Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Wrong bolts?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 02:06 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Wrong bolts?

Never mind

Last edited by kaj; Jul 12, 2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
What do you have for a part number for those guys? I have a set of replacement toe and camber eccentrics that I bring whenever I get an alignment but my guy is awesome and my car is much rustier than yours. Needless to say he, knock on wood is always careful enough to not F them up.

But anyway post what you have for a part number and I can confirm it with what I have when I get home. IIRC the camber ones are larger than the toe ones.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 06:41 PM
kaj

So, turns out I'm just out of adjustment for the toe arms. I have NO idea how my last guy was able to get the toe to "0". STM definitely sent me the wrong bolts. They are the same length as the lower arm bolts. Sadly, I already opened them and put one through the subframe before noticing. Their policy says no returns when opened, but I sent them a couple messages anyway (though they haven't replied).
Old Jul 12, 2019, 06:49 PM
kaj

These are the part numbers STM listed in what I ordered, but I haven't x-referenced, yet. Also, the lock washers were WAY too small. So, basically nothing but the adjustments washers and nuts were correct

***edit: just realized the font I pasted was white part numbers:

MB856459 (41306C) Bolt
MR171026 (41325) Plate
MS450044 (41397) Washer
MU430004 (41395C) Nut

Last edited by kaj; Jul 13, 2019 at 05:25 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 07:55 AM

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
So, turns out I'm just out of adjustment for the toe arms. I have NO idea how my last guy was able to get the toe to "0". STM definitely sent me the wrong bolts. They are the same length as the lower arm bolts. Sadly, I already opened them and put one through the subframe before noticing. Their policy says no returns when opened, but I sent them a couple messages anyway (though they haven't replied).
Its a tricky balance between the camber and the toe. After installing my coilovers I simply couldn't get the toe to zero with any kind of decent camber. I tried grinding the seat a little to gain that last bit of toe but it still wasn't enough. So I threw in the towel and bought adjustable toe arms and that made everything better.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
Its a tricky balance between the camber and the toe. After installing my coilovers I simply couldn't get the toe to zero with any kind of decent camber. I tried grinding the seat a little to gain that last bit of toe but it still wasn't enough. So I threw in the towel and bought adjustable toe arms and that made everything better.
What arms did you end up running with? I'm in this boat, and I'd like to simplify the process but don't really trust the crappy chinese hardware.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 02:28 PM

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by Fox_IX
What arms did you end up running with? I'm in this boat, and I'd like to simplify the process but don't really trust the crappy chinese hardware.

I ended up going with the DME's. I've got a couple thousand miles on them now and so far so good. I've put the car up and checked them a few times too. I plan on replacing all the rear bushings in the nearish future too so that will be another chance to inspect them.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

I ended up going with the DME's. I've got a couple thousand miles on them now and so far so good. I've put the car up and checked them a few times too. I plan on replacing all the rear bushings in the nearish future too so that will be another chance to inspect them.
Oh cool looks like Enjuku carries em, I'll have to get in touch with Andrew. Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2019, 05:29 PM
kaj

I'm going to have to do the same. Bummed.

Oh cool looks like Enjuku carries em, I'll have to get in touch with Andrew. Thanks!
Enjuku looks to be the most fairly priced. I'm also eyeballing HardRace. @letsgetthisdone had some good things to say about them.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj
I'm going to have to do the same. Bummed.

Enjuku looks to be the most fairly priced. I'm also eyeballing HardRace. @letsgetthisdone had some good things to say about them.
HardRace is great but I was under the impression they don't have any distribution in the states so you'll have to get it from vendors overseas. At least that's what I had to do for my ball joints. Purchased from a UK vendor. Ymmv

Edit: btw if alot of people want these I can get a way better price from Enjuku if we group buy because apparently I don't learn from your mistakes
Old Jul 13, 2019, 05:54 PM
kaj

HardRace is great but I was under the impression they don't have any distribution in the states so you'll have to get it from vendors overseas. At least that's what I had to do for my ball joints. Purchased from a UK vendor. Ymmv

Edit: btw if alot of people want these I can get a way better price from Enjuku if we group buy because apparently I don't learn from your mistakes
I found this:

I'm interested in pricing on the arms you were looking at too. Otherwise, for a few more $$$ I'll go with HardRace since they have a good recommendation behind them.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 06:02 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
I got my hardrace toe arms here-

https://velocityshop.com
Old Jul 13, 2019, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj
I found this:

I'm interested in pricing on the arms you were looking at too. Otherwise, for a few more $$$ I'll go with HardRace since they have a good recommendation behind them.
I can shoot an email to Enjuku and see what they can do for us, I used to work with them quite a bit so hopefully they remember me and give a better price hahaha!

@letsgetthisdone do you know if they stock them or are they shipping from overseas?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 06:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
I think they stock them because because I recall them showing up within a week.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
I think they stock them because because I recall them showing up within a week.
Oh awesome, well unless Enjuku gives us a fantastic price on the DMEs I'll probably go with the HardRace.
Thanks for the info!