Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

EcuFlash Should be in Vendor Forum

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2006, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EcuFlash Should be in Vendor Forum

Hi All,
This is my 3000th post on EvoM and I want to make it count. To the delight of most and the chagrin of a few, the EcuFlash program is taking over the Evo world. Its developers are true freeware types and are not profit minded. The current EcuFlash forum is somewhat buried in the Engine Management/Tuning section, but it usually has as many visitors as the major vendors like AMS. I'd like to suggest that EcuFlash be given "Vendor" status and moved to the major vendor section so that we could save that one extra click to get there and to acknowledge sheer size of the movement. Since it is not a profit oriented system, I'm hoping EvoM could waive the fee for a vendor forum.

Your thoughts?
Old Sep 25, 2006, 06:15 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hey Smoggy,

I agree with your assessment of the Ecuflash forum. It is the best Evo technical discussion occurring on the site. But it is not a vendor and probably should not be in the vendor section. It could cause confusion to members and lead to questions concerning "grass roots" nature of the forum.

I would support elevating the ECUflash forum under the Evo category giving it the same status as the Evo General, Evo Engine/Turbo/Drivetrain etc. I think the level of discussion and benefit to the community warrants such a "promotion".
The final decision is up to the admins.

Speedlimit...
Old Sep 25, 2006, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you!
Old Sep 26, 2006, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

While it is a great section, and there are a lot of great discussions, it is currently in the most appropriate place for organization. Ecuflash is a form of engine management/tuning. That said, it may be to the point were it would require its own subforums.