Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

This site need to treat complaints by members of problem vendors seriously

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2009, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down This site need to treat complaints by members of problem vendors seriously

I contacted a mod and the admin of problems I was having with a vendor on here!

Instead of investigating and asking more questions to get to the bottom of the truth of the matter... I was told my situation was just more like an inconvience than an issue.

Same issues with J-Ondemand and was brushed off until they took THOUSANDS of dollars from hard working members on this site.

You follow the correct steps on here to identify a problem you get road blocks, you post something against the vendor you get shut down.

When the vendor post lies to save their face, it is taken as their word is golden.

This is getting rediculous!
Old Nov 7, 2009, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Who burnt you?
Old Nov 7, 2009, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by talentsearch301
I contacted a mod and the admin of problems I was having with a vendor on here!

Instead of investigating and asking more questions to get to the bottom of the truth of the matter... I was told my situation was just more like an inconvience than an issue.

Same issues with J-Ondemand and was brushed off until they took THOUSANDS of dollars from hard working members on this site.

You follow the correct steps on here to identify a problem you get road blocks, you post something against the vendor you get shut down.

When the vendor post lies to save their face, it is taken as their word is golden.

This is getting rediculous!
I totally agree with you. It seems like threads are just getting locked/shut down and disappearing.....someone tell me how that solves the problem? I'm not saying vendors arguing back and forth solves the problem either..but there has to be another resolution other than just closing the threads..
Old Nov 7, 2009, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I agree with you.

I will tell you that it is happening to vendors too, myself included. Many of you think because we pay we are immune, that can't be further from the truth. I are moderated more than the members here. I have points, warnings and have been banned numerous times. Recently a thread I started was locked and then removed from the site completely.

I think we can all expect to see some changes happening here soon.

Let me know if there is something I can do to help with however/whoever you got burnt by. There are some very dishonest vendors on this site and it needs to be changed.

Sorry you hear you go the shaft.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I agree with you.

I will tell you that it is happening to vendors too, myself included. Many of you think because we pay we are immune, that can't be further from the truth. I are moderated more than the members here. I have points, warnings and have been banned numerous times. Recently a thread I started was locked and then removed from the site completely.

Let me know if there is something I can do to help with however/whoever you got burnt by. There are some very dishonest vendors on this site and it needs to be changed.

Now that you mention it, Ive noticed that members/vendors on the banned list is at an all time high.

Something has changed alright....for the worse im afraid.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I agree with you.

Which is kind of surprising to me. You would think of all people, it would be some of the less respected/higher complaint vendors would be getting crap... but who knows
Old Nov 7, 2009, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Rules, whether a member or a vendor, apply to all. Break them, get the consequences.

We work as middlemen between members and vendors when complains happen. We do our best to resolve the issue. I do not know your story, I did not handle this specific topic.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

it just seems like some vendors get protected more than any one member ever does/will. it is obvious to anyone that frequents the site.

You would think something might try to be done, as there is constantly a new thread with these concerns.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

While this may (okay, pretty much is) be true, they're the reason this site runs fast and doesn't have to worry about monthly upkeep. You have far less monetary contribution and your absence would not hurt the site's financial burden. A paying vendor, on the other hand, helps pay for the site's monthly upkeep and the creator/admin's monthly bills
Old Nov 7, 2009, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

.. honestly, i think Mods are doing a really good job cleaning this forum. i had an issue last week, PMed a Mod (SASD) and got a reply within minutes
Old Nov 7, 2009, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankiago
While this may (okay, pretty much is) be true, they're the reason this site runs fast and doesn't have to worry about monthly upkeep. You have far less monetary contribution and your absence would not hurt the site's financial burden. A paying vendor, on the other hand, helps pay for the site's monthly upkeep and the creator/admin's monthly bills
I don't know much but I don't think what you said is totally true. I'm sure if you go to the right mod, he'll try his best to understand your situation and try to help you. It is true to my knowledge that vendors have to pay a fee to be a vendor but it doesn't mean they can screw us members with our hard earned money.

Anyway, I hope the OP will get his problem resolved as quickly as possible.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvolNinja
I don't know much but I don't think what you said is totally true. I'm sure if you go to the right mod, he'll try his best to understand your situation and try to help you. It is true to my knowledge that vendors have to pay a fee to be a vendor but it doesn't mean they can screw us members with our hard earned money.

Anyway, I hope the OP will get his problem resolved as quickly as possible.
I bad-mouthed South Coast Mitsubishi in a thread (with very good reason) and it was left untouched with many people making comments like "wow, guess I'm not going there." I have yet to have this specific issue, but their priority is protecting the vendors. The whole DG's folly thread was shut down to protect DG (that's just one example). I also posted a neutral review of Nisei, had both positives and negatives, and that thread was also left alone. Nisei are not direct vendors/merchants here that I know of, but the vendor I bought from is affected by any negative (and positive) reviews of Nisei products.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

I bad-mouthed South Coast Mitsubishi in a thread (with very good reason) and it was left untouched with many people making comments like "wow, guess I'm not going there." I have yet to have this specific issue, but their priority is protecting the vendors. The whole DG's folly thread was shut down to protect DG (that's just one example). I also posted a neutral review of Nisei, had both positives and negatives, and that thread was also left alone. Nisei are not direct vendors/merchants here that I know of, but the vendor I bought from is affected by any negative (and positive) reviews of Nisei products.
that thread wasnt removed it was just moved to a different section. Look in the regional sections to find it now. As for a lot of this, I can understand what the OP is coming from but there is a lot of times also that it isnt so much the vendor as it is the consumer trying to do something they arent competent enough to do. So I all I am saying is that I am really indifferent about this topic bc alot of it can be avoided by a little common sense on both sides
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
1. I bad-mouthed South Coast Mitsubishi in a thread (with very good reason) and it was left untouched with many people making comments like "wow, guess I'm not going there." I have yet to have this specific issue, but their priority is protecting the vendors.

2. The whole DG's folly thread was shut down to protect DG (that's just one example).

3. I also posted a neutral review of Nisei, had both positives and negatives, and that thread was also left alone. Nisei are not direct vendors/merchants here that I know of, but the vendor I bought from is affected by any negative (and positive) reviews of Nisei products.
1. It was moved not shut down; search first.

2. It was closed because CBRD, DG, and the car's owner all had different stories and the owner never gave us a statement to post in the thread publicly. Thread is still viewable to the public and will remain that way. You have no idea what you are talking about in that case and I'd suggest you not make assumptions without factual evidence.

3. Neutral reviews regardless of the vendor will always be tolerated. There will always be pluses and minuses. That is expected and being up front about the good and the bad is only beneficial to the vendors. They can see what they need to correct and what they've already nailed down.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's all about the money...