Notices
For Sale - Suspension / Brakes / Handling Includes pads, rotors, springs, shocks, swaybars, and other handling related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Buschur's Quick-Release Harness Bar Final Production Run

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by Kahrs
I'm def Interested alot keep me posted. I'd just like to know as well what do I have to do to install these? and 475 seems pretty high considering I'd still be out the harness for the seat as well...looking at almost 800-1000 bucks for this...
These are only for 8/9s, I'm sure you knew but just in case.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Those of you who posted saying you're lacking funds, if we get 10 (or more) confirmed orders we will have some discount on these!

Please post here with confirmation!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kyoo
Those of you who posted saying you're lacking funds, if we get 10 (or more) confirmed orders we will have some discount on these!

Please post here with confirmation!
Any idea on how much of a discount?

Like it was said above, even if we got the bar for cheap, the seat belts + the bar are not cheap

-Bink
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by binky
Any idea on how much of a discount?

Like it was said above, even if we got the bar for cheap, the seat belts + the bar are not cheap

-Bink
Asking Dave now -

and belts/seat/whatever else isn't Dave's problem or related to the sale of these harness bars.

nvm: price will stand at 475 so just waiting for 5 confirmed. Thanks

Last edited by kyoo; Jan 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kyoo
Asking Dave now -

and belts/seat/whatever else isn't Dave's problem or related to the sale of these harness bars.
I would say that's not entirely true. Without the seat belts the harness bar is useless. They go hand in hand.

Keep us posted on price figures.

Thanks!

-Bink
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by binky
I would say that's not entirely true. Without the seat belts the harness bar is useless. They go hand in hand.

Keep us posted on price figures.

Thanks!

-Bink
Actually the Buschur's quick-release harness bar idea came into fruition from the chassis thread (sig), as also a means of providing chassis support inside the car + usability for weekend warriors.

Price will be 475 steady, so I'm just targeting 5 made for now.

450 for 10+, so we'll see how many we can get.

Last edited by kyoo; Jan 5, 2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
kyoo,

First, I didn't know you were going to put together a thread. Thanks for doing it.

Next, why the price hike, was asked?

There is no "price hike". The $475 price is the price we sold the bars at. The discounted price we blew them out at was, as I already explained, the price difference from our chassis guy who builds them because he was pissed off he was sitting on the bars. So that was cost of his material and absolutely NO PROFIT OR LABOR FEES FOR ALL HIS WORK ON HIS END.

This is how this stuff works and some of you will get it or you won't.

First we have to take my car apart to fit everything. Measurements, test fits etc., both time on my end and Gary's (Gary Reese from Reese Chassis) end. The bar is made of chrome moly tubing and is the LIGHTEST HARNESS BAR ON THE MARKET. The bar is completely and beautifully TIG welded, not some quick ugly booger MIG job on it. The bar is powder coated your choice of color. The end joints are milled internally to cut weight. The pins are aircraft grade and made in the USA along with the rest of the bar and components. I am not, my employees are not and Gary is not some cheap *** $1 per hour sweat shop laborer and the parts chosen and used to build this are not cheap mild steel or low grade fasteners. Quality parts cost money. The lightest parts cost money. Innovative products take thought and research, there is no other quick removable harness bar on the market. Everyone else built their junk the same as the first guy and built it out of heavy mild steel with no thought of weight savings, no thoughts of how ugly their welding was or how ****ting their paint was on the bar, let alone offered a choice of colors.

So the bottom line is, I have my bar in my car and can't be happier with it. If anyone would like a LIGHTWEIGHT, QUALITY, POWDER COATED QUICK RELEASE BAR in there car then we will build them again. We are not, however, asking Gary to do all his work for free again.

The price is $475 for the bars. IF we get orders for 10 of them I would do them for $450.

If I come across with a bit of an attitude, well that's me. It bothers me though when I feel like I am nearly being accused of being a crook over the pricing when the fact is the only guy who got screwed was Gary who built all the parts and sat on them from lack of sales.

There are bars on Ebay for about $100 from what I understand. If the price of a quality bar is too much, there are options of course.

For those of you that want the bars, thank you for choosing quality USA built parts.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

thanks Dave, I'll update the first post
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
As for seat belts and the cost of that.

I chose the best belt I could find, that is the Schroth. It is one of the only 4 point harnesses approved for road racing and is NASA legal BTW. Yes, they are expensive............goes with what I said above, you pay for quality and innovation.

Summit and Jeg's both sell harnesses for cheap, hell you can probably find some belts made in overseas in a sweat shop on Ebay. For me, the other bars and other belts are not for my own personal car and I don't feel good about offering that stuff either..........and that's why we don't. Point is you can buy cheaper harnesses from other places, you are not required to buy then from us.

Without the harnesses the bar still probably has some effect on the car as far as rigidity or maybe even help the sides of the car in a roll over or side impact BUT the point of the bar is to hold you in the seat.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edited because racecar

Last edited by AlwaysinBoost; Jan 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
edited because racecar
pics?

how much does it weigh?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wjamyers
pics?

how much does it weigh?
not in this thread please
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Here is my write up on mine. Maybe add this to the first post.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...rness-bar.html
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo9"Miss Rose"
$475 is the best price especially since no one makes Harness Bars that has Quick Release pins.. Kyoo you can cant me in but my check wont be in till the 15th so im in after that date
I assume you meant count me in right? Go ahead and call BR to hold your position for one. No one's gonna be charged until they're produced and shipped out
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
Here is my write up on mine. Maybe add this to the first post.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...rness-bar.html
Awesome, thanks

Quick Reply: Buschur's Quick-Release Harness Bar Final Production Run