Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: Map 3" o2 w/vband disconnect DP

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2011, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
FS: Map 3" o2 w/vband disconnect DP

Description: MAPerformance V-band disconnect 3" o2 housing + downpipe
Price: SOLD

First off let me say that I am the first owner and not like what I keep seeing lately people telling you "barely used" but after you buy it you find out they are the 10th owner. I bought this item early spring 2011 . New from Maperformance its listed at 600.00 , check it out yourself .

Downpipe has an o2 bung for wideband. Also I have added a interlock lip in the o2 housing vband. This will help you align the dp and o2 housing as well as create a better seal. The even better part is if you do not want to use the interlock lip you can just slide it out, it is not welded to the o2 and simply slides in and out.

Time for pictures from my cell phone:

This is the " interlocking lip" . Just slides in and out no modifications.

Does 3" recirculating o2 housing make more power than standard ebay/megan? Here were my results with the 3" .

93 Octane

E85 Ran out of fuel but could have reached 520whp with more fuel.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by BluEVOIX; Nov 15, 2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Item Sold
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the flange the standard flange or 3D flange?
Old Nov 12, 2011, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wshihdnevo
Is the flange the standard flange or 3D flange?
Standard flange. The 3D contour option is only on the wastegate side so it's not really a power adder. However if people are worried about how boost is affected, just look at my dyno sheets and you will see a nice flat boost curve. Its all about the merge angle of the wastegate, and map made a very nice angle for the merge to reduce turbulence.

Here are some pics before I used it:

Last edited by BluEVOIX; Nov 12, 2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, my ATP 3" O2 housing is like that too, just with a shorter merge. I couldnt remember if yours was standard or 3D from when you posted pics before. GLWS
Old Nov 12, 2011, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, my ATP 3" O2 housing is like that too, just with a shorter merge. I couldnt remember if yours was standard or 3D from when you posted pics before. GLWS
Thanks. I think you were looking for the Works o2 housing. Any luck with that? Just curious why not take advantage of this rather than the works? Works o2 housing a lone new is 550 plus shipping, so people are not going to sell it much cheaper.. And in this case you can get an o2 thats true 3" , much better merge for the recirculation and a downpipe as well. On top of it all you can sell your current setup and recuperate the cost.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BluEVOIX
Thanks. I think you were looking for the Works o2 housing. Any luck with that? Just curious why not take advantage of this rather than the works? Works o2 housing a lone new is 550 plus shipping, so people are not going to sell it much cheaper.. And in this case you can get an o2 thats true 3" , much better merge for the recirculation and a downpipe as well. On top of it all you can sell your current setup and recuperate the cost.
I'm still looking for the Works O2. The only reason I don't want this is I already have a 3.5" TBE from the O2 back. Which is why I bought the ATP in the first place. I prefer the Works O2 b/c of the design, being cast, and it's 3" outlet. If MAP offered just the O2 in a 2 bolt flange with the 3D flange, I prob would buy it.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, 3.5" exhaust system ? Looks like your planning for some serious power in the future...
Old Nov 13, 2011, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

FYI. Any local interests? I'll give a good deal since shipping wont be necessary...
Old Nov 13, 2011, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, 3.5" exhaust system ? Looks like your planning for some serious power in the future...
You know it! It's a rare (complete slip-fit) ETS exhaust that they only made a handful of back in the day.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

You know it! It's a rare (complete slip-fit) ETS exhaust that they only made a handful of back in the day.
I actually prefer slip fit with good band clamp over flanges because you dont need to worry about running gaskets. Most gaskets out there are pretty cheap unless your lucky to find copper gaskets or make your own with copper sheets.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

I actually prefer slip fit with good band clamp over flanges because you dont need to worry about running gaskets. Most gaskets out there are pretty cheap unless your lucky to find copper gaskets or make your own with copper sheets.

Yeah me too! Slip fit or v-band. If I didn't already have this exhaust setup, this would be sold already.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah me too! Slip fit or v-band. If I didn't already have this exhaust setup, this would be sold already.
I like V-bands as well but only if they have an interlock or (male/female) style which helps align and seal better. A while back I had the Jun BL catback and although it was a quality piece, the two female v-band were hard to align properly to seal.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Is the CAT end of the downpipe a V-band connection or a two bolt connection - I can't tell in the photo?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fantrman
Is the CAT end of the downpipe a V-band connection or a two bolt connection - I can't tell in the photo?
The cat end is a 2 bolt flange able to bolt on to stock cat and most of every testpipes / HFC out there...