Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Newbie from over the pond.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2024, 01:00 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Newbie from over the pond.

Hi all.

I thought I'd register and share my project on this forum aforum I'm UK based and I've been an evo enthusiast since the mid 90s. I loved the less common Evo's, particularly the Extremes, RS Sprints etc, but these were few and far between and were quite rare and finding one was difficult. I bought my 1st in 2003. A new E8 FQ300. I joined the MLR forum and learned a lot more on the lesser known Evo's. I was lucky enough to be in the right place and time in 2004 when I bought an Evo 6 Extreme, (no 26 of 26) a weapon of a car out of the box and looked like no other evo. I then went on to also own a 5RS, then onto a 9GT over the years. This all led to late last year when I happened by accident to see a car I'd been looking to locate for 20 years. It had just sold at an auction in Japan.

I was gutted that I'd missed out.

Low and behold, I saw the same car being offered for auction by a uk auction house.

moving the story on, I was the winning bidder and the car was mine.

I'm now the very lucky owner of a bona fida genuine JDM Evo 6 Zero Fighter.

I will be sharing the cars progress on the MLR and also on here if allowed.

Cheers.

Ian.
The following users liked this post:
osetsky (Apr 29, 2024)
Old Apr 28, 2024, 01:08 AM

The Extreme and the 9GT

The Extreme.

Limited edition. Only 26 made.

9GT
The following 2 users liked this post by Ian6extreme:
osetsky (Apr 29, 2024), RallySport9 (Apr 29, 2024)
Old Apr 28, 2024, 01:18 AM

Zero Fighter.

At auction in Japan

Finally got it home.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ian6extreme:
osetsky (Apr 29, 2024), RallySport9 (Apr 29, 2024)
Old Apr 29, 2024, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 135 Likes on 124 Posts
Wowza, that's bloody beautiful!
Old Apr 29, 2024, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by osetsky
Wowza, that's bloody beautiful!
Thank you. I'm pretty pleased with it as i never thought id find one.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 118 Posts
This is so cool, Its so great to see our dream cars becoming reality. Do you still have the 9 gt also? Im more of a 9 guy myself but this is the holy grail of evo 6's even more special than the TME in my opinion. Youl find that on American forums they just don't appreciate limited special jdm cars/modifications as much as in Europe/Uk, Japan and basically everywhere else in the world, until the time they realize they missed out and start having to pay 6 figures plus for what we were always enjoying lol. MLR is definitely more fitting for this type of topic/car. People in the US treat jdm cars more like workhorses than what they are which is historical automotive art. Exotic cars are like Knights, American muscle are Wrestlers, jdm cars like these are a Japanese samurai. Just cant be beat.

I will be following any updates and cant wait to see more on this legend. Thanks for sharing!
Old Apr 29, 2024, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by RallySport9
This is so cool, Its so great to see our dream cars becoming reality. Do you still have the 9 gt also? Im more of a 9 guy myself but this is the holy grail of evo 6's even more special than the TME in my opinion. Youl find that on American forums they just don't appreciate limited special jdm cars/modifications as much as in Europe/Uk, Japan and basically everywhere else in the world, until the time they realize they missed out and start having to pay 6 figures plus for what we were always enjoying lol. MLR is definitely more fitting for this type of topic/car. People in the US treat jdm cars more like workhorses than what they are which is historical automotive art. Exotic cars are like Knights, American muscle are Wrestlers, jdm cars like these are a Japanese samurai. Just cant be beat.

I will be following any updates and cant wait to see more on this legend. Thanks for sharing!
I didnt realise the US market have been lost on the rarer JDM cars. As the price of the TME and R34GTR's has exploded due the demand in the US I believe and the 25 year rule.
The progress of the car is also being posted on the,MLR as I've been a long standing member. I just wanted to share the progress of the car in the States too as they didn't have opportunity to enjoy the the earlier cars and especially the "special cars" I sold the 9GT around 4 years ago and regretted it as I saw it leave on a trailer. As I did the 6 Extreme. I'm lucky to have owned ( or be custodian of) 3 really special cars. I doubt many evo owners have owned both an Extreme and a Zero Fighter with a 9GT in between.
Are you UK based or US?
Thanks
Ian.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 06:10 PM

i agree on the TME reference. This car is above and beyond the TME in rarity. Only 60 were to be built and due to cost less than 30 were sold. Plus they had the Ralliart performance parts catalogue thrown at them, plus a Ralliart ecu mapped to 340 bhp out of the box. The 1st JDM car to exceed the the 276 bhp gentlemens agreement as far as I'm aware.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian6extreme
I didnt realise the US market have been lost on the rarer JDM cars. As the price of the TME and R34GTR's has exploded due the demand in the US I believe and the 25 year rule.
The progress of the car is also being posted on the,MLR as I've been a long standing member. I just wanted to share the progress of the car in the States too as they didn't have opportunity to enjoy the the earlier cars and especially the "special cars" I sold the 9GT around 4 years ago and regretted it as I saw it leave on a trailer. As I did the 6 Extreme. I'm lucky to have owned ( or be custodian of) 3 really special cars. I doubt many evo owners have owned both an Extreme and a Zero Fighter with a 9GT in between.
Are you UK based or US?
Thanks
Ian.
Definitely not, You are in a very small group of elite owners. Also about the usa not getting jdm cars. I am in Canada where we got access to these cars alot earlier than the US. Interestingly the prices never sky rocketed until they became available in the US but then everything else went up also. There is for sure a crowd that appreciates them and pay top dollar as we see all the time but I feel like the majority of import owners in the us took most cars for granted. for example the MK4 supra was also a usdm car. Then the price sky rocketed with the r34 gtr after the 25 year rule...uhm where were these owners that apparently wanted one so bad before?? Now they pay more for the lhd version over the rhd. lol
Old Apr 29, 2024, 07:05 PM

Definitely not, You are in a very small group of elite owners. Also about the usa not getting jdm cars. I am in Canada where we got access to these cars alot earlier than the US. Interestingly the prices never sky rocketed until they became available in the US but then everything else went up also. There is for sure a crowd that appreciates them and pay top dollar as we see all the time but I feel like the majority of import owners in the us took most cars for granted. for example the MK4 supra was also a usdm car. Then the price sky rocketed with the r34 gtr after the 25 year rule...uhm where were these owners that apparently wanted one so bad before?? Now they pay more for the lhd version over the rhd. lol
I know i have been lucky to find this car. Ive have been chasing and researching them as much as is possible with the limited information since around 2003. I know of only 4 in the world outside Japan. In the UK, an Icelle Blue, Satellite Silver/thurlam grey and my scotia white/passion red one. And in Thailand another White/red version. Thats it as far as i know. I'm sure there must be a few more in Japan but after over 15 years of searching, I've never seen one.
Very strange indeed. I understand the lhd being more desirable for obvious reasons. There are a few TME's in europe that are lhd and maybe desirable in the states and Canada,
I know you were luckier in Canada to get access to the earlier models quicker. Since I've posted this car on social media I've had a bloke up your way ask me lots of questions thinking I'm some sort of expert on Evo's. He's managed to buy a TME rs for a bargain price and just wanted to check the chassis number to establish if it was genuine. It was converted to a rally car in Japan and has all the choice parts required. But unfortunately most of the oem stuff has been sacrificed. Still a really rare car.
Old May 2, 2024, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Last edited by joelle king; May 3, 2024 at 10:10 AM.