Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Police harrassment

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2006, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Police harrassment

Everyone knows that some cops will just flat out be ***'s more than others and alot of it is directed toward people who mod cars, so thursday im driving down one of our main roads dirving normally and all a good 43 in a 40 ( gas prices ) and i pass through a 4 intersection and i get a good mile or 2 from it then i see those lovely blue and red lights flashing me down and im thinking ok another no license plate or w/e they were going to make up , so i roll down the window and the officer asks for my information , i then ask him what i got pulled over for and he says " o you don't know? you didn't see that red light you ran back there " im sitting in my car thinking umm "no" and i have 3 people sitting in the car and were all sitting there saying that was a green light it hadn't even switched into yellow yet!, so i sit there an argue with him about it then he comes back with a 225$ red light ticket and says have a good day basically i got a ticket for no apparent reason , i can see if i did run a light i wouldn't be aggrevated but when i was doing NOTHING WRONG OMG WTF! anywayz im going to try and fight it in court seeing that where he was sitting you couldn't even see the light that i "supposibly " ran just thought i would share the experience
Old Apr 12, 2006, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let's see . . . 3 witnesses, plus you . . . versus one cop . . . all under oath. Hmmmm. If their testimony is admissable, then you've got a case --- I think.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
u got a case...make sure u bring in your chart with pix of where he was hiding vs where the light is positioned ...etc

good luck
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:01 PM

Everytime I read something like this it just pisses me off to know end. Sorry that happended man, sux. I've been there, not that that helps; evoryder's advice is definitely worth noting though.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

I know how you feel. I got pulled over on highway 281 for going 67 in a 60. The speed limit had gone down 2/10ths of a mile earlier from 65. Guy didn't even care.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 07:50 AM

I was in a similar situation... but with 2 witnesses and to no avail.... judge pointed out that the officer was under oath and would not lie and slapped me with a $230 fine and 3 points...
Old Apr 13, 2006, 07:54 AM

ive never really been harrased by cops. Everytime i got pulled over, i knew i deserved it. i know where you are coming from though, this has happenend to a few of my friends at work.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awwhh what a SISSY..=)..same thing happen to me but for speeding
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:50 AM
Account Disabled

You should have just gunned your Evo.........no way that cop was going to catch up.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 02:35 PM

You sould have told him it was blue ......I blew right through it....
Old Apr 19, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

go out of your way to make officer dip**** look like a complete ***. My friend got a ticket like this in his evo for burning out. we let the officer explain his case first and then my friend and I ripped his story to pieces. we just told the judge that the evo was AWD and that it would be impossible to do a standing burnout in a stock AWD car. The judge got really pissed at the Officer cause he knew he was making his story up
Old Apr 19, 2006, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jxn evo 8
go out of your way to make officer dip**** look like a complete ***. My friend got a ticket like this in his evo for burning out. we let the officer explain his case first and then my friend and I ripped his story to pieces. we just told the judge that the evo was AWD and that it would be impossible to do a standing burnout in a stock AWD car. The judge got really pissed at the Officer cause he knew he was making his story up
This is not the first story I've heard like this.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 12:19 AM
Evolving Member

Well at least you live in DFW. Texas cops and courts are easier to deal with than Louisiana. What i did when i got a ticket for exhibition of acceleration was just show up to court. the cop didn't show and it was thrown out. didnt even have to pay court fees because it was BS.

As far as getting away with burnouts, a couple of friends and i were in an Olds Alero and he did a burnout in shreveport. Shreveport PD heard it and came around and tagged us. we all showed up in court to help defend our buddy and there was really not much we thought we were going to be able to do. luckily one of the guys that was there with us that night has a rather good death metal voice. it went a little something like:

judge: well, whats your story?

Driver: look, your honor, i know this is going to sound completely insane, but i didnt peel out. it was really my friend hanging out the window making tire noises.

Judge: really? (sarcastically) well, is he here today?

Pug (savior): Right here, your honor.

Judge: come on up here.

(pug walks up to the bench)

Judge: show me your stuff.

(pug does the most amazing burnout impression ever)

Judge: ok, well i guess that about covers it, dismissed.

(cop picks jaw up off the floor)

gotta love it...

oh, i almost forgot! i got out of another ticket one time because i brought up the fact that it took the cop so long to pull me over even though i was going like 40 the whole time. i think it was like 2 or 3 miles from where i supposedly did a burnout and he was supposedly sitting right there, yet i was on the other side of town before he even came up behind me and bluelighted me. so that might be something you want to look into, since you said it was like 2 miles from where you allegedly ran the light. just a thought, hope it helps