apexi s1s (last set in the states =)
Major thanks to Brian at Echelon Autosports for hooking me up with all the parts in this post!! No one gave me a better deal than this guys!!! Would have bought way more parts from them if I only knew sooner

Agency power control arms

Whiteline bushings... everything!!!

Damn this car is no longer going to be what I remember it to be LMAO
Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Dropping the 6 speed and pre-paring for the 5 speed swap...

Went with the works grab knob

Always have to go with ts

Make sure the rear diff is solid with my already installed BR rear mustache bar and no my BR side diff supports with urethane inserts

AWD Aluminum driveshaft... last minute buy through BR

Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

Hahahahaha yesssss chriss

3 great models of the Evo gonna be running around town soon 8,9,and my 10

Keep the pics coming, and if your gf was in bikini helping out your one lucky sobbbb haha!

Next cruise we go on were gonna be epicly ahead of those other guys , can't wait for snake road!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Widoww
Hahahahaha yesssss chriss

3 great models of the Evo gonna be running around town soon 8,9,and my 10

Keep the pics coming, and if your gf was in bikini helping out your one lucky sobbbb haha!

Next cruise we go on were gonna be epicly ahead of those other guys , can't wait for snake road!
Definently lots more pics to come
I hope we are all running this year... Especially cause mine will be parked for winter...
This weekend im going to try and get her to put on her bikini and then give her some tools... Ill then sit back with a beer like a boss lmao
Lol derek we will have to create our own cruise those roads are going to be awsome with our new builds!!!!!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Milton and Hamilton have a "nurburing" technically that we can drive. My town outskirts have some of the most ridiculous corners, drop offs and off camber roads . They use them for those super car cruises (viper, gtr, lamborghini,vette n Ferrari) I was thinking toss on some go pros n drive the "track" thru the day to get a video of it. And then take the evo thru at night. Hamilton also has a good "track" of roads but not as many so called "outs" lol

Hope mines ready to I have to park this winter it's a must. Car has a winter curse on it. Last year hit n run, this year blown engine lol.

Btw get your girl those "got azz" shorts n toss em on her for motivational purposes. And reading material

And get David to post a build thread. Am sure many people wanna know how a 500+ pump gas Evo runs the streets daily for a few years now.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Widoww
Milton and Hamilton have a "nurburing" technically that we can drive. My town outskirts have some of the most ridiculous corners, drop offs and off camber roads . They use them for those super car cruises (viper, gtr, lamborghini,vette n Ferrari) I was thinking toss on some go pros n drive the "track" thru the day to get a video of it. And then take the evo thru at night. Hamilton also has a good "track" of roads but not as many so called "outs" lol

Hope mines ready to I have to park this winter it's a must. Car has a winter curse on it. Last year hit n run, this year blown engine lol.

Btw get your girl those "got azz" shorts n toss em on her for motivational purposes. And reading material

And get David to post a build thread. Am sure many people wanna know how a 500+ pump gas Evo runs the streets daily for a few years now.
Well at least I have more motivation to finish asap... I want to "cruise" those roads with you and david when our builds are done

winter curse lmao

those got azz shorts are bomb... I definently want to dress her up in those =) epic motivation... Babe i dropped a wrench.. Can you pick it up please... Oh look at the another one feel lmao i definetly.would get lots of work done.. Under her hood not the evo

i have been breaking davids ***** about getting a build thread for a long time... One day it will appear on evom... One day...
Old Jul 22, 2012, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

BR double pumper install

Swapped everything over from oem unit

Install time

The hardest part was running the y-line from the top to the bottom, put a latex glove finger over the line to ensure no dirt could get in the line... took some patience and a beer break, but its all in

in line fuel filter.. dont mind the mess.. my car was under coated to no end... I will be cleaning it all off.. but thats another project..

Had to bend the stock line to ensure the line was not pinched at all.. can be seen on the left side of the pic

Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Turbo install pics

Centre section of turbo was not aligned (i.e the oil drain line was towards the intake manifold) Pain in the *** to align everything just right and still be able to tighten the turbine cover bolts

But I got it done... waste of a good night

DEI Turbo blanket and Tial wastegates installed

Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Saturday morning I removed all body panels on the front end

Even lowered 1" from stock.. without side skirts, she still looks like a monster truck

Last moment the stock engine ran... transplant begins

And up she goes

Radiator outro

What a mess

Ac is outro for good!!!

^^^ you dont realize how much that ac stuff weighs..but its a good chunk of weight

Strip her down some more

More updates to come now that tear down has commenced
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Nice build bro best of luck !!!!
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JaYr_EvO9
Nice build bro best of luck !!!!
Thank you

Luckily for the first weekend of hard work on the car, I got ALOT done
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:58 AM

Awesome build man! Hope I see it rolling around when it's done if I'm lucky. FF turbo setup would have looked so badass with the red housing.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My god did you won at the lottery? So much money invested in so little time hahaha!
Very interesting build... suscribed
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SoulTea
Awesome build man! Hope I see it rolling around when it's done if I'm lucky. FF turbo setup would have looked so badass with the red housing.
Thanks Im sure if you will either hear me or see me around lol
Ya red housing forward facing would have been complete cream.. in... my ... pants lmao

Originally Posted by domyz
My god did you won at the lottery? So much money invested in so little time hahaha!
Very interesting build... suscribed
No lottery win, although that would have been awsome... I have just been saving up for this for 3 years and budget got blown to pieces... so I said **** it, might as well go all out
Ya alot of money invested, thats forsure kinda depressing

Last edited by foxbear2277; Jul 24, 2012 at 06:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Canadian beast build in the making!! BR POWER 2.3rpm ETS TS HTA3586! LOTS OF PICS!!!