Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[West]: STOCK - 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 56,xxx mies

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 01:32 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by futureal
Wake up call, Evos are selling 3-4k over the blue book value in the market. for example the NON MR Evo above is priced at almost $3,000 above Blue Book.

The Fair Market for my particular MR in its perfect, excellent condition - with low range $23,596 to $27,628 for my ZIP code area (no snow, no salt, no rust, no interior weather damage, no egine bay grime and dirt and rust) I am asking the exact $3,000 above the blue book as the market dictates so all yo "je$us$" types get a hell out of my ad unless you have spent last 8 years of your life meticulously taking care of a stock vehicle vs busting everything open in the car and throwing every possible aftermarket junk it. Get a hell out of this ad. Unless you will show me your EVO in SHOWROOM condition. THEN we will have a conversation.
you're overreacting. it's a lot of money, yeah. so what? good luck with your sale.
Old May 3, 2015, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
you're overreacting. it's a lot of money, yeah. so what? good luck with your sale.
no we re good man, I am not upset at you. just trying to clear up whats going on with this weird Evo market Thanks for a good word, I meant to say that
Old May 3, 2015, 03:55 PM
kaj

no we re good man, I am not upset at you. just trying to clear up whats going on with this weird Evo market Thanks for a good word, I meant to say that
believe me, i know. i'd like to buy another but honestly couldn't afford to LOL. i'll keep mine forever, i don't care if anyone offered me $40k. she's not going anywhere. i'd love to have a stock one to use as a daily. but that would just be me being spoiled haha
Old May 3, 2015, 09:29 PM

Wake up call, Evos are selling 3-4k over the blue book value in the market. for example the NON MR Evo above is priced at almost $3,000 above Blue Book.

The Fair Market for my particular MR in its perfect, excellent condition - with low range $23,596 to $27,628 for my ZIP code area (no snow, no salt, no rust, no interior weather damage, no egine bay grime and dirt and rust) I am asking the exact $3,000 above the blue book as the market dictates so all yo "je$us$" types get a hell out of my ad unless you have spent last 8 years of your life meticulously taking care of a stock vehicle vs busting everything open in the car and throwing every possible aftermarket junk it. Get a hell out of this ad. Unless you will show me your EVO in SHOWROOM condition. THEN we will have a conversation.
Dude relax he said nice car and yes your car is way over priced to be honest it has a lot of miles for the price your asking and there are disadvantages to having an MR such as the weaker 6 speed transmission take it easy btw I have a EVO 9 RS in showroom condition that is garaged with 6000 original miles and wouldn't sell for 33k maybe 29 or 28 but I wouldnt ever sell
Old May 4, 2015, 07:15 AM

Beautiful car and it IS worth the money because it is totally unmolested unlike many other hoopty ride evos out there.

You just need the right person to come see this and pick it up.
Old May 4, 2015, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Remmz
Dude relax he said nice car and yes your car is way over priced to be honest it has a lot of miles for the price your asking and there are disadvantages to having an MR such as the weaker 6 speed transmission take it easy btw I have a EVO 9 RS in showroom condition that is garaged with 6000 original miles and wouldn't sell for 33k maybe 29 or 28 but I wouldnt ever sell
Brah I am not going to argue with you about hearsay I speak facts based on actual evidence look up fair market on KBB or CarGurus for Evo MR in my zip code area 92604 you should get around $27500 then throw in another 3-4 k for the pristine shape its in without all wear and tear

You are quick to draw a knife a say MR has weaker 6 Speed which is a lot more desirable for daily drive and fail to mention Bilstein shocks, aluminum roof, and many other perks Mitsubishi Racing threw in to MR, SE etc. my car still has 100,000 mile warranty on a tranny for a reason that it's durable enough not to fail. Trust me how many times you wished you had a 6th gear when you are on a highway

Last edited by futureal; May 4, 2015 at 09:31 PM.
Old May 4, 2015, 10:03 PM
kaj

I 💘 my 6spd. It will never go.
Old May 6, 2015, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It all depends where you are that determines price. I also love my 6sp
Old May 12, 2015, 09:56 AM

I am open for offers place your best offer anyone who is seriously interested and cash on hand or loan pre approved
Old May 12, 2015, 09:19 PM

posted in error

Last edited by futureal; May 12, 2015 at 09:22 PM.
Old May 16, 2015, 05:54 PM

Offers

at this point there is 3 offers on this car from potential buyers, 23k, 26k & 27k. Give me 28k and the car is yours as I planning to pick up a used Lexus RX 450H hybrid or a new Honda Accord Hybrid this coming labor day weekend. Whoever walks away with the keys I am sure will appreciate the value.
Old May 16, 2015, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLWS!

Ridiculous clean car! Hope you get EVERY penny you want… just wait and bid your time and the right buyer will pick up this awesome GEM!

This to me, is the holy grail of MR SE cars… to see someone who took the pride in caring for this car… you are the PERFECT seller and I wouldn't think twice about buying a car from someone like you. You have the pictures, documentation and the PERFECT post letting everyone know how well cared for this car is. You indeed deserve top dollar for your Evo. Thanks for all the info, I'm glad to see an Evo owner who respects their car for what it is!

Last edited by MCPunk79; May 16, 2015 at 07:51 PM.
Old May 17, 2015, 01:48 AM

Problem is banks will only loan on a book value, and lots of banks dont even touch cars that are almost 10 years old. If those offers are cash offers I would def suggest thinking about them.
Old May 17, 2015, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by krypt952
Problem is banks will only loan on a book value, and lots of banks dont even touch cars that are almost 10 years old. If those offers are cash offers I would def suggest thinking about them.
Most banks, especially Credit Unions will led up to 130% of the NADA website value. I used to be a banker for 8 years, I have argued with the underwriters numerous times due to quoting loan to me for a customer with missing vehicle options and upgrades or straight up wrong Trim (Evo vs Evo MR) etc. You have to do your due diligence when getting a quote because a new or unseasoned banker will quote you a regular LANCER, and you will be thinking that you are getting screwed on your deal. Also we bankers never go and look at your car, you if you got upgrades - say so, otherwise it will be entered as a BASE model, hence you will not get approve for the amount you wanted. Do not go to Wells Fargo or Chase because they don't want to take a risk on any model over 5-6 years old.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by futureal; May 17, 2015 at 11:47 AM.
Old May 17, 2015, 02:56 PM

Most banks, especially Credit Unions will led up to 130% of the NADA website value. I used to be a banker for 8 years, I have argued with the underwriters numerous times due to quoting loan to me for a customer with missing vehicle options and upgrades or straight up wrong Trim (Evo vs Evo MR) etc. You have to do your due diligence when getting a quote because a new or unseasoned banker will quote you a regular LANCER, and you will be thinking that you are getting screwed on your deal. Also we bankers never go and look at your car, you if you got upgrades - say so, otherwise it will be entered as a BASE model, hence you will not get approve for the amount you wanted. Do not go to Wells Fargo or Chase because they don't want to take a risk on any model over 5-6 years old.
Hope this helps.

Credit unions will lend all day long on 8's and 9's. I have been inquiring on Supras and they're just a smidge older than evo IXs. You should have no problem. Good luck with the sale!

Quick Reply: FS[West]: STOCK - 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 56,xxx mies