EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Project Cars / Build Threads (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/project-cars-build-threads-344/)
-   -   StreetThisEVO - 2013 Build Thread - Big Power Coming!! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/project-cars-build-threads/646950-streetthisevo-2013-build-thread-big-power-coming.html)

StreetThisEvo Feb 16, 2013 10:43 PM

StreetThisEVO - 2013 Build Thread - Big Power Coming!!

StreetThisEVO

Well it is well into 2013 now and I am finally getting the ball rolling on my EVO! I've had a lot going on in life and haven't had much time for the car. I started a new job last month and have been busy as every. I have a lot of changes planned this year and am pumped to get this project rolling.

For those who haven't followed any of my threads in the past know I've been hunting for an 8 second timeslip for almost 2 years now. I didn't hit that goal in 2012 and hope to reach it this year. I am a very goal driven person and will do whatever it takes to achieve that goal!

Highlights from 2012:

2012 ended with a personal best pass of 9.37 @ 160.16 mph. As far as we know I hold the record for the fastest EVO IX (MIVEC). That record was set using a T3 based Forced Performance HTA GT3586R turbocharger.

This pass was done with what I consider full interior. The car still has power windows, mirrors, wipers, steering, and full glass, all seats, interior panels, carpet, door beams, sway bars, etc...The only thing changed from how I drive it on the street was the tires. Don't get me wrong my car is light and I have worked hard to get it the way while trying to keep it looking as stock as possible still.

Video:

At the 20th annual DSM/EVO Shootout I ran the Q16 class for the first time ever. I have attended the Shootout for a decade now and have always wanted to enter a car into the Q16 class. I knew I wouldn't have the fastest car but always like a challange. I had issues with my transmission all day but still managed to qualify with a 9.5 pass putting me right in the middle of the group qualifying #8. I made it past the first round and had to oppurtunity to line up against FathouseFab. Second round I was demolished by Kiggly haha.

Video:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few good pics from 2012:

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...psb44c9f2c.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps53fc10ec.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...entAllDone.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0cc709b2.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps47d138ab.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8fcc3316.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the fun stuff!!

Changes for 2013:

- Complete rebuild of my Buschur high compression 2.0 shortblock. It has been in the car for over 3 full seasons and has had the **** kicked out of it haha. I have never had an issue with it. The new shortblock will receive all new bearings, rings, and 'new' pistons. The GRP aluminum rods and crank will be checked to make sure they are tip top still. It should be nice ;)
- My EVO IX (MIVEC) Buschur stage 3 cylinder head is getting rebuilt and will be sold. I will be switching to a Buschur stage 3 EVO VIII cylinder head.
- The GSC power division S3 MIVEC cams have been sold and will be replaced with Buschur BF280 camshafts to match the new VIII cylinder head.
- Forced Performance T3 HTA GT3586R turbo has been sold and is being replaced with a Forced Performance Tial v-band HTA GT3794R.
- All new Buschur forward facing turbo kit w/ Tial wastegate.
- AEM EMS V1 will be replaced with a V2 box.
- Wilwood 'scalloped' front rotors and new pads to replace the original AMS/Wilwood solid rotors. Should shave another 6 lbs were it counts the most!
- All new OEM gaskets from top to bottom
- ARP L19 headstuds
- New catch can (either STM's BFC, FatHouse's, or a custom piece...can't decide yet). My Buschur one has worked great but I want a larger one.

I know there will be more but that is the main list of things to do. The motor is currently at Buschur being rebuilt. My turbo is being built by Forced Performance as we speak. The rest of the items will follow shortly after.

I know my fuel trims on the 160 mph pass were close to 80% if not a hair over. With the new motor and larger turbo I may need to come up with a solution for more fuel. Believe it or not I was still running the OEM fuel pressure regulator haha. I'd love to build a custom bolt in fuel cell to save weight and space and allow for a nice external fuel pump but doubt there is room in the budget for that this year. Once I get everything together and running i'll address this more. As of now I plan to stick with E98 fuel. I'd try the FTW stuff if it wasn't so damn expensive.

The new setup should be very solid! I'd guess power will be up anywhere from 100-140 whp from 2012. I'd love to see low to mid 800 whp on Buschur's Mustang Dyno. I also like to get the weight of the car down another 30-40 lbs in street trim. I haven't touched the wiring harness inside the car yet and know there is a good amount of weight savings to be had there. The combination of deleting MIVEC and new brakes should help achieve that goal. I have some other ideas but again will have to see if the budget allows for it.

A lot of this would not be possible without the help of my friends, family, and sponsors. Thank you David and Buschur Racing, as well as everyone at Forced Performance. You guys have been standing behind me for years now and always seem to raise the bar with new and amazing parts. It is crazy to me how far technology has come in such a short period. {thumbup} Thank you for always being there guys!

Just like my build threads in the past I'll keep you guys updated with the progress! Lots of pictures and details to come...keep posted guys.

- Chris -

:mitsu:

EvoDan2004 Feb 16, 2013 10:48 PM

i was hoping for this thread HAHAH and it finally is here. wonderful car and great job in 2012. best of luck for 2013 man.

06MREvo Feb 16, 2013 10:56 PM

Good to finally see a 2013 thread for this car! Good luck this year Chris & looking forward to updates!

evo7_8u Feb 17, 2013 01:43 AM

brand new Buschur FF kit ?? with a 37/94 :eek: .. im interested in this {thumbup}

jmcmill3 Feb 17, 2013 09:06 AM

i didnt kno you car still had so much of the "luxury" equipment.. 8 second pass or not, thats still impressive none the less

GGevo921 Feb 17, 2013 09:13 AM

Good Luck with the quest for 8s this season! I hope you get it. I'm hoping to get that slip as well. I ended up at 9.48 @132 with my motor letting go at the 1/8. So hopefully we both get there. Absolutely amazing and well done. Best of luck to you this season.{thumbup}

bbyevo8u Feb 17, 2013 09:17 AM

sick car man!! does it have a roll cage??

itsmrrizz2you Feb 17, 2013 09:31 AM

Been following your car for a while now. Good luck hope you hit your goals this year. Really like that you stayed with fp on the 3794 choice

Evo3573 Feb 17, 2013 09:53 AM

subscribed {thumbup}

maradits Feb 17, 2013 11:03 AM

following! can't wait to see her in action this year!:beer:

StreetThisEvo Feb 17, 2013 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by evodan2004 (Post 10665595)
i was hoping for this thread HAHAH and it finally is here. wonderful car and great job in 2012. best of luck for 2013 man.

I've been meaning to start one for awhile now but just haven't had the time. Thanks!

Originally Posted by 06MREvo (Post 10665601)
Good to finally see a 2013 thread for this car! Good luck this year Chris & looking forward to updates!

Thanks man :)

Originally Posted by evo7_8u (Post 10665663)
brand new Buschur FF kit ?? with a 37/94 :eek: .. im interested in this {thumbup}

It should be a killer kit. Last time I checked David was waiting on piping to come in to start welding them up. I'll post a ton of pics once the parts are in my hands.

Originally Posted by jmcmill3 (Post 10665883)
i didnt kno you car still had so much of the "luxury" equipment.. 8 second pass or not, thats still impressive none the less

Thank you!

Originally Posted by GGevo921 (Post 10665890)
Good Luck with the quest for 8s this season! I hope you get it. I'm hoping to get that slip as well. I ended up at 9.48 @132 with my motor letting go at the 1/8. So hopefully we both get there. Absolutely amazing and well done. Best of luck to you this season.{thumbup}

You too man. Your car hauls ass!

Originally Posted by bbyevo8u (Post 10665897)
sick car man!! does it have a roll cage??

No it does not have a cage. The car only has 18k miles on it and I drive it on the street quite a bit still. I didn't want to tear the interior up with a cage. I may consider one sometime down the road. We'll see I guess.

Originally Posted by itsmrrizz2you (Post 10665917)
Been following your car for a while now. Good luck hope you hit your goals this year. Really like that you stayed with fp on the 3794 choice

Forced Performance FTW :D

I support the vendors who support us. Simple as that.

AngryEvo8 Feb 17, 2013 11:54 AM

Always great to see another thread from you sir! With your drive and devotion there is no doubt you will dip into the 8s! :)

Also that fatfab catchcan is pretty large and in charge.. you won't have to drain it every other pass.

Are you sticking with the oem trans or thinking about a dogbox or a auto after br perfects it?

4g63evoeight Feb 17, 2013 03:41 PM

Absolutely love the car like I mentioned many times before haha !

The wheel and tire setup is really growing on me ! What's the specs on the setup ? I know they are 15" rotas

StreetThisEvo Feb 17, 2013 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8 (Post 10666119)
Always great to see another thread from you sir! With your drive and devotion there is no doubt you will dip into the 8s! :)

Also that fatfab catchcan is pretty large and in charge.. you won't have to drain it every other pass.

Are you sticking with the oem trans or thinking about a dogbox or a auto after br perfects it?

I hope so man. I'd be happy with anything in the 8's. Reviewing my 9.3 pass from last season shows the car had an 8 in it as it sat. The motor bogged down to 4100 rpm on the launch that pass. I solid low 1.4 sixty might have got me the 8 second pass I wanted.

I'm leaning toward the Fatfab catch can right now. It looks nice and is a good price. I'll get it powder coated crinkle black to match other items on the car.

Yes I am sticking with the OEM trans as of right now. I'd love a dogbox but can't afford it with everything else going on. Anyone want to sponsor me a dogbox haha?? Talking with David the auto trans should be killer if it all comes together like he thinks. I still don't know if an auto is for me. I love banging gears {thumbup}

Originally Posted by 4g63evoeight (Post 10666413)
Absolutely love the car like I mentioned many times before haha !

The wheel and tire setup is really growing on me ! What's the specs on the setup ? I know they are 15" rotas

HAHA thank you. They are 15 x 7" Rota's with 235/55/15 BF Goodrich T/A drag radials. My 2012 build thread should have all the details on them. I think I got the wheel/tire combo brand new for like $1100.

MRfabolous Feb 17, 2013 08:14 PM

did you run on those tires at the track or just the street. i have a set of mnh g60 tires on rota slip streams on the way to me right now.

LGshow19 Feb 17, 2013 08:49 PM

Did not realize you trapped 160mph with the hta3586, very impressive.

Keep up the good work... in for updates.

FathouseFab Feb 18, 2013 06:32 AM

Man this thing is gonna fly! Best of luck my man!

Evosick2332 Feb 18, 2013 06:36 AM

Great write up Chris! I see no problem this car can go 8s. Looking forward to more updates. Looks like its going to be a great season! See you in May{thumbup}:beer:

StreetThisEvo Feb 18, 2013 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by MRfabolous (Post 10666800)
did you run on those tires at the track or just the street. i have a set of mnh g60 tires on rota slip streams on the way to me right now.

As of right now I run those just on the street. I use 24.5" M & H slicks at the track.

The street tires are 26" tall and wouldn't work well with my 4.11 final drive. If I could find a good 24.5" - 25" tall drag radial that was wide enough I would rock em on the street. But the problem is they don't make any. Kinda makes me want to go back to the oem final drive and a 26" slick. Downside to that would be trap speed rpm at the end of the 1/4 mile. Right now with the 4.11 and 24.5" slick I was at around 9100 rpm at 160 mph in 4th gear. With the oem final drive and a 26" tire i'd be close to 10k rpm if I had to guess. And it will only get higher with the new power this year. I'm hoping to see the car trap 165 mph.

Originally Posted by FathouseFab (Post 10667161)
Man this thing is gonna fly! Best of luck my man!

Thank you sir :D Got your PM by the way. I'll be in contact with you soon.

Originally Posted by Evosick2332 (Post 10667169)
Great write up Chris! I see no problem this car can go 8s. Looking forward to more updates. Looks like its going to be a great season! See you in May{thumbup}:beer:

I hope I can have mine done by then. As of now that is the goal!

GGevo921 Feb 19, 2013 05:34 AM

You too man. Your car hauls ass!
Thanks! Hopefully Ill get a chance to see your car at the shootout this year. Was so busy racing last time I didn't really get to see any racing! Let me know how the 8 Head swap goes, been considering it myself!

JTEVO2932 Feb 19, 2013 08:57 AM

Love this car! cant wait to see it run again this year good luck!

badev0 Feb 19, 2013 09:14 AM

I like the new plans Chris. GL this year :)

MrLith Feb 19, 2013 12:16 PM

Awesome, will be keeping an eye on this - love that you stuck with the FP range, especially to go with the HTA3794. Something about that turbo makes me smile involuntarily :)

Good luck, looking forward to results!

David Buschur Feb 19, 2013 12:27 PM

Thanks for the kind words Chris. We've started on everything here now and thank goodness tubing finally has shipped out to use as of today! I've got weeks of header building ahead of me now, fell way behind waiting on material.

You will get your 8 this year, I'm sure of it! Maybe we both will!

StreetThisEvo Feb 20, 2013 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by David Buschur (Post 10669772)
Thanks for the kind words Chris. We've started on everything here now and thank goodness tubing finally has shipped out to use as of today! I've got weeks of header building ahead of me now, fell way behind waiting on material.

You will get your 8 this year, I'm sure of it! Maybe we both will!

I hope so brotha! I really do.

Fast_Freddie Feb 20, 2013 09:25 AM

Good luck Chris, looks like this year is the year you get the 8 second monkey off your back :)

SloRice Feb 20, 2013 05:29 PM

Good luck this year Chris!

StreetThisEvo Feb 21, 2013 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie (Post 10671432)
Good luck Chris, looks like this year is the year you get the 8 second monkey off your back :)

Damn monkey. Get off my back!!!

Originally Posted by SloRice (Post 10672327)
Good luck this year Chris!

Thanks yo!

StreetThisEvo Mar 8, 2013 06:43 PM

Update 3.8.2013

Nothing to major yet has happened but wanted to give everyone an update. I picked up a good EVO 8 cylinder head and valve cover. The 8 head was dropped off at Buschur this past Wednesday. It will be getting the full Buschur treatment. My 9 cylinder head should be back from the machine shop very soon and will be posted for sale. The machine shop did a bunch of work to it to make it like new again. So if you are looking for a Buschur stage 3 EVO 9 cylinder head hit me up :)

The 'new' EVO 8 valve cover is at my brother in-laws work. He is having his machinest drill and tap (2) 1/2" NPT holes for my new catch can setup I am planning. They will support -10 AN line and should look pretty nice. The rear PVC OEM port will be tapped and a plug will be put in it.

Tirado Custom Coating will be powder coating my valve cover again. They do AMAZING work and I am pumped to get work done by them once again. They are going to coat it to match the OEM graphite grey. Should look baller once it is done!

While at Buschur this past Wednesday I was able to get a glimpse at my new JE pistons. They are f'n sweet ;) The shortblock should be finished up and back to me within the next couple of weeks.

A few other things are in the making right now as well. The Buschur BF280 cams are on order and David has been working on my new forward facing manifold. I'm guessing Forced Performance should almost be done building my new turbo.

This weekend I am going to pull the car cover off and start working on her again. I am planning on pulling the engine/ecu harness out again. I want to change a few things for 2013. Also with deleting the MIVEC I will be able to delete two plugs and some more wire.

Being a weight freak I wanted to find out how much all the MIVEC stuff weighs. And the answer is:

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps095ff750.jpg

5 lbs on the dot! A EVO 8 cam gear weighed 1 lbs 2.5 oz if I remember right. I have it all written down in my garage. So moral of the story is I'll be saving roughly 3 lbs 13.5 oz and cleaning up the engine bay from deleting the MIVEC. Look at it all!

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9c110c30.jpg

I'll have more updates soon.

{thumbup}

06MREvo Mar 8, 2013 06:51 PM

Haha, nice! Don't think I've actually seen someone weigh all the Mivec stuff before!

evo7_8u Mar 8, 2013 07:04 PM

can't wait to see your new FF manifold {thumbup}

mullen Mar 9, 2013 06:48 AM

I don't think I've seen a 9 to an 8 cylinder head swap before, I'm subscribed.

StreetThisEvo Mar 9, 2013 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by mullen (Post 10700329)
I don't think I've seen a 9 to an 8 cylinder head swap before, I'm subscribed.

A few guys on here have done that swap before. It is actually pretty easy. My 9 head and cams go buy buy...and a 8 head and cams go in. You block the oil feel line hole on the back of the 9 block. And disable the MIVEC in the AEM EMS. Swap the 9 valve cover out for a 8 valve cover as well. And done :)

Originally Posted by evo7_8u (Post 10699924)
can't wait to see your new FF manifold {thumbup}

Me too man. I'm pumped to get the 3794 as well :D

EVOlunchbox Mar 9, 2013 09:17 PM

Get those 8's Chris! Best of luck!

R/TErnie Mar 10, 2013 07:11 AM

How much for the mivec gear?

Nice to see your build thread Chris, 160 is moving! I didn't know the 3794 came with a Tial housing. Very cool!

StreetThisEvo Mar 10, 2013 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by R/TErnie (Post 10701456)
How much for the mivec gear?

Nice to see your build thread Chris, 160 is moving! I didn't know the 3794 came with a Tial housing. Very cool!

Sent ya a PM :D

caLi4G63 Mar 11, 2013 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo (Post 10666604)
I hope so man. I'd be happy with anything in the 8's. Reviewing my 9.3 pass from last season shows the car had an 8 in it as it sat. The motor bogged down to 4100 rpm on the launch that pass. I solid low 1.4 sixty might have got me the 8 second pass I wanted.

I'm leaning toward the Fatfab catch can right now. It looks nice and is a good price. I'll get it powder coated crinkle black to match other items on the car.

Yes I am sticking with the OEM trans as of right now. I'd love a dogbox but can't afford it with everything else going on. Anyone want to sponsor me a dogbox haha?? Talking with David the auto trans should be killer if it all comes together like he thinks. I still don't know if an auto is for me. I love banging gears {thumbup}

HAHA thank you. They are 15 x 7" Rota's with 235/55/15 BF Goodrich T/A drag radials. My 2012 build thread should have all the details on them. I think I got the wheel/tire combo brand new for like $1100.

Are you running off the shelf APEXi N1 suspension? Any additional modifications done to it such as swapping the springs?

Good luck on your new build! {thumbup}

StreetThisEvo Mar 11, 2013 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by caLi4G63 (Post 10704031)
Are you running off the shelf APEXi N1 suspension? Any additional modifications done to it such as swapping the springs?

Good luck on your new build! {thumbup}

Thank you!

Yes they are off the shelf Apexi N1's. I haven't touched them but think I may try a set of Swift springs this year if the budget permits.

mullen Mar 11, 2013 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo (Post 10704137)
Thank you!

Yes they are off the shelf Apexi N1's. I haven't touched them but think I may try a set of Swift springs this year if the budget permits.

Hit up David, he can help you out...plus you'll shave a few pounds {thumbup}

EvoDan2004 Mar 11, 2013 08:39 PM

can you share what spring rate you would go with?

EvoDan2004 Mar 11, 2013 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by mullen (Post 10704147)
Hit up David, he can help you out...plus you'll shave a few pounds {thumbup}

get the correct length and size your talking 1.3lbs front 1.6lbs rear. not bad for springs.

mynx87 Mar 11, 2013 09:46 PM

Awesome g luck on that 8sec pass this year. If all goes well the FFTEC crew myself and a couple others will be making the trip out to the shootout this year looking forward to seeing this beast in person :)

StreetThisEvo Mar 13, 2013 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by evodan2004 (Post 10704191)
get the correct length and size your talking 1.3lbs front 1.6lbs rear. not bad for springs.

Is that weight total front and rear? Or each corner?

I have no idea what rates to go with yet.

EvoDan2004 Mar 13, 2013 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo (Post 10707468)
Is that weight total front and rear? Or each corner?

I have no idea what rates to go with yet.

I forget. I can't remember everything . It all weighs to much geez. I believe the front was a total of 1.6 and the rear a total of 1.3. I'll dig up my paper.

EvoDan2004 Mar 13, 2013 03:16 PM

Apexi front 2.6lbs
apexi rear 2.9lbs
swift front 1.6lbs
swift rear 2.2lbs
Boy did I lie. Oops. Sorry. Must of been thinking of something else

SloRice Mar 13, 2013 05:26 PM

I have a pair of Swift 6k springs I had on my N1's. swapped them out for a set of 10k's when I started autox'ing again. Let me know if you're interested in them.

StreetThisEvo Mar 20, 2013 07:20 PM

Any suggestions on how and/or what is good to use to shave a EVO 8 valve cover??

My borther in-law is going to to try and shave it on the mill tomorrow but if he can't i'll have to do it by hand.

Any thoughts? I have to send it out to Tirado to get powder coated soon.

Fast_Freddie Mar 20, 2013 07:35 PM

I did mine with an angle grinder, sand paper, and a red scotchbrite...

mrboost05 Mar 20, 2013 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie (Post 10719698)
I did mine with an angle grinder, sand paper, and a red scotchbrite...

i used a sander as well worked out perfect used a agressive grit :thumbup:

StreetThisEvo Mar 21, 2013 04:06 PM

Thanks guys for the info!

Is it freaking race season yet. I want to run my car haha.

StreetThisEvo Mar 23, 2013 04:14 AM

Still no big updates. I'm playing the waiting game right now :(

But I was able to get my valve cover all shaved and ready to powder coat. As you can see in the pics I also drilled/tapped for two -10 AN fittings for my new catch can. Tirado Custom Coatings is going to coat it to match the car. Should look great once it is done.

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps25702144.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4dc34b08.jpg

4g63evoeight Mar 23, 2013 09:20 AM

Looks good Chris, did you end up having your buddy machine the valve cover or did you do it yourself? how easy is the magnesium to tap?

evo7_8u Mar 23, 2013 03:12 PM

^^^ i was just about to ask that same question.

StreetThisEvo Mar 23, 2013 03:57 PM

My brother in law did throw it on the mill and took off the majority. I used a power sander and 120 grit sandpaper to finish it up.

It drills and taps very easy actually. Just take your time and go slow.

gbang Mar 24, 2013 02:02 PM

Hey Chris, Can't wait to see how everthing turns out. Sounds like its going to be the year you get the 8s. I finally got to start the car up last Wednesday night :) with your old setup. Everything turned out nice and just wanted to say thanks and good luck this year :chug:

Wheatley Mar 29, 2013 05:43 PM

Everything is looking great for 2013! Do you have an evo8 4th gear in the car? VC looks good, I did my evo 9 valve cover with a DA.

StreetThisEvo Mar 29, 2013 05:58 PM

Update {thumbup} 3.29.2013

Today one of my favorite people showed up! UPS dropped off my long awaited FP turbo. I cannot wait to see how this puppy performs. Thanks Robert for building me one bad ass turbo {thumbup}

Forced Performance GT3794R w/ Tial .82 V-Band housing biotches :)

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2d1d59c0.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3e825a30.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps74ace8fd.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps15da2ec8.jpg

This past Wednesday I was up at Buschur hanging out and came home with my new drum sticks. This should be a nice addition to the 8 cylinder head this year. Buschur Power ya'll haha.

Buschur Racing BF280 camshafts:

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps69f98c25.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6091543f.jpg

And last but equally just as cool my man Carlos at Tirado Custom Coatings changed plans on how my valve cover is going to be finished. We have decided to get it hydro-dipped in carbon fiber. It should look so good once done. Here is a set of rims they did in the same finish:

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...psbf2b6235.jpg

My Buschur Racing stage 3 EVO 8 cylinder head and shortblock should be next to come in. I know David was working on my new forward facing manifold.

I am on plan to have the car ready for the spring Buschur event. I see 800 whp coming soon :eek:

StreetThisEvo Mar 29, 2013 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Wheatley (Post 10735151)
Everything is looking great for 2013! Do you have an evo8 4th gear in the car? VC looks good, I did my evo 9 valve cover with a DA.

I run a 9 trans with an 8 (3rd and 4th gear) and HKS 4.11 final drive.

Wheatley Mar 29, 2013 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo (Post 10735187)
I run a 9 trans with an 8 (3rd and 4th gear) and HKS 4.11 final drive.

Have you thought about running a 26" tire on the 4.11 to keep the rev limit the same but increase your mph in 4th or are you just wanting to rev this out more to fully use the bigger turbo?

StreetThisEvo Mar 29, 2013 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Wheatley (Post 10735204)
Have you thought about running a 26" tire on the 4.11 to keep the rev limit the same but increase your mph in 4th or are you just wanting to rev this out more to fully use the bigger turbo?

26" on a 4.11 is way to tall of a gear IMO. With the current setup on my 160 mph pass last year I went through the traps at right around 9000 rpm. With what we are guessing an extra 100 whp this year I'd think 166-170 mph might be possible. That would put rpm around 9600-9800 on the top end.

With this turbo and my newly re-worked high compression 2.0 liter it will love the rpm up top!!

I do run a 26" tire on the street. Most street racing never leaves 4th gear haha. With the 26" street tire she'll go like 185 mph in 4th at 10k rpm haha.

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...pscd17763d.jpg

White numbers represent my 24.5" slicks and the blue the 26" street tires.

evo7_8u Mar 29, 2013 09:00 PM

can't wait to see this rocker cover

mkbvictory Mar 29, 2013 10:33 PM

That thing is a beast!

StreetThisEvo Apr 2, 2013 05:30 PM

Well another piece of the puzzle showed up today.

Thanks Fathouse Fab for making my new catch can! I'll get install pics the minute it goes on the car. Maybe tomorrow if I get bored :)

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps22331e16.jpg

PATRICK B. Apr 2, 2013 06:28 PM

Man Chris lots of new go fast goodies going in the car for this season :)

GL reaching your goal of the 8sec pass i know you've been working hard to get it!

Thanks for all the pics/updates.....for some reason i'm diggin those hydro-dipped wheels i wonder if it would be lame looking to have the slipstreams done like that??? Is that process expensive?

evo7_8u Apr 2, 2013 11:36 PM

FatHouse does some clean work very nice man

StreetThisEvo Apr 5, 2013 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by PATRICK B. (Post 10741173)
Man Chris lots of new go fast goodies going in the car for this season :)

GL reaching your goal of the 8sec pass i know you've been working hard to get it!

Thanks for all the pics/updates.....for some reason i'm diggin those hydro-dipped wheels i wonder if it would be lame looking to have the slipstreams done like that??? Is that process expensive?

Ya I thought about doing my rims too haha. It looks badass :)

I'm not sure on the cost. Contact Tirado they will hook you up. They do great work.

StreetThisEvo Apr 10, 2013 01:29 PM

Update 4.10.2013

Well just got back from Buschur. Came home with my freshly re-worked shortblock and new v-band forward facing manifold and dumptube. Looks like I should have all my other parts finished up by next Wednesday. As of now I am right on track to have the car finished up by the Buschur spring race at the end of May.

The shorblock got all new bearings, JE pistons, rings, OEM crank, ARP mains, bored .020 over, decked, and ss o-ringed. The GRP aluminum rods that have seen two full seasons were checked and are good to go.

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4772eb51.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7f36503e.jpg

The new Buschur forward facing v-band manifold looks great. I am sending all my hot parts out to Tirado to get ceramic coated.

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps096586d4.jpg

I will start to put the motor back into the car next week. Right now I have my engine harness all torn apart again to remove the two connectors not being used anymore now that I will no longer have MIVEC. It is a lot of work just for two connectors but I don't care...I want them gone haha. I am also going to be moving my ignition wires to a completely seperate harness. I want to seperate it from all other wires running into the car. The new harness will enter the engine bay behind my re-located power steering pump reservoir.

More pics and updates to come :)

5LEEPERISAH23I Apr 10, 2013 03:21 PM

Very nice top dollar parts right there! This car is going to fly this year hope i get a chance to see it in person this year!

evo7_8u Apr 10, 2013 11:55 PM

love the ff manifold there mate.

tdt1805 Apr 11, 2013 12:06 AM

I can not wait to see this beast run. Its looking great.

LGshow19 Apr 11, 2013 06:03 AM

Looking good man.
Did you end up modifying anything on the head for the oring? I know some "groove" the head

AngryEvo8 Apr 11, 2013 06:22 AM

Coming together Chris! Can't wait to see her boogie at the IDRC.

StreetThisEvo Apr 11, 2013 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by LGshow19 (Post 10755037)
Looking good man.
Did you end up modifying anything on the head for the oring? I know some "groove" the head

No I believe the cylinder head will just be milled flat. I pick up my BR stage 3 cylinder head this coming Wednesday.

LGshow19 Apr 11, 2013 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo (Post 10756212)
No I believe the cylinder head will just be milled flat. I pick up my BR stage 3 cylinder head this coming Wednesday.

Ok just asking because I see some people modify the head for the block oring.

StreetThisEvo Apr 13, 2013 08:21 PM

Bored....so I finally got around to posting an alternative view from my GoPro of my 9.3 pass from last year.

Evosick2332 Apr 15, 2013 08:04 AM

Parts look great man! I'm liking the new Buschur FF manifold. Sick video as well, I got a new GoPro for this season and looking forward to messing around with it lol{thumbup}

06MREvo Apr 15, 2013 12:25 PM

Go Pro view is badass, nice job again Chris!

StreetThisEvo Apr 15, 2013 05:24 PM

Update 4.15.2013

Sent package one of two out to Tirado Custom Coatings today. All of these parts are going to be powder coated. I decided to do the compressor cover, IM, TB, and IC piping in crinkle coat black and the Tial BOV, FatFab catch can, and water catch can in gloss black.

I will be sending all of my 'hot' parts out on Thursday to Tirado to get ceramic coated gold. All of this should look pretty good with my hydro-dipped carbon fiber valve cover. I'm pretty pumped. I will post a TON of pics once I get them back from Tirado!

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6dd3cb46.jpg

I spent all Saturday night tearing my entire engine harness out of the car and then apart to remove two connectors. Now that I will be rocking an EVO 8 head I do not need the MIVEC junk anymore. At first I was just going to cut the connectors and tape the wire into my already modified harness. But knowing the wire would be there bothered me so I did all of the work to get it done right. The pay off you ask....you might want to sit down! 3.0 ounces saved!! haha

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2ab00e80.jpg

I pick up all the other needed parts from Buschur this Wednesday. I am going to put the motor back together this Saturday and hope to have it in the car soon.

{thumbup}

EvoX2NR Apr 15, 2013 09:49 PM

Looking good!

It is funny to think of all the work to remove 3oz. But, it all adds up in the end =)

si937 Apr 15, 2013 11:20 PM

subscribe - looking awesome man

StreetThisEvo Apr 16, 2013 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by EvoX2NR (Post 10762094)
Looking good!

It is funny to think of all the work to remove 3oz. But, it all adds up in the end =)

Yes it does haha. I hate having un-used connectors just chilling in the engine bay. So they had to go.

StreetThisEvo Apr 17, 2013 05:18 PM

Update 4.17.2013

Picked up the rest of my parts from Buschur today. Thanks Ted for getting them all welded up and looking real nice like {thumbup} I can't wait to see all of these parts bolted up to the motor.

They will be boxed up and shipped out to Tirado tomorrow to get ceramic coated gold.

Here is a quick pic. Not the best quality pic but you get the idea:

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...psbe598632.jpg

I am on schedule to get the motor put together and in the car this weekend. More pics to come :)

ExtremeDSM Apr 17, 2013 05:23 PM

Looks like you have your work cut out for you. {thumbup}

Tango_83 Apr 17, 2013 05:47 PM

Niceee

EvoDan2004 Apr 17, 2013 05:56 PM

Very nice.

StreetThisEvo Apr 20, 2013 09:32 PM

Update 4.20.2013

Spent a couple hours out in the garage today. Got most of the long block put together. I am in need of one OEM cam gear still. If anyone has one please let me know I may buy it from ya. I need it asap. I'm also waiting on my valve cover to come back from Tirado so I can get the motor timed. If I have time tomorrow I am going to bolt the clutch and trans up and throw it in the car. That way I can at least get all the drivetrain stuff hooked up while I wait.

I can't wait to hear her run again :)

Here are a few pics from today:

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4b7b8661.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6edd5d1d.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3ee5e792.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...psdf2d9cad.jpg

tdt1805 Apr 21, 2013 12:24 AM

So beautiful

mullen Apr 21, 2013 06:39 AM

Looking good Chris! Hopefully I get to see it in person next month

Lexus01IS Apr 21, 2013 08:01 AM

So fresh So clean. Looking good

StreetThisEvo Apr 21, 2013 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by mullen (Post 10770309)
Looking good Chris! Hopefully I get to see it in person next month

Get your ass up here to see it then haha.

:D

mullen Apr 21, 2013 05:09 PM

I'm working on it! My new "job" is trying to keep me from taking that time off... change oil or go to race hmm I think I'll race haha

JTEVO2932 Apr 21, 2013 06:21 PM

Cant wait to see this thing run!!

StreetThisEvo Apr 21, 2013 09:23 PM

Carlos from Tirado Custom Coatings sent me a teaser pic of just a few of the parts he is doing for me. Looks great and I can't wait to see it on the car!

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0944c332.jpg

06MREvo Apr 22, 2013 05:34 AM

As I always say, I am a big fan of wrinkle black, looking good Chris!

StreetThisEvo Apr 22, 2013 07:21 AM

I still need one OEM EVO cam gear. Anyone local have one?

mullen Apr 22, 2013 05:51 PM

stock cam gears
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...oem-parts.html

Lexus01IS Apr 22, 2013 06:00 PM

Coating looks great. I love wrinkle black. I am in the process of coating everything wrinkle black.

How do I get hold of Tirado?

StreetThisEvo Apr 22, 2013 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lexus01IS (Post 10772663)
Coating looks great. I love wrinkle black. I am in the process of coating everything wrinkle black.

How do I get hold of Tirado?

He does some of the best work I've seen. Email is the best way to get ahold of him.

carlos@tiradocustomcoatings.com

{thumbup}

StreetThisEvo Apr 22, 2013 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by mullen (Post 10772641)

Haha thanks! He wants $50 for two gears when they are $23 each retail from Mitsu. Buschur ordered one for me. So I should be good to go :)

ExtremeDSM Apr 22, 2013 06:11 PM

Probably better to get a new one if it is that cheap. {thumbup}