Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Evo ix stock turbo for sale

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:30 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol actually, when u buy an fp red from (FORCED PERFORMANCE) you r supposed to use there new oil feed line

Check it son hahaha
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:31 PM
Account Disabled

and btw, to all u dont need a evo 8 conversion kit.

The only line u need is a evo 9 oil feed line
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well u did own a civic so u could be right!! But when i called FORCED PERFORMANCE i asked for every thing i would need, they,(FORCED PERFORMANCE) told me the only thing i need is a new gasket for the turbo to the o2 housing. So if ur saying FP doesnt know what they are talking about then u should call them and let them know they are wrong since they make the turbo SON!!!!
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:47 PM
Account Disabled

haha ya i owned a civic which was faster than ur evo

this is off their own website

We no longer recommend using oil supply from the cylinder head for the FP GREEN&trade for the Mitsubishi Evolution 9 or FP RED&trade for the Mitsubishi Evolution 9 in applications that run elevated boost pressures. Oil pressure measurements made on various engines indicate that in some cases the amount of available oil pressure at the cylinder head feed location is less than desirable. This head feed location prioritizes the turbo oil supply after all other oil supply duties within the engine. We want the turbocharger to be supplied with a minimum of 45psi of oil pressure under full engine load, and sourcing oil supply from the cylinder head simply does not ensure this under all circumstances or possible combinations of engine configuration, oil viscosity, temperatures, balance shafts, main and rod bearing clearances etc.

Relocating the oil supply to the oil filter housing allows the turbocharger to be fed by a more stable and consistent source. This source is much higher pressure than required by the turbocharger (can be over 150psi), so our line kit includes a inline filter that also features the appropriate size restrictor to limit the pressure at the turbo to a maximum of 70psi hot oil pressure.

While many may insist that 20 or 30psi of oil pressure is sufficient to supply a typical floating journal bearing turbo, it is our specific experience that this is not always true in the case of an automotive racing turbocharger used in a performance application where excessive EGT, high shaft speed and maximum thrust load are the norm, not the exception.

Currently, damage resulting from insufficient oil pressure can still be repaired under the standard product warranty in cases where the turbocharger was purchased and installed prior to the introduction of this new solution to oil starvation. Of course it would be preferable to update the oil feed to the turbo prior to having a problem, and existing customers will be helped in every way possible in their efforts to update their oil feed lines in existing applications.

We have tested oil pressure at several locations on a 2006 Evo RS shown in the graph below.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...Lancer-TurboHW

lol ahhhhhhh children

back at ya

Last edited by Evokid03; Aug 23, 2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:52 PM
Account Disabled

lol also if u lower the price i have a local freind of mine intersted
Old Aug 24, 2009, 12:13 AM

like i said WHEN I BOUGHT MINE u didnt need it 'SON'! They just started recommending this as stated in the info YOU SUPPLIED. But on a positive note thanks for bringing this to my attention. i will have to give them a call to see whats up now. it would have been nice if they called everyone who had the first gen reds to tell them and not expect them to find out on their own. And btw the only way ur civic way faster was if it was gutted and on slicks and every thing in the world done to it. Even then im still not convinced. One thing though, my evo runs 11.3's on snowtires!! i show up that way and go home that way. what it does on the track it does everyday on the street. And i also dont have to have the track shut down and swept of debris and fluids every other run i do. I run with happiness and relaxation, hondas run with fear and hope that they make it the whole 1420! Plus they sound like ****!

Thanks for the info though,
Mike

And the price of the turbo is $400 shipped if ur friend wants it. No lower.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 12:59 AM
Evolving Member

i hope you got your "facts" about hondas from you imagination, hondas dont need to have everything in the world done to them, gutted, with slicks to be running faster than evos, or in this case faster than your 11.3, put it this way, a well known honda tuner around my area ran 12.0 with his stock k20 powered eg coupe with full interior and semis, now hes running 11.0 by slapping a diy turbo kit that probably costed less than what you paid to get your evo into the 11s... so do yourself a favor and get all your facts straight before you talk smack about other peoples rides... good luck selling your turbo

Last edited by MrEVO313; Aug 24, 2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 04:43 AM
Evolved Member

Is this a FS thread or an evo vs honda thread? Dude is just trying to sell a turbo. Whoever buys it can run whatever feed lines or install kit they want, and should know and understand that themselves. Not his problem.

Let me know if you end up coming down on price.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 01:12 PM

Well said Jaketheviii. I appreciate the comment. The funny part is though MRevo313 is driving an Evo yet hondas are faster he says. and dont say that lancers are better cars and thats why u drive one. Fit and finish is way better on a honda. u drive a evo for one thing only! it is one of the easiest car to make fast and own the track with. If 'ur friend' can make stock hondas run 12.0 with a wiggle of his nose then why do u drive a evo!!!! Go sell ur evo, buy a honda and go to the track and run 12.0 stock. u may be there awhile though!!!! and do urself a favor get off 'the tuner in ur areas' sack. One more thing... tell me how the tuner in ur area gets off the line with a stock honda with stock tires??
Old Aug 25, 2009, 07:35 PM

Bump!
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:16 PM

Bump!!
Old Aug 27, 2009, 03:00 PM

Bump!!
Old Aug 27, 2009, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mr-derer2
Well said Jaketheviii. I appreciate the comment. The funny part is though MRevo313 is driving an Evo yet hondas are faster he says. and dont say that lancers are better cars and thats why u drive one. Fit and finish is way better on a honda. u drive a evo for one thing only! it is one of the easiest car to make fast and own the track with. If 'ur friend' can make stock hondas run 12.0 with a wiggle of his nose then why do u drive a evo!!!! Go sell ur evo, buy a honda and go to the track and run 12.0 stock. u may be there awhile though!!!! and do urself a favor get off 'the tuner in ur areas' sack. One more thing... tell me how the tuner in ur area gets off the line with a stock honda with stock tires??
hahaha well said
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:11 PM

bump
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:48 PM

bump!!!

Quick Reply: Evo ix stock turbo for sale