Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Beggz Evo 8 from NewZealand :)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2017, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
YDRAGU Evo - Beggz Evo 8 from NewZealand - update : 10.2 sec on E85

Thought to create a build post instead of posting in my newbie thread

Bought this nicely built car about a couple of years ago now.

Was pretty neglected and not maintained as the i knew the original owner which got this car built from a very reputable workshop here in NZ that

Here are some pics on how this started off

Day 1

Got this car built from a very reputable workshop here in NZ that deal with all sorts of performance vehicles http://www.possumbourne.co.nz/index.html

Being a pretty famous car locally, the owner decided to sell it due to personal reasons and someone else bought it. Nobody heard of the car then and we thought that its probably either blown up or just parked up.

I remember the day I saw it posted for sale is when I decided that I will get this.

I then decided to give it a newer, cleaner and sleeker look but found these nice looking Volk Racing TE37sl. Was promised that its Genuine but it turned out to be fake.

Decided to buy something better

And then these became my Drag wheels lol

With the right wheels and a very good tuner by N.S Spec Motorsports, I managed to get a 10 sec pass on pump gas (98octane)

So yeah, it wasn’t all about just getting wheels and a tune. There was a lot of back end work to ensure that we get the goal which was a Nice looking Street car with full interior doing 10s on pump gas.

And most recent pics
Nationals 2017

From over the weekend

For now, I have been just playing around adding my personal touches to it

: mitsu:

More pics to come

Last edited by 2DCVIN; Jan 4, 2021 at 08:08 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car looks good man, keep it going!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by stupidadult
Car looks good man, keep it going!
Thanks Buddy
Old Mar 21, 2017, 03:36 PM

Plans at the moment is to save up for a new Clutch. My Exedy Twin plate gave up on me a couple of months ago so will replace it.

Not bad considering it lasted 5 years of thrashing haha

Will go to full e85 fuel and then back to the drags for a better time.

Hoping for a mid 10s now with little under 500kw as i like to maintain my full interior and current setup.

Might even go to smaller slicks like 16 inch hoosiers instead of my 18inch hoosiers

It all makes sense on paper but wouldnt be as easy as it looks.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 03:50 PM

So found out that my car was missing, pulled out the spark plug and found this rather interesting.

Carbon on the Tip on the plug? HMMMMM Could that be the coil pack? Will change it anyways and update

Old May 15, 2018, 10:36 PM

****, didnt realise i havent posted for almost a year

Well good news is that we cracked the low 10 et

Evo 8 YDRAGU Did 10.2 sec with 1.5 60ft

Had to change fuel to E85, issue being that we dont get anywhere close to E85 from the pumps, is around 70 -75% at times, even noticed as low as 59% from the pumps. Had to make sure i had a ethnol sensor before i went down the E85 life. Pushed it abit further to the 550kw mark before T-Case started slowing signs of not holding up and diff started playing up on the dyno. After cooling it off for a while we gave it hell at 35 psi and produced 580kw when it was time for us to say thats enough haha.

So detuned back to the low 500kw mark for me to be able to drive it around and enjoy the low boost of 20psi and high boost of 30psi

First run off the trailer was a 10.8 without trying and got told off by the officials as they had my name on the naughty list since last year or year before. 2nd run, Fuel pressure vaccum line came off by itself and didnt check this till after my 3rd run when i didnt even move after my staging.

By now, i had given up as the starter motor died haha everything happens at the tracks i guess,

we tried doing a roll start and with a lower tyre pressure, my launch off the mark wasnt the greatest as i was sitting there in lala land but still managed a 1.5 and the car moved waaay towards the right before i realised that i was off track.
Now doing a 10.2 meant that the officials wouldnt be happy so haunted me down and loaded my car on the trailer for it not to be back without a cage

Only reason we used a trailer is due to my suspension setup and wheels being slicks, didnt want to waste time changing all these things at the track.

Video and pics

We are now banned from the track officially and not allowed back without a cage which sucks but will respect the laws. (we cant run 10s without cage here in New Zealand)

Enjoy

Last edited by 2DCVIN; May 16, 2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old May 15, 2018, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
Quality content here. The Evo has progressed quite a bit. I bet if you could run E-85 you would be in the 9s.
The following users liked this post:
2DCVIN (May 16, 2018)
Old May 16, 2018, 04:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Looks great and performs great!
2DCVIN (May 16, 2018)
Old May 16, 2018, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by deylag
Quality content here. The Evo has progressed quite a bit. I bet if you could run E-85 you would be in the 9s.
Sorry, i should have been more detailed with the post. Updated now

Car is on E85 or E70 as we call it here haha
Old May 17, 2018, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
If I recall correctly, here in California's local drag (Fontana) if we run 11.5 or better, we need roll bar. And if we hit 10.5, we need roll cage and nhra license.
Old May 17, 2018, 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
What suspension are you running to get that kind of traction at the launch and shifts?
Old May 17, 2018, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer
If I recall correctly, here in California's local drag (Fontana) if we run 11.5 or better, we need roll bar. And if we hit 10.5, we need roll cage and nhra license.
wow thats pretty good. We need a nhra license and a roll bar for 10.99 to 10.00 and full welded roll cage for 9.99 - 9.00. Both the Roll Bar and Cage must go through NHRA and Tech inspection also must be Chromoly material which isnt cheap.
Old May 17, 2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer
What suspension are you running to get that kind of traction at the launch and shifts?
Just the usual BC Reds which is pretty worn out but does the trick. Nothing facy to be honest
Revs around 8,500 as i have 2.2 stroked motor
Tyre press etc

The rest is just drive it like its your last run due to the common mitsi issues haha
2006EvoIXer (May 17, 2018)
Old May 31, 2018, 03:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2DCVIN
Sorry, i should have been more detailed with the post. Updated now

Car is on E85 or E70 as we call it here haha
is E70 the highest ethanol grade you can get in NZ?
Old May 31, 2018, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by TechExpress
is E70 the highest ethanol grade you can get in NZ?
Nope. I haven't actually seen it get that low at the pump yet myself, however it could be conceivable that it is lower during winter. Most of ours is treated as though it's for motorsport, so it's available from suppliers of race fuel or from stations near or on the way to race tracks. Gull ForcePro is the only one available from the pump (around 5 in NZ from memory hahaha) and the datasheet for it states that it could range from 70-90% ethanol by weight and advise that is be used with flex-fuel capable vehicles, however so far any time I've used it from the pump it has ended up acting like it must be pretty close to 85% ethanol.

Basically Gull ForcePro, Llama RaceFuel and Sucrogen E85 seem to be the most common E85s used and Sucrogen and Llama fuel are sold as being 85%.

Quick Reply: Beggz Evo 8 from NewZealand :)