Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Looking for recommendations on gauges?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking for recommendations on gauges?

I want to pick up a wideband A/F and a boost gauge along with a boost controller to start figuring out tuning. There's lots of options out there. Some boost gauges with built in controllers. Is there a go to setup for a good price that works well with the evo's boost range. I liked the looks of the AEM boost controller gauge but I wasn't sure if I was making a bad choice and should use a separate controller? I'm on the stock turbo with a few upgrades.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You do need good quality sensors and solenoids, the gauges duty is only to display what the ems is reading off the sensor.(the real gauges will be on the tuning software)
Old Jul 13, 2018, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

I realize that but most if not all gauges also come with sensors. I wanted gauges as well as sensors unless they are inferior sensors that won't work right. I guess I assumed there was a few go to combos of gauges/sensors and controllers that most people used around here.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not really interested in ECU controlled boost. I'd like to use a manual boost controller. Until I started searching I didn't realize that there's gauge/controller combos that also come with 3.5 bar map sensors.
http://www.amazon.com/AEM-30-4350-Tr...ost+controller
Old Jul 13, 2018, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I use aem. Had a mechanical autometer boost gauge. It was ok but now I am switching over to AEM. Got an afr from a buddy of mine. Just bought a oil pressure and boost gauge from AEM this past week. I am using electrical ones fyi. They have been in business for a while and a lot of people run them. Plus they look nice and sleek. My advice is to get the gruppe-s center gauge pod with the radio relocation and put the gauges there.
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by TomekEVO; Jul 13, 2018 at 07:37 PM. Reason: added more info
The following users liked this post:
JohnDoe1984 (Jul 13, 2018)