Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Red TME "race" car build in the UK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
suck about the gasket, goodluck on the next start up!
Old Mar 6, 2014, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks mate. I'm trying to think of more things I can cross that I get some good luck tomorrow.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 06:11 AM
Evolving Member

Awesome build, loving the VI, and look forward to the video post of it running
Old Mar 6, 2014, 06:48 AM

Lovely car!

Goodluck with the build
Old Mar 11, 2014, 03:51 PM

Thanks guys.

No pics for tonight as I've been pretty slack but interior is pretty much done, just need to route hoses for fire extinguisher as they're both bolted down now.

Oh, and it's alive !!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I'll get it out of the garage tomorrow and take it for a little drive. Can't wait !!!!
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:13 AM

Hi everyone!

So it's been a few days since the first start up. I've done about 70 miles so far and other than a leaking heater pipe and the geo desperatly needing to be sorted out, I thought all was going well.

I got home last night and could hear a hissing coming from the back of the car. I thought I may have a puncture or something but on inspection the battery had blown up like a baloon!!!

After testing the charge with another battery I thought the alternator was knackered....18v charge!!!

A little later I tested the battery at rest and then also the one on my Audi and got 16v. Looks like my metre was knackered too!!

Today I got another metre and that read as it should have, around 14v so I've decided that it was a dodgy red top battery that I had.

Meanwhile I gave it a bit of a wash. Still needs a good clay and machine polish but it's the best it's looked in a while!

Still lots to do!!!

Tom
Old Mar 16, 2014, 04:01 AM

Hi all,

Running in is going well, although a 4 k limmit is a bit of a pain. On actuator pressure he car pulls pretty hard!

As I'm trying to rack up the miles it's getting used for pretty much everything so has got the family car stamp of approval.

Dog getting comfy before a trip to the beach yesterday.

And just loaded a pram in to take to the in laws (now we're married, everyone is just going mad about us having kids for done reason!!!)

Tom
Old Mar 20, 2014, 02:23 PM

Bit of a small update for tonight.

After using the car for pretty much everything over the last week or 2, I've managed to rack up 500 miles so have done another service. More revs will be being used now upto 1000, when I can start using some proper boost once mapped fully!!

On another note, the wife also bought me this tonight!

Hope to get a few videos with it soon and there will be lots of track footage coming over the year. Just need a roll cage mount and I'll be away.

Tom
Old Mar 21, 2014, 12:15 PM

Off to the fast show tomorrow for a bit of chav watching and a pi55 up. Gave the car and much needed clean and clay. I wanted to polish and wax it too but ran out of time due to my poxy insurance company deciding my mods are "too competition orientated" and cancelling. Meaning I spent almost all day trying to find alternative insurance !!!

Never mind, ended up getting it even cheaper in the end!

Here are a few pics from my new gopro.

And as per, Brucey had to be in on the act trying to help

Tom
Old Apr 4, 2014, 02:51 AM

Hi all,

Time for a quick update. Some of you may have seen I went to the festival of Army Motorsport on tues and wends. This meant quite a big drive of 150 miles or so down to Basingstoke! After a quick wash I set off. All was going well, up until I was casually driving past Duxford museum and I heard a loud bang and something hitting the underside of the car as I drove over it. Immediately I thought it was a piece of the rubbish uk road but then the car started shaking!

I immediately pulled into a garage I was driving passed and jacked the car up. Expecting to find something massively wrong with a part if the running gear I climbed under the car, burned my arm and found nothing!

I then noticed coolant coming from the bottom of the rad, a lot of coolant.

Opening the rad cap, there didn't seem to be much missing so I started the car up and sure enough it started to go down, however I still couldn't see where from. After a few minutes the fan kicked in. I then knew what the shaking was!!!

I turned the car off and inspected the fan to find this!!!

Somehow it must have bounced off the road, onto my block and into the fan housing doing this.

This consequently put a hole in the rad, behind the fan which was why it wasn't obvious for me to see!

Wondering what to do, I went into the garage and got some rad weld. This seemed to do the job and got me to the event and home again.

Job for this afternoon is to steal the koyo rad off out IV and fit that so I can go to the Norwich meet tomorrow.

In the mean time, the OC of Army Motorsport sports cars is getting onto 1 of our sponsors, RADTEK, to see if I can get a new 1 through sponsorship. Oh and we're asking for an intercooler too just for good measure.

So yeah, my crap luck strikes again! But if I can get some new free stuff then it might have been worth all the stress!

Tom
Old Apr 4, 2014, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Good luck getting the sponsorship for the radiator and intercooler. Your dog is pretty cool too!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Awesome thread, cool looking co-driver. I see a beatrush underpanel in your future.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Nice car, lost me at guy in bubble bath pic.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

also nice GSD I had one growing up named Sadie
Old Apr 4, 2014, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Initial_r90
Nice car, lost me at guy in bubble bath pic.
Originally Posted by Initial_r90
also nice GSD I had one growing up named Sadie
back to back replies? He did not loose you

Quick Reply: Red TME "race" car build in the UK