Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

For sale soon..98 GS-T..need advice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2007, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For sale soon..98 GS-T (Louisiana)..need advice

I hope I have this in the right forum. I have a 1998 Eclipse GS-T. I am finally in a position to be getting my dream (EVo, of course) in about 2 months. My eclipse is in dire need of a paint job as the clearcoat demons have already payed me a visit, and my leather seats, mainly the drivers side, needs to be recovered. I have seriously thought about getting Catzkins black leather covers for the repair. It has 108,xxx miles on the clock and will need a timing belt change and a new clutch really soon. It will also need new lifters, sounds like a ticking time bomb at times. Other than that, it runs fine, no oil on the plugs and no leaks ANYWHERE!!

I would like to fix everything that is needed and sell it outright. My question is should I even worry about getting everything done, then selling it, or sell it as is. I know I would get more if I fixed everything, but am not sure it would be enough to get my money back. I just would hate to let her go as is, knowing that much work is needed. Help a fellow out..thanks!!!!

Any advice is much appreciated!!!!!

Whatever I do, I will wind up selling, so if you guys know of anyone interested, let me know!!!! I figured I would give everyone a chance on this forum before I put it on cars.com or autotrader.

Shane

Last edited by DDDEVO; Apr 14, 2007 at 02:09 PM. Reason: left out state in thread title
Old Apr 14, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sell it as is. The sooner the better. Depending on how long it takes to fix everything, something else could happen which then cost more money. Sell it ASAP

good luck with the sale