Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

New Mexico EVO meet. 5.03.08

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2008, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dude
What octane gas do you guys have in NM? I ask because I might be moving there soon.
Very cool. Hit us back when you get out here and perhaps we can help get you situated and show you around. You moving to ABQ?
Old Sep 6, 2008, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

do you guys want to set up another meet before the winter comes?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
do you guys want to set up another meet before the winter comes?
I'm down. depending on the date.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by greatgonzer
Very cool. Hit us back when you get out here and perhaps we can help get you situated and show you around. You moving to ABQ?
Nope, moving to Farmington first week of October.

My Evo is going to lose a bunch of power (currently running on 105 Oct E85) and I'll have to get used to the altitude. I saw a couple Evos in ABQ heading out from the airport, but none in Farmington. The greyhound park there did look ideal for autocross, I'll have to check on that. I'm still in shock at how expensive homes are out there, definitely was not expecting that.

Beautiful country out there compared to the South, I'll have to spend some time finding some nice twisty mountain roads. Hit me up if there's anyting else I should know or look out for, like emissions testing? I hope CA isn't rubbing off on NM, esp since my car is catless.

Chris
Old Sep 8, 2008, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dude
Nope, moving to Farmington first week of October.

My Evo is going to lose a bunch of power (currently running on 105 Oct E85) and I'll have to get used to the altitude. I saw a couple Evos in ABQ heading out from the airport, but none in Farmington. The greyhound park there did look ideal for autocross, I'll have to check on that. I'm still in shock at how expensive homes are out there, definitely was not expecting that.

Beautiful country out there compared to the South, I'll have to spend some time finding some nice twisty mountain roads. Hit me up if there's anyting else I should know or look out for, like emissions testing? I hope CA isn't rubbing off on NM, esp since my car is catless.

Chris
Im not too far from farmington, i have seen a couple of evo's up there. the main effect of altitude will be the spool up of your turbo, expect to lose around 500rpm's. homes are definitely expensive and usually hard to find up there mainly due to the oil and natural gas business. im not 100% sure, but mostly Abq and Santa Fe have emissions, where i live there are no emissions and same goes for most of Nm since there are hardly any large cities here and the state is basically made up of small towns. hope this helps!
Old Sep 8, 2008, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Im not too far from farmington, i have seen a couple of evo's up there. the main effect of altitude will be the spool up of your turbo, expect to lose around 500rpm's. homes are definitely expensive and usually hard to find up there mainly due to the oil and natural gas business. im not 100% sure, but mostly Abq and Santa Fe have emissions, where i live there are no emissions and same goes for most of Nm since there are hardly any large cities here and the state is basically made up of small towns. hope this helps!
Only Bernallilo county has emissions. Even still I'm catless and pass Oh, and there are plenty of nice windy roads in NM. A run up the sandia crest is awesome. Also, the roads through the Jemez up to Los Alamos is so fun as well. If you're ever down here in ALbuquerque, send me a PM and I can show you around a bit and where these roads are at...
Old Sep 8, 2008, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

03evo4g63,

we should really try to set something up, i remember there were a few people that could not make it to the last meet, maybe we should pick some dates and see how many people can make it.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

03evo4g63,

we should really try to set something up, i remember there were a few people that could not make it to the last meet, maybe we should pick some dates and see how many people can make it.
when? I'm down, but we need to act quickly cuz winter will be here before you know it. PM me and we can maybe discuss this further and possibly set something up
Old Sep 10, 2008, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds crazy, but I found a gas station in Abq that sells e85 and I'm actually thinking about filling up some 55 gallon drums just so I won't have to detune my car! I'm getting a company truck, so I figure I won't be putting too many miles on the evo anyways...

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll definitely PM some of you guys whenever I'm gonna be in Abq for the weekends.