Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Dodging Swear Filter Question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2009, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dodging Swear Filter Question

This is a quote from the rules
"Dodging swear filter
Cannot really give an example but this is through various sorts of trickery you are able to make the entire word appear, not a variant of the word or partial word."

Does this mean you can put a partial word just not the whole word or does it mean you cannot put a partial word? If you where to use the word d@ck for instance, is that breaking the rules (assuming duck was a swear word on here)? I read it as d#u^c@k would be against the rules but not d' or d@ck or anything like that. Can I please have some clarification on this rule?
thanks

edit: Oh and if I am incorrect can we have it reworded so that it reads as it was intended? I don't wish to break the rules but if I don't understand them then it is hard to follow them.

Last edited by aiden1983; Feb 14, 2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

are you fv(kin9 bored?
Old Feb 14, 2009, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

lol no I kinda got in trouble last night for doing something similar and I thought that it was fine but he insisted that it was against the rules. I just want the rule to reflect what they wish it to mean.

edit: I would also remove ur post until we find out what the rule actually is, as we don't want you to get in trouble
Old Feb 14, 2009, 10:48 AM
Admin Alumni

I thought we covered this in our flurry of PM's last night? I guess not, so here ya go. Examples (not inclusive) of ways to dodge the swear filter and therefore get a warning or 5 points:

as^hole
fu@k
shlt
fv(kin
mot*** fuc***

These are just some examples based upon reading our past enforcement actions. I'll be really clear here since there is a bit of confusion: ANY use of these words in any form at EvoM is not allowed. It does not matter how cute people try to be with disguising what they are, I think we all know a swear word when we see one, esp if used in context. My advice would be to consult a thesaurus to find an appropriate non-swear word for whatever it is you're trying to say.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

A great general rule of thumb.... Just type the word. The system will block it if it is banned. Otherwise, you leave yourself open for the infraction.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 12:58 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Crzylizard
A great general rule of thumb.... Just type the word. The system will block it if it is banned. Otherwise, you leave yourself open for the infraction.
I'm with stupid ;]
Old Feb 14, 2009, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

k so just type the swear word, that's fine I am sorry for breaking the rule which I misunderstood. Can you get the rule rephrased so that it can be taken in the context that you were meaning? An easy change such as
"Dodging swear filter
Cannot really give an example of this, but this is through various sorts of trickery you are able to make the entire word, a variant of the word or partial word appear."

This is what I asked for yesterday. I think it should be fairly simple.