Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS CA 2008 Evolution X Phantom Black. 43k mi. $21,000 Or Trade for STi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bumps
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sti or GTR.?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:29 PM

Originally was going to go for the GTR when i first decided to sell my Evo. Changed my mind, and decided better to get a house back in the Central valley. Prices are once in a life time and there are a lot of new forclosed homes to chose from. And later on can always buy A GTR if i'm in the market. So STi hatch for now for extra room in back for road trips and i will be going up to yosemite and the mountains quite often next year.

Thanks for bump.

Hopefuly you found the Right evo for you after you totaled your last one.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:11 PM

bumps
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:27 AM

bumps
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:29 PM

election day bump
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

good price - bump for ya!
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by dangina
good price - bump for ya!
Thanks and thanks!
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

My 9 got flood damage, not totaled. Here are some parts im selling through my post here(https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ket-parts.html). Note my intercooler has no damage. You also would have had a deal if we could have done the transaction securely through PAYPAL instead of BANK2BANK TRANSFER. That may be the reason why you havent sold your X yet. its not that i dont want the vehicle...but i am Still leaning towards a X MR or SE for more comfort of auto feature, but want to pay in full. I seen a 2010 Evo X GSR go for 14k at a dealer leased auction in Danbury Conn. Could have coped that n wouldnt have to pay 1k delivery(if delivered) n still have 7k cash to play with the engine. 2011 Sti White Sedan at this same auction was purchased for 22k with 17k miles. Sti hatch don't have much trunk space(do the reaserach). Many reviews say the same and not to mention it better be 2011 or better since the 2008-2010 had many suspension problems. So all and all, I wonder how California auctions are; you maybe able to get a GTR after all if you know someone with a dealership license.

Truth be told, there are alot of "options" if u have 35k+ available. Im trying to find comfort n speed in one. Something i can have 350-500hp from start and/or if i decide to throw a tax return into the engine and other variables. Not to mention SAME or BETTER on gas mileage. Even though most gas guzzlers have slightly larger fuel tanks which evens out the same average mileage when u fill up. To name a few of these options: S4(2010), S5(2008-2009), M3 sedan(2008-2009), RS4(2008), C63(2008-2009), Lexus IFS. I love the evolution so much I feel like if I don't "evolve" into something different and get an Evo X, I'm really just "improving a trait", rather than evolving. Plus lets face it, for long distances, its not exactlcows consistent at the speed ranges you want to go for hours and hours on a highway. Rallying around is cool, but I do more highway driving than city nowadays, so may lean towards the GT class. Let's see how I feel during XMAS in Febuary.

Good luck on ur sale.

Last edited by 23r0k001; Nov 8, 2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by 23r0k001
My 9 got flood damage, not totaled. Here are some parts im selling through my post here(https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ket-parts.html). Note my intercooler has no damage. You also would have had a deal if we could have done the transaction securely through PAYPAL instead of BANK2BANK TRANSFER. That may be the reason why you havent sold your X yet. its not that i dont want the vehicle...but i am Still leaning towards a X MR or SE for more comfort of auto feature, but want to pay in full. I seen a 2010 Evo X GSR go for 14k at a dealer leased auction in Danbury Conn. Could have coped that n wouldnt have to pay 1k delivery(if delivered) n still have 7k cash to play with the engine. 2011 Sti White Sedan at this same auction was purchased for 22k with 17k miles. Sti hatch don't have much trunk space(do the reaserach). Many reviews say the same and not to mention it better be 2011 or better since the 2008-2010 had many suspension problems. So all and all, I wonder how California auctions are; you maybe able to get a GTR after all if you know someokne with a dealership license.

Truth be told, there are alot of "options" if u have 35k+ available. Im trying to find comfort n speed in one. Something i can have 350-500hp from start and/or if i decide to throw a tax return into the engine and other variables. Not to mention SAME or BETTER on gas mileage. Even though most gas guzzlers have slightly larger fuel tanks which evens out the same average mileage when u fill up. To name a few of these options: S4(2010), S5(2008-2009), M3 sedan(2008-2009), RS4(2008), C63(2008-2009), Lexus IFS. I love the evolution so much I feel like if I don't "evolve" into something different and get an Evo X, I'm really just "improving a trait", rather than evolving. Plus lets face it, for long distances, its not exactlcows consistent at the speed ranges you want to go for hours and hours on a highway. Rallying around is cool, but I do more highway driving than city nowadays, so may lean towards the GT class. Let's see how I feel during XMAS in Febuary.

Good luck on ur sale.

Well i'm not in a rush to sell my Evo, if it sells it sells and if not i will enjoy keeping it. Not sure what review you saw about the STi hatch not having more room, but when seats are folded down it's plenty of space, hell you can sleep back there. I did my research. Obviously any person can see the hatch area with seats up is just like a trunk. If you do research you will see the seats fold down. and you must be confused about the bank 2 bank because i'm not just doing bank 2 bank "only" that's for people out of state obviously but im sure you realized that and were just talking about situation when you were interested in my Evo. I accept cash, cashiers check, in person. but a bank2bank is quite secure i don't see how that could be any less secure than PAYPAL. in fact i would be more frightened to take a payment through Paypal with all the scams going on. Not to mention the outrageous fee i would get in the end. It's a rip off compared to a $30 wire fee from a bank which has both of our information and is secure and is Win win in my opinion. Which if one party was to do something stupid. Obviously addresses would be on file and all personal information on the bank account and authorities would be involved. I tell any person that's out of state i will write a written agreement and fax to the buying party that the wire is for the sell of my vehicle.

Didn't really read into the other part of your post, but GL in whatever vehicle you get.

Thanks for bump.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:38 AM
Evolving Member

Right, ofcourse. I can bump it errday if want. I know no one will invest in a salvaged title Evo x when their are other 21k options....that's what the other part that you didn't read was saying. Be back in 24hrs to bump and see who would prove me wrong and purchase. Subscribed, even on all you other forum posts.

Last edited by 23r0k001; Nov 10, 2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:33 PM

Right, ofcourse. I can bump it errday if want. I know no one will invest in a salvaged title Evo x when their are other 21k options....that's what the other part that you didn't read was saying. Be back in 24hrs to bump and see who would prove me wrong and purchase. Subscribed, even on all you other forum posts.
Ok bump it "errday" Thanks again for bump. And idk why u seem so mad to go back and reedit your post seems I offended u in some way. U were interested in my Evo at one time . If I want ask 50k for my salvage title I will ask 50k haha. It's my car ill ask what I want. My bottom line price is 20k. If it sells it sells like I said. Have a good day buddy. GL selling your scraped parts!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Exactly what I'd thought you would say. You started with the cheap shots online killer. My scrap parts I'm sure will go faster then your put together scrap car. Yea, 50k is a better deal for it. BUMP! :-)
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:18 PM

Exactly what I'd thought you would say. You started with the cheap shots online killer. My scrap parts I'm sure will go faster then your put together scrap car. Yea, 50k is a better deal for it. BUMP! :-)

U seem mad . Stop acting like a little girl . Go sell your parts and get off my thread . Thanks. Ghetto kid .
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

Ghetto is here to stay suburban kid. Nothing you can do. Not even sell your poor car. Bump!

Quick Reply: FS CA 2008 Evolution X Phantom Black. 43k mi. $21,000 Or Trade for STi