Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Just Another Junk Box Build Drag Car Style!!

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2013, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evosick2332
First Pass- Came out pretty good, 3rd gear the car got loose on me, let off then got back in it and coasted to a 10.20@111mph.
Let off for a 10.2@111 LOL

Good **** bro, excited to see you bust your PR.
Old May 21, 2013, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
This is just awesome, looking forward to seeing the results - really 167mph was already a bit special
Old May 21, 2013, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Thanks guys!. 167 was def flying but I plan on trapping 170 this season at some point. That's one of my goals.

I got back from Boostin a little bit ago and got some great news! We got the AEM Boost solenoid to work so were back in business. No more manual boost controller. I can't wait till this weekend at the IDRC. I am heading out Friday at noon
Old May 22, 2013, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Here's the video of my 9.10@159mph pass. The clocks were off due to the EVO next to me having clocks off. Car was down a little bit on boost here. I was pretty happy with the results for my first full pass of the season getting used to the car and trans.

We got the AEM Boost solenoid working now, I'm stoked to get back out to the track this weekend at the IDRC

Old May 22, 2013, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
best of luck man. lets see some vids.

10.2 LOL i do that trying my hardest. WTF. lol. nice work
Old May 22, 2013, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
best of luck man. lets see some vids.

10.2 LOL i do that trying my hardest. WTF. lol. nice work
Lol thanks man! Ill have every pass on video along with some GoPro videos. Ill try to keep this updated out there along with Facebook
Old May 23, 2013, 07:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Not bad at all for the first pass.
A little honing, and I see competition!

Congrats.
Old May 23, 2013, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by STM Tuned
Not bad at all for the first pass.
A little honing, and I see competition!

Congrats.
Thanks guys! We got the Boost Solenoid working the other night and this weekend we plan to turn up the wick. I see some new Personal bests this weekend there. Or at least I hope haha
Old May 24, 2013, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Good luck out there
Old May 24, 2013, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Jerry!

We got in a couple hours ago and already hit up the Mexican restaurant across the street lol. Good stuff. Ill see everyone tomorrow and Sunday who's going to be there. Ill try to keep everyone updated
Old May 25, 2013, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Aww lucky! I cant wait till shootout so I can go back there. Very good food and drinks there
Old May 27, 2013, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

I had a great time this weekend in Ohio at the IDRC event. I met some new people, and was able to put some faces to screen names on here. The Boostin crew and I got in around 7:00PM on Friday. We ate 2 nights in a row at Casa Fiesta. That place is so good lol. Friday night we saw Fast/Furious 6. After I got out of the movie, I was contacted and was told D SPORT magazine wants to shoot my car and give me a feature in there magazine which was awesome news

We did the shoot Saturday morning early at a great location. I've always wanted my car to be in a magazine and D SPORT was right on my list. It's an honor to be apart of it and were looking forward to the feature After the Shoot, we went over to Buschur for the Dyno day/open house. We were there for awhile then left early.

Sunday Race Day:

We got to the track early right when they opened and I started to get everything ready. I check the tire pressure, went over a few things, tech the car in, and made my first pass.

First pass off the trailer- Car went 9.01@159MPH. It was great to make such a solid first pass for the day.

Second pass of the day- Car went 8.96@162mph. I set a new personal best with the car on the second pass of the day. I was really happy, especially to do it out there was great.

I let the car cool off for awhile, we had some time before the 3rd qualifying run. I did a burn out. My 60fts were off a little bit, my slicks are brand new, and I was trying to wear them in.

Third pass of the day- I cut my best 60ft, slammed 2nd gear, slammed third and blew a side freeze plug after I hit 3rd. I couldn't compete in eliminations because of the time, but these kinds of things happen in racing. I had no doubt in my mind, that the car would have gone 8.8 on that pass. My 60ft was 7 hundreths quicker then on the 8.96 pass. I was very happy setting a new PB!

Overall it was a great weekend. I plan to be back out in a couple weeks with the car. I'm looking forward to getting back out to the track. Congrats to Jason (AngryEvo8) for setting his new PB in his EVO and Congrats to Devin for setting a new PB in MPH! Great weekend and I can't wait to go back in August for the DSM/EVO Shootout. Some pics are below and the video will be up shortly. Time slip is below as well. Stay tuned for more guys!

Last edited by Evosick2332; May 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old May 27, 2013, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Car looked great and it was rolling out for sure. I got to see your second pass from the stands and you were rowing the gears! Bummer you didn't get to get more hits but nice job keeping it straight, get some real padding on that cage! I look forward to more updates as you get everything sorted on the new setup and nice meeting you.
Old May 27, 2013, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wheatley
Car looked great and it was rolling out for sure. I got to see your second pass from the stands and you were rowing the gears! Bummer you didn't get to get more hits but nice job keeping it straight, get some real padding on that cage! I look forward to more updates as you get everything sorted on the new setup and nice meeting you.
Thanks Matt and it as nice meeting you as well! Thank you for the tow as well lol Congrats on setting a new PB! The car looked great and the cage turned out amazing. I am going to get some real padding on my cage before I go back to the track soon. Fun weekend and I'm glad we went home with new PBs!
Old May 27, 2013, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the new PB! The car looked really good and it was good talking to you (I was the guy with wheatley in the gray Fatfab t-shirt.)

Quick Reply: Just Another Junk Box Build Drag Car Style!!