Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

So much hate towards Evo owners on this site...Why?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2009, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So much hate towards Evo owners on this site...Why?

So I'm baffled by the comments that I've seen left by a certain individual. I completely forgot about the first few but then it's like I keep attracting his negative comments. I thought these forums were directed to Evo owners, if I'm mistaken someone let me know. Here is a message I left him followed by his reply and a few of his other comments:

eldiablo79: "I'm sensing a lot of animosity towards some of the Evo owners on the forums. I was wondering why? Sure it's just a car like you said. But a lot of the people that own one take them seriously. If they didn't why would they put so much time and money into them? Why would they spend thousands of dollars to shave seconds at the track? Why would so many companies build and make new products for this car? Companies like Buscher and AMS were put on the map because of this car. And these forums, Evolutionm the one you leave such negative comments on is based on this car. So why don't you cut the fans of this car some slack? Please?"

SmikeEvo reply :No. Whining, complaining, putting down other cars - just because its not an Evo. I think not. My job is to oversee the organization/flow and rule abidance. Doesn't mean you get to do/say what you wish here. First amendment does not apply.

And here are a few other comments:

"Its a car, just that - a car.
Topic has run its course.
Closed."

"el - I suggest reading the sub rules to OT. And check the attitude - owning an Evo is not the end all of being the bestest person evar.

And for the record, you chose to go into the service. That argument of "I get shot at" holds little weight."

"ZOMG! I don't have an Evo. What is the world coming to."
Old Sep 12, 2009, 07:28 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Off topic is just that, off topic. The conversation there is all over the place. I would recommend taking things in there lightly; as sarcasm runs rampant. There are plenty of other sections on the forum dedicated to Evo discussion.

If you feel someone is breaking the rules, you can use the report post button () to bring it to a mod's attention.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I sense whining here.

Sarcasm > .
Old Sep 12, 2009, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
I sense whining here.

Sarcasm > .
Whining or complaining? Isn't that how this all started? I was talking about the Evo and you whined about how it's just a car?
Old Sep 12, 2009, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

I would suggest you stay out of the off topic section of the site. You kinda have to check your feelings and reason at the door. Your just opening yourself up to be at the mercy of others.

I still believe that most of the folks that run rampant in Off Topic don't even own evos ;-0 Same thing happens on tons of other sites. Its just not the place to have a car debate. Now Cake vs Pie, Thats off topic
Old Sep 12, 2009, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Before your butthurt turns into a sore:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/of...ease-read.html

See my first PM to you. This is not a forum of freedom of speech. When threads turn ugly or out of hand - we will take action in them at our discretion.

Since sarcasm eludes you. I do not hate Evo owners. See threads I have written. I've contributed to the betterment of this site in more than one way. I do hate people that look down on others because they don't conform in the same manner, break site rules, or are general douchetards.

Originally Posted by randomevo
Now Cake vs Pie, Thats off topic
Cake - everyday.

Last edited by Smike; Sep 12, 2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Before your butthurt turns into a sore:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/of...ease-read.html

See my first PM to you. This is not a forum of freedom of speech. When threads turn ugly or out of hand - we will take action in them at our discretion.

Since sarcasm eludes you. I do not hate Evo owners. See threads I have written. I've contributed to the betterment of this site in more than one way. I do hate people that look down on others because they don't conform in the same manner, break site rules, or are general douchetards.

Cake - everyday.
I'm not sure how I broke any rules, and not sure what a general douchetard is either.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Oh and one more thing, I don't live on EvoM. So it's easy to talk down on people on here because they don't know everything. Not everyone speaks military jargon so I'm not going to mess with people or make fun of individuals that don't know certain things that comes natural to someone in the service. It would be ignorant and childish. So I mainly use these forums for advice or to see what's going on in the Evo world.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
servicemen FTL
Old Sep 12, 2009, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Lets be honest here, you are just sadfaced because I closed some threads that had nothing to do with the betterment of this site. I suggest reading and learning more about the car. So you too can post in threads that have defined subjects. Example: turbo modifications or tuning. If you continue to be upset over meaningless threads that get shutdown - you're going to lose a lot more sleep than I.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 08:54 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
The OT "rules" aren't so much rules as they are guidelines to help your stay in Off Topic be more enjoyable. There are people with all kinds of cars in that area, many/most of them are former Evo/Lancer owners who enjoyed the site and stuck around after they sold the cars. Also, there are people in that section from varied backgrounds, including public service (military, LEO, firefighters, teachers, etc.) Again, people don't generally respond well to egos.

If that doesn't work for you, there are still the vast majority of the forum open to you for all the useful Evo discussion and information you could ever want.

If you'd like to discuss this further, you're more than welcome to PM me.

Last edited by otter; Sep 12, 2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 08:59 AM
Admin Alumni

This seems to be an issue between the OP and Staff, so I can't see much good coming by having a thread devoted to it.....please PM Otter or any other Staff member to further discuss this. Thanks.