Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

*OFFICIAL* ATX Spotted Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2010, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JYD
some dumbass wasnt paying attention and hit me head on while i was sitting still in a turn lane at about 50 mph

C'mon Jesse...that will buff right out. Did you keep the TB as a track car?
Old Nov 9, 2010, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by JYD
i wasnt even at a stop light. just sitting in a turn lane waiting to turn into my shop parking lot. There were two people in the car....and they were looking at each other when they hit me. didnt even touch the brakes.
Damn! I still would be pissed but after what I saw today at Cypress you got of lucky it was twisted stuff
Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JYD
some dumbass wasnt paying attention and hit me head on while i was sitting still in a turn lane at about 50 mph

ouch!! whats your next car gonna be?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:19 PM

Saw a WW 8/9 at soulspeed kinda randomly the last week or so.

Real question: I posted a question at https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ml#post8826313 but it would be cool if someone around here knew what was going on. Basically, I started getting this rubbing sound at every rotation of the wheel. Sounds like driver's side. At the same time, the brake pedal feels mushy on the first press, like it's got air in the line. This just started happening yesterday and I hate to let it go too long. Any similar experiences?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
FWIW.....my lancer OZ is now "turbo'd", so if you see my lemonslice on the road you better....nah, I'm kidding...I'll still be slower than the evo's. Hell, it's not even tuned yet.
That comment prompted me to check your car's pic, since I have a yellow evo and have seen two other yellow lancers (at least one OZ) a few times. Do you by chance live/work near burnet and 183? If so I may have seen you in the pluckers parking lot once or twice.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by StormTrooperVII
That comment prompted me to check your car's pic, since I have a yellow evo and have seen two other yellow lancers (at least one OZ) a few times. Do you by chance live/work near burnet and 183? If so I may have seen you in the pluckers parking lot once or twice.
Yup, work near burnet and 183, go to pluckers for happy hour a lot, although lately it's been "Opie D's" on the way back to the house, since they have such good "texas beer". Also...I have NEVER seen a yellow evo, in person that is, but I'm always trying to keep an eye out because I'm a big fan of yellow.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
Yup, work near burnet and 183, go to pluckers for happy hour a lot, although lately it's been "Opie D's" on the way back to the house, since they have such good "texas beer".
I go 183 home to cedar park, but I sometimes go to opie d's for lunch when making a frys run. Not overly impressed by their food, but its convenient
Old Nov 11, 2010, 05:48 AM
JYD
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by atxMR
C'mon Jesse...that will buff right out. Did you keep the TB as a track car?
nah, it was broken in too many ways, and the insurance co wanted way too much to retain it. however they gave me way more than it was worth...so...i let 'er go.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by JYD
however they gave me way more than it was worth...so...i let 'er go.
How is that possible? I'd have thought the insurance co, being the ****** they are, would have given you kbb value for trade-in, which would be far less than its worth
Old Nov 12, 2010, 04:53 AM
Evolving Member

How is that possible? I'd have thought the insurance co, being the ****** they are, would have given you kbb value for trade-in, which would be far less than its worth
IDK about JYD's circumstance, but I have my mods listed with the prices paid for them with my insurance company. In the event of a collision they adjust the price of the car accordingly. For instance, if a stock replacement intercooler is $600 and the one on the car when wrecked was 1500.00, they will apply the same percentage toward the larger amount. Considering my car has ~10K in mods I wanted to be sure I wasn't going to get screwed in the event of theft or collision. Doing so will generally increase your premium, but at with age, credit rating, and driving record it's an insignificant amount.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:22 PM
JYD
Evolving Member

no idea, but they gave me 16.5 for it....it was an 03 with 101k...and i reported no special parts on it. didnt ask any questions...cha ching.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:53 PM

JYD: was your shop the bling rim place that was once Binswanger glass or Austin Speed Shop?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:04 PM
JYD
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Porkskins
JYD: was your shop the bling rim place that was once Binswanger glass or Austin Speed Shop?
Speed Shop
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:04 PM

Anybody want some black wheels red lip? From Drag somebody else flaked out and not some great company I used them because I use to DD my evo no center caps sorry guys but hey Dirt Cheap $200 all 4 they have tires but 1 is gone and the others are wasted so your really only getting the rims http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1280&bih=484
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by JYD
Speed Shop
indeed!

Shop tours available?

Quick Reply: *OFFICIAL* ATX Spotted Thread!