Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[West]: CA - LA 2008 Evo X GSR SSS Apex Silver

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CA - LA 2008 Evo X GSR SSS Apex Silver

I am looking to sell my 2008 Evo X GSR with SSS in Apex Silver as it is time to get something else for the family. I am located in Los Angeles, Woodland Hills/Valley Area. It was used as my daily driver for the past 3 years and I had a short trip so I kept my mileage down on it since I purchased the car in March of 2013.

I am asking $18,000

About the car:

• 2008 Evo X GSR
  • 56675 miles
  • Partially debadged trunk (pics will show) remaining badges were plasti-dipped (can be removed easily or upon request) Still have removed badges and can be put back on to the car
  • AEM Air Intake (carb legal w/ sticker) Recent smog as of July 2015
  • Misimoto Blue Silicone BOV return hose
  • Metal upper intercooler piping
  • Rockford Fosgate system
  • Navigation
  • All current recalls done
  • New front brakes (hawk performance) and rotors as of July 2015
  • New rear tires Extreme Contact DWS July 2015
  • Clean title - no accidents
  • Lien on car (will be paid in full upon sale and transfer of title)
  • Recently detailed it inside and out and I tried to keep it as clean as possible at all times.
  • Plasti-dipped hood inserts
  • Recaro racing buckets
  • Momo Gotham shift knob
  • HID headlights
  • HID foglamps

Spare Parts, Add-Ons, Etc (yours with the cars purchase)
  • AMS EvoX Performance Air Intake - Chrome (with bungs. incl. air filter, no heat shield)
  • mitsubishi logo cup holder inserts (brand new, still in package)
  • APM Racing 2 Piece front rotors (needs new discs) currently not on the car
  • stock air box parts
  • stock upper and lower intercooler piping
  • Mitsubishi badges
  • Kensun Capacitors (warning canceller for HID)
  • Smoked lower rear bumper reflectors (new in package)
  • black leather shift boot with red stitching

Issues, Concerns
  • small ding in hood
  • small scratches on doors (driver, front passenger) from living in LA and doors hitting (should be easy to touch up
  • Rear lower bumper area has a crease and small hole from my guess is a license plate from when I lived in Santa Monica. My guess is someone tapped me a little while parking.
  • Rear lower bumper above left side exhaust. Plastic is melted (was like this when i bought the car)
  • Rubbed mark on passenger side lower side skirt. (Will post pic to show below)
  • Front lower lip has crack in it from tow truck when master cylinder was replaced
  • I would look into replacing front tires. They aren't totally gone now but would be good to replace them to match the rear ones. These cars can be sensitive with their computer when the tires have different tread thickness

So thats the car. It runs great, is a fun car like you all know and I hate to see it go. Just need to make some changes and the car happens to be one of em.

Last edited by jessemoody; Jan 14, 2016 at 08:38 AM. Reason: added issues
Old Dec 31, 2015, 04:49 PM

Last edited by jessemoody; Dec 31, 2015 at 05:00 PM.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Pm sent
Old Jan 9, 2016, 04:15 PM

pms replied to or contacted via email/cell.

Car is still available at this point.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 05:21 PM

bump.

Last edited by krypt952; Jan 13, 2016 at 09:41 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 09:21 PM

Just a bump and update with the car to answer more questions anyone may have. I have nothing to hide with this car and have tried to be as transparent and honest as possible with everything I know about the car. I am not here to rip people off or waste peoples time either. I am also not here to give my car away for low ball offers from anyone. The car has some cosmetic issues that I have clearly tried to point out as best as possible, but it drives amazing and engine is solid.

So with that said I'll try to clear up any questions that may have been raised regarding the car.

A fellow member test drove the car and noticed a grind in 3rd gear. It is there a little. Like most EVO X GSRs. It is a little sloppy and I've noticed this on other Xs as well. I know you can replace the shifter bushings and do a few other things to help clean this up but it never really bothered me enough but I know it is a pretty easy thing to adjust. In 3 years driving the car as well as other Evo and Subaru owning friends of mine checking it out I have never seen anyone have any issues with it or comment on it.

The car has been looked at twice in the past month by two different mechanics/shops when I was looking at trading it in for a new car (Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood and Carmax by LAX). I held off with the Ford offer because I really want one of the new Raptors but they aren't available until this fall. I decided to try and sell it here because the other offer from Carmax was a lowball offer and private party is usually always better.

While I was looking at the car with the forum member he noted about some paint issues on the drivers side rear quarter panel and showed me closer what to look at. I hadn't even noticed it up to that point. I bought the car in March 2013 and it had a clear carfax. I noticed no damage or major issues with it at the time and so I can't 100% say that the previous owner (that was also a member here but I don't remember his username) did some on the sly repair work. If it got dinged it wasn't something major because that would show up a lot easier.

Front lip is cracked from when a tow truck jacked it up when the clutch master cylinder failed and had to be replaced (turned out to be a recall a month later and Mitsubishi refunded me the cost) but dealing with the tow company to get the bumper fixed became an endless fight and I had planned on replacing the lower front lip anyways at some point until I decided to sell the car.

It shows clearly in the photos I posted.

There is a scuff on the passenger side skirt. It has some other paint on it from something that rubbed against it.

I am willing to let anyone look at the car, drive it and feel it out, have it inspected by a 3rd party. Whatever it takes so you would feel comfortable with the car and buying it.

If I were to keep the car the only things I would do to it over the next year outside of the regular maintenance would be to replace the front tires to match the set on the back and have the alignment performed with it. Install the new shift boot that I have (included with car) and pick up a steam cleaner just to really be able to detail it nicely and get it looking a lot newer.

Also since I want to make sure I mention EVERYTHING. My kids spilled their jelly beans in the back seat once on the way home from the mall. I cleaned them up though and I did sneeze once and a booger flew out of my nose. I am not 100% sure where it went. I believe it hit the carpet and since been taken away via vacuum BUT if it is ever found please return it if you purchase the car and I will refund you a finders fee to be discussed at a later time.

Last edited by jessemoody; Jan 14, 2016 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Cleaned up the description
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:14 AM

SOLD - Pending payment