Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

What is this Evo MR REALLY worth?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2010, 03:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What would a IX MR with 100000 miles be worth? Non smoker, minor bolt ons, 350hp/370tq stock cooler, stock cat-back, stock exterior stock interior
Old Nov 1, 2010, 03:36 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
That is just ridiculous to say. You can buy alot of things for 25K. Doesnt mean a thing. The IX is the last of the 4G63's. They will hold value to many. There are people paying 50K for new IX MR's in Cali. That should tell you something. I looked at a few 28K MR's with low mileage and they were sold by the time I made the call. People are paying top dollar for IX's with low mileage. Just sayin' We could debate this forever, but its the basic principal of it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. However, make no mistake the car will sell for $25k in time when the right buyer lays his eyes on it. Mine is for sale for $27K, not a penny less
agree
im asking $50k for my 05 MR 33XXX miles, have over $56k in her just dont call me Crazy.
soon they will be up in price How soon you ask
Old Nov 1, 2010, 03:37 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Not4Sale
What would a IX MR with 100000 miles be worth? Non smoker, minor bolt ons, 350hp/370tq stock cooler, stock cat-back, stock exterior stock interior
$25k should be less power too
Old Nov 1, 2010, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i sold my WW 9 MR with similar mods with 30k miles for 27k in March. Eat that haters.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MR. EVO MR
agree
im asking $50k for my 05 MR 33XXX miles, have over $56k in her just dont call me Crazy.
soon they will be up in price How soon you ask
Hey look, another internet troll with nothing to contribute but sarcasm. If you were smart enough to find this thread you can find the others. Im not digging it out for you. BTW-Nobody is looking for 8's
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

if you guys are getting this kind of money, I might just flip my newly bought evo. Looks like I stand to make 3-5 grand
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:27 AM

Used car prices in general are around $1000-$1500 more than they were even as early as last year because of the ridiculous cost to get into new vehicles. If everyone is asking more than the car is "worth" that just means that is what the car is worth. The market determines the value and people are just not used to it.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:31 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by silverguy
25k is overpriced. u can get a X for that price. i am looking to get another evo sometime soon but hate to see these high prices.

nevertheless i did get 31k for my 06 evo mr which had 21k miles on it last year from my insurance company (car was stolen and totaled)
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
That is just ridiculous to say. You can buy alot of things for 25K. Doesnt mean a thing. The IX is the last of the 4G63's. They will hold value to many. There are people paying 50K for new IX MR's in Cali. That should tell you something. I looked at a few 28K MR's with low mileage and they were sold by the time I made the call. People are paying top dollar for IX's with low mileage. Just sayin' We could debate this forever, but its the basic principal of it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. However, make no mistake the car will sell for $25k in time when the right buyer lays his eyes on it. Mine is for sale for $27K, not a penny less

I don't think it is ridiculous to say at all.
The reason there are no hits is because his asking price is thousands higher than a bank is willing to loan.

This limits your buyers to someone who doesn't mind throwing a ton of cash at it. To add insult to injury, if the new owner totals in two weeks later, he'll get $4k less than he paid for it. Simple economics prove that is a horrible buy. You can ask $47,500 for your car if you want, heck, you can ask 4 million. But if the thread link to the OP isn't getting any bites at $25k, you aren't going to get one at $27k.

I sold my immaculate Electric Blue IX with 8500 miles on it for $24,500 a full three and a half years ago! For those of you who think these cars are still worth almost what South Coast was asking for them brand new with no miles, have fun living in lala land. You're gonna be keeping your IXs for a long, long time. And hope you don't crash 'em, because the insurance company is going to beat you with a very insulting check.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

bottom line is if you have a gem that is immaculate and tastefully modded, there IS a buyer that is willing to pay the premium for it. it ALL depends on the car. Market determines the overall trends, however the trends do NOT apply to every car. This is a dumb thread
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

I got IX MR with special package and i get mail from couple of dealerships wanting
to buy it for 22k.

My car is bone stock and babied from day 1. I get offers from 26k but i don't see myself
selling them. The car is PRICELESS.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Zivman
you guys are out of your minds with your value of these cars. Detroit, maybe I'll eat my words, but no way will you ever get 28 for your car.

I am sorry, these cars aren't worth 25+.

23k TOPs. If you pay more, then you fell in love with it. Plenty of cars out there that are actually priced fairly. I just bought my 06 MR and payed thousands less than 25k... with mods, two sets of wheels, and about 43k miles.

edit:
actually the car I bought is pretty comparable to the one in question. like I said, I payed thousands less than 25k and still felt like I overpayed. Heck, a friend local to me bought an 06 IX SE with very little mods - intake, exhaust, gauges, and a set of advans for 19k with 9k miles on it just this past spring.

If you are going to spend 25+, get a X
2 months ago I had an evil thought about selling the car and someone in WI (he's on here as well) offered me $27k for it with the fact that I am still on the stock clutch.
And here is an oppurtuinity to make $500 if you know someone selling an evo 9 ww ssl
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...vo-ix-ssl.html

Bottom line, if I am buying a supra, I would like to get the last one they made with a 2jz. thats just my opinion.
cheers!
Old Nov 1, 2010, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Here are things I have taken into consideration when lending my opinion on this car.

1. Last year the 4G63 was made (most sought after platform)
2. Mileage is low for this year
3. Very tasteful and power proven mods
4. Built and tuned by AWD Motorsports (Very reputable shop)

I think the car is worth every penny considering who built it and how much it would cost to replicate this car with these mods especially in this condition.

Keep in mind that depending on where you are located these cars are either a dime a dozen (Cali) or few and far between (Florida)... These two simple factors can weigh heavily on someones decision on whether or not a car is being fairly priced.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

It seems people selling their Evo's say 25 is not to high of an asking price.

Others that already own Evo's don't want to see the car deprecate. So they say it's not to high of a price.

BUT, he has been trying to sell it for over 2 months now with no takers at $25k. That says it's overpriced.

People do the same thing on the Supra forums. All the sellers and owners say the cars are worth 40k but people can't even get high 20's for fully built cars anymore...
Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Well I'm not here to argue but you couldNt be more wrong. My friend just wrecked an mr ad got 27k from insurance for it. The car had 60K miles. He wrecked the new mr he bought which had 70 k miles and got around 24 for it. Those are facts. He is slowwevo so u can ask him. Bottom line is and I have already said it, it's worth what someone will pay.

Originally Posted by Noize
I don't think it is ridiculous to say at all.
The reason there are no hits is because his asking price is thousands higher than a bank is willing to loan.

This limits your buyers to someone who doesn't mind throwing a ton of cash at it. To add insult to injury, if the new owner totals in two weeks later, he'll get $4k less than he paid for it. Simple economics prove that is a horrible buy. You can ask $47,500 for your car if you want, heck, you can ask 4 million. But if the thread link to the OP isn't getting any bites at $25k, you aren't going to get one at $27k.

I sold my immaculate Electric Blue IX with 8500 miles on it for $24,500 a full three and a half years ago! For those of you who think these cars are still worth almost what South Coast was asking for them brand new with no miles, have fun living in lala land. You're gonna be keeping your IXs for a long, long time. And hope you don't crash 'em, because the insurance company is going to beat you with a very insulting check.

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Nov 1, 2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

And What a bank will loan has nothing to do with what a car is worth. Look up a supra and see why the book says and then see what they are selling for. I've already proven insurance companies are paying good money, people are saying they have sold for 27, I've missed out on several that have sold for 27-28. But hey I guess they are worth 19k. I'm done here...

Quick Reply: What is this Evo MR REALLY worth?