Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2009, 02:06 PM
BBC
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's get rid of most them! The majority are dated and marginally relevant. A simple "STICKY" link at the top of each page is enough. I find it tedious to have to scroll, scroll, new page, scroll, new page, scroll; endlessly. It's especially so when viewing from my Blackberry. Each new page has more sticky's than normal posts.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 03:52 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Is there a particular forum this is in reference to? We try to only keep stickies that are relevant and/or cover topics which get a multitude of threads started about.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
you could make a sticky thread with all the stickies in that thread for each section of the forum
Old Jun 22, 2009, 06:39 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Most threads only have a couple, which is why I asked if there was a particular forum that was over stickied.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 07:37 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a feeling that I know where some of them are. Over the next week or two, I'll start looking through the stickies and unstick any that are no longer relevant.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 07:40 PM
Admin Alumni

Feel free to use this thread to suggest the deletion of redundant or no longer relevant stickies. Specific examples help us do our job better than a blanket "there's too many". Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
thanks guys! we all appreciate it when you all make this forum easy to navigate
Old Jun 23, 2009, 03:53 PM
BBC
Evolving Member

Ok. Sorry for not being specific.

I think a single sticky link at the top of each category would make each page far more useful and efficient. Many categories display nothing but stickies when opened until you scroll down.

No matter the thread or it's importance I think it would be nice to not have sticky's reappear on each page. For example, when navigating to the Evo 1-9 engine/turbo/drive train page there are 10 sticky threads to 30 normal threads. When I go to page 2 of older threads, again there are the same 10 sticky threads to 30 normal threads. If one single sticky shortcut thread at the top of the page is not good enough, at least the 10 sticky threads could be displayed on the first page only rather than repeating on each subsequent page.
As for obsolete threads, two obvious ones are: list of important engine/turbo/drivetrain threads (last updated '04) and Cam Specs (last updated '05) both in 1-9 engine/turbo/drivetrain
Old Jun 26, 2009, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

For example, there's a lot of sticky threads in Lancer how to that no longer have the images hosted, and as a result are much, much less useful
Old Jun 27, 2009, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by BBC
Ok. Sorry for not being specific.

I think a single sticky link at the top of each category would make each page far more useful and efficient. Many categories display nothing but stickies when opened until you scroll down.

No matter the thread or it's importance I think it would be nice to not have sticky's reappear on each page. For example, when navigating to the Evo 1-9 engine/turbo/drive train page there are 10 sticky threads to 30 normal threads. When I go to page 2 of older threads, again there are the same 10 sticky threads to 30 normal threads. If one single sticky shortcut thread at the top of the page is not good enough, at least the 10 sticky threads could be displayed on the first page only rather than repeating on each subsequent page.
As for obsolete threads, two obvious ones are: list of important engine/turbo/drivetrain threads (last updated '04) and Cam Specs (last updated '05) both in 1-9 engine/turbo/drivetrain

i understand...

What you need is a link on the top of each section... it can be called "sticky threads" and when you click this link ... take you to all the sticky threds..¿?

am i ok...? or i need a couple of session to learn more english...

PS.
Im from Guatemala!!
Old Jun 27, 2009, 07:23 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SASD209
Feel free to use this thread to suggest the deletion of redundant or no longer relevant stickies. Specific examples help us do our job better than a blanket "there's too many". Thanks.
good idea
Old Jun 27, 2009, 07:23 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by BBC
Let's get rid of most them! The majority are dated and marginally relevant. A simple "STICKY" link at the top of each page is enough. I find it tedious to have to scroll, scroll, new page, scroll, new page, scroll; endlessly. It's especially so when viewing from my Blackberry. Each new page has more sticky's than normal posts.
bad idea
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:50 PM
BBC
Evolving Member

I guess people like pages of stickies. Moderators, thank you for considering this proposal anyway.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 04:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
you gave two examples from one section...and you act as if we aren't paying attention to you

if you have suggestions, make them
Old Jun 29, 2009, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

sounds like a blackberry issue not a site issue.