Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Project Daily "Daisy"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
FYI there are 2 ports on your oil filter housing that you can use to get oil pressure readings.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by heel2toe
FYI there are 2 ports on your oil filter housing that you can use to get oil pressure readings.
Yea i tried those and man they are really stuck on there.... that's why i ended up using this device but im gong to see if i can get back on it again.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Check your wheels bearings, and brake pads.
yea this is the next thing i a m going to check, what should i look for though, i gave them a quick look over today and didn't see anything out of the norm.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by huzzle101
Yea i tried those and man they are really stuck on there.... that's why i ended up using this device but im gong to see if i can get back on it again.
They have threadlocker on them. If you use a torch and heat the area up it'll come out with minimal effort.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:26 AM
gio

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those guys over at AG AUTO are great bunch of guys and the owner antony is a stand up guy. had some issues with my car that a couple shops around here kept telling me i needed to rebuild my engine because i went with to high of a compression for E85. And i called antony and he knew the issue over the phone, Took the car to him and he and crisspeed got the car fixed in one day and Made 490HP. If you need help let me know always down to help a Mitsubishi owner...
The following users liked this post:
huzzle101 (Jul 7, 2018)
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gio

Those guys over at AG AUTO are great bunch of guys and the owner antony is a stand up guy. had some issues with my car that a couple shops around here kept telling me i needed to rebuild my engine because i went with to high of a compression for E85. And i called antony and he knew the issue over the phone, Took the car to him and he and crisspeed got the car fixed in one day and Made 490HP. If you need help let me know always down to help a Mitsubishi owner...
Thanks, ill definitely hit you up for some help, i know i will need it one day.

Here are some updated pictures. Finally did my COP system, car does feel a little better and i should have taken pics of my old spark plugs they looked like they were falling apart.

Only driven on it a few times on it but recently i have been noticing my gas moving a bit quicker than when i first got the car a few months ago. Just did a fill up and will track mileage with light pedal driving.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 01:16 AM
Evolved Member

Ok here's a small picture update.

Old Exhaust, anyone want a Buschur Magnaflow, i'm keeping it for a week then if nobody pays for shipping i am just throwing it out.

New Exhaust : HKS TI Sounds great.

My battery relocation, the handle comes off.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 02:40 AM
Evolved Member

Hey this maybe a stupid question, i am running a MBC and i am looking to install my Omni 4 Bar map sensor. My question is how would setting up ECU based boost control effect the MBC, would it be suggested i setup my EBC which i have but not installed yet. Just haven't read up on setting my EBC yet can i install the Omni 4 bar without worrying my car wo't run the same.

Any answers greatly appreciated, also I will be going Speed Density in the near future.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 02:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by huzzle101
Hey this maybe a stupid question, i am running a MBC and i am looking to install my Omni 4 Bar map sensor. My question is how would setting up ECU based boost control effect the MBC, would it be suggested i setup my EBC which i have but not installed yet. Just haven't read up on setting my EBC yet can i install the Omni 4 bar without worrying my car wo't run the same.

Any answers greatly appreciated, also I will be going Speed Density in the near future.
The problem is, the ECU cannot affect a MBC. You want to have the EBCS hooked up in place of the manual boost controller. If tuning with the manual boost controller, you have to set your boost first, then tune your fuel and timing map to that boost. It makes it difficult when switching maps.

With speed density, you will use the 4 bar MAP sensor and EBCS. No need to install an IAT sensor as temperature is taken from fuel temp. Duty cycle of the EBCS is then adjust adjusted depending on how much boost you desire from the tune.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pal215
The problem is, the ECU cannot affect a MBC. You want to have the EBCS hooked up in place of the manual boost controller. If tuning with the manual boost controller, you have to set your boost first, then tune your fuel and timing map to that boost. It makes it difficult when switching maps.

With speed density, you will use the 4 bar MAP sensor and EBCS. No need to install an IAT sensor as temperature is taken from fuel temp. Duty cycle of the EBCS is then adjust adjusted depending on how much boost you desire from the tune.
Thanks i will look to get my omni and EBCS setup at the same time then once figure out how to go Tephra.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

Been a bit slow on the build front, just enjoying the car and planning carefully what i want to have done.

Did install this beautiful short shifter and so far its my favourite mod, my shifts are quick and crisp.

Only thing on final install you have to adjust/cut a bit of the center console for it to fit properly.

Got it from Individual Racing Parts, package came from Lithuania so i think that is where they are based out of, currently say they are working on one for the Evo 10.

https://www.irp.lt/individual-racing...speed-gearbox/ its a bit pricey but it is quality stuff, i got it on sale for Black Friday.

More mods coming up about to go green, FP green.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
That's one heck of a shifter!
The following users liked this post:
huzzle101 (Dec 14, 2018)
Old Dec 14, 2018, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

I am loving it !!
Old Jan 15, 2019, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Latest update, finally finished buttoning up all bolts, vacuum lines etc for my FP green install, ill post some pics someday this week. Man it is tight in there, will be tuned tomorrow, crosses fingers all goes well.

Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Are there any videos of that shifter in action? Looks like a serious piece of hardware.

Quick Reply: Project Daily "Daisy"