Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Don's Evo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Don's Evo

The History Of My EVO IX + My Experience with Buschur Racing.

At the age of fifty seven, you are probably wondering why an individual of that age would desire an Evo. I have been an Automotive Instructor at a Vocational School for the majority of my career until I retired recently. I have had many fast motorcycles and a few fast cars in my day. I recently sold my last muscle car. [ 1970 AAR Cuda 340 Six Pack ] Although I never planned to acquire another muscle car then alone desire to get involved in a large build such as this Evo. I have always had a good relationship with my students and looked forward to waking up in the morning to report to work. I was a hands on teacher and had many of my toys in the shop to be worked on often. I guess I am just a big kid and never lost interest in motorized toys. One day during the 2006, 2007 school year, one of my students makes a comment about my AAR Cuda picture on the bulletin board. He remarks, "you should get a STI or an Evo" I told him that I know what an STI is, but I never heard of an Evo. So he proceeds, along with several other students to show me a few videos on a website called Streetfire. They were Evo's beating big V8's. I found that interesting. For the rest of the school year my students continued to brainwash me into buying an Evo. The one movie that put me over the top was the Top Gear video. [ Evo verses a Lambrogini ] We are now at the end of the school year and I wonder into the local Mitsubishi dealer and ask if they have any in stock. I did not realize they did not make a 2007 Evo. I got lucky and they had a 2006 MR with the SE package. I bought the last one in the area, I was very lucky to get one and I even liked the color.

I acquired this car to build it into a vehicle that could be driven as comfortably and be as reliable as it was when it was stock. I also had a goal that I would be able to be quicker then all of my buddies cars. Now remember I am an older gentleman so my circle of friends are also getting up there in age. Most can afford whatever they desire. Just to name a few, Dodge Viper, Old School Mopar 440 and Hemi Muscle, Recent Camaro's, Corvettes, and Mustangs.

So after only driving it three times for a grand total of 179 Miles, it was time to find a company that I could trust with their knowledge base and be able to supply all the components to build my new toy. Thank God for the Internet, it was my connection to the Evo Performance World.
I spent a few months on EvoM.net and quickly realized there was only a few shops that I would trust with my hard earned money. I admire Integrity in an individual and a business that has the knowledge and sells what works. Buschur Racing stood out above the rest. I chose Buschur Racing because I admired the hard work and many years of development this company has so willingly shared with the community. Through my dealings with David Buschur and all his employees, I have found a company that above all else has INTEGRITY that has shown throughout my entire build. They have a no bullxxxx attitude and will not waste your time and money on products that have not been tested in house. Not once was I ever treated like I was a pain in the axx. Believe me, I had lots of questions and they always steered me in the right direction. I would highly recommend them.

My Evo has been done for several years. All it needed was for me to make the trip to Buschur Racing in Ohio to be tuned. I was coming towards the end of my career and was working very long hours. [ Evening classes with the bad kids. They were not bad for me. Ha Ha ] I also was having some health issues and family problems to top it off. The car was pushed aside and stored in a dry warm building until my world became more peaceful. My trip to Buschur Racing for the tune was a great experience and I was treated like family. The car turned out great. I hope you enjoyed my little story. Below is a link to a thread David Buschur started about my Evo and a few pictures for your enjoyment.

Thank you for reading, Don

Link to Buschur Racings Thread on my Evo

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...189-miles.html

Arriving at Buschur Racing

Ready To Hit The Road

Patiently Waiting For A Tune

Ready To Drop In

Buschur 2.3 Block

And More

More Buschur Goodies

Some Buschur Goodies

A turbo bike I built in 1988. It broke 150 MPH in the quarter over twenty four years ago.

Last edited by Roadrunr; Dec 10, 2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking good Don.......
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

absoulutly incredible
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What are your buddy's impressions now?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

amazing, enjoy it as much as you can thanx for sharing this story with us.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sick EVO man I wish mine had that low of miles on it lol. Definitely the lowest mile EVO around im sure.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
Awesome build! Can't go wrong with BR, great choice!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice write up and clean evo
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

I've never seen so many parts on one table! Awesome build man.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Beautiful Evo and super clean build. Wow lucky guy Don.
Love the parts on the table
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Incredible. Thank you for sharing.
More pictures!!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Beautiful build, man.

More importantly, I've been riding Trevorton for years, along with the Weatherly hills, the Moon, Eckley, Hazleton, Ashland, etc.

I've probably seen you out riding! I ride a KTM 525 XC.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome build! Great looking car
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Your story is inspiring to us all. The main reason is your ability to be so open to other ideas. You're ability to understand the voice of young ones and actually taking the bite and enjoying it means you must be one hell of a teacher, father, and/or father figure for kids. I hope you enjoy the evo to it's fullest potential. I wish you the best of luck. Way to go Don.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Had to log in to say that's awesome! Thank you for sharing. Sold a 70 AAR 'Cuda?! Can you please post pictures? Thanks in advance and nice nice Evo!

Last edited by kpt6; Dec 12, 2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Proofread fail

Quick Reply: Don's Evo