Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Mitsubishi Mirage/EVO 1 Drag Race Chassis

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2010, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi Mirage/EVO 1 Drag Race Chassis

Up for sale is my AWD Mitsubishi Mirage drag car rolling chassis. I am looking to get into a new project but this has to go first. This car is a 1994 Mitsubishi Mirage converted to AWD with an EVO 1 front end. I am going to start the price at $3500 for the rolling shell, this would be without the seat, gauges, parachute, wheels and pretty much anything under the hood. I have a lot of other random parts that can be sold with the shell including a race block, head, IPT transmission setup etc.

Trades: The ONLY trade I would consider would be for a Clean AWD 2G Eclipse or Talon shell in Black + Cash.

The car easily goes in the low 9's every time I have had it out. It also has made a handful of high 8 second passes. It is a very capable chassis that could probably compete in other forms of racing also.

Drivetrain: The car has a EVO 1 rear sub frame installed. This portion of building the car was very labor intensive as tubes had to be welded in for two of the mounting points. The driveshaft is a custom length piece made by suburban driveline. The side motor mount points are factory, the rear mount is custom and the front is built into the tubular cross member which mounts to the tubular radiator support. The rear differential currently has automatic gear ratio gears in it but 5 spd gears can be swapped in from any 1g dsm.

Fuel:
The fuel system consists of a 10 gallon aluminum fuel cell that feeds 2 inline Walbro 255lph fuel pums with Fuelab filters before and after the pumps. -8 SS line is ran to the front of the car.

Interior:
The interior of the car is very clean, the carpet, rear seats, dashboard and most of the trim is still in the car. I haven’t even chopped up anything in the name of weight savings, its all still there. The car features a NHRA 8.50 certified roll cage made entirely from Chromoly Steel and also has a parachute mount in the back, parachute release setup, Stroud window net and a seat brace. The steering wheel is a Sparco.

Suspension: The car will come on a Genuine EVO 1 Cusco coil over system adjusted to sit well with 26” tall slicks. I also have front and rear Cusco strut tower bars I can include with the car.

Body: The front end of the car is all EVO 1, this includes an EVO 1 front bumper, headlights and hood. The fenders were custom made by a local body shop, they were sectioned and are EVO 1 in the front and Mirage in the back, the shop did an awesome job and it looks factory. The rear wheel wells have been rolled quite a bit to clear the larger tires and in all honesty don’t look all that great, also there are some dents above the wheel wells from the movement in the sheet metal. I do have a pair of fender flares that I was going to use in the rear that will be included in the sale, the idea being to cut out the fenders and install the flares over them. The car was professionally painted flat black by Dupage Autowerks. The front of the car was rebuilt in tubular fashion for less weight, more room and easier engine swaps.

Electrical:
The car has had all factory wiring and the fuse box removed, and then had a custom harness made for the bare minimums, all of the lights work off of the factory steering column switches and I will include the engine wiring harness also. Also included is an AMS race battery and a quality Painless battery cut off switch.

I think that’s about everything, here are some pictures of the car completed, I will put some interior shots up ASAP. Feel free to PM me with any questions or to setup a viewing of the car.

Some pictures and videos of the car when it was running:

AMS AWD Auto Mirage 8.96 Pass at GLD

AMS Auto AWD 4G63 Mirage Dyno Video, 826 AWHP

Last edited by Scottr126; May 16, 2010 at 07:55 PM.