Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Louisiana EVO's **Chat Thread** where is everybody?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IceCold98GSX
I wondered that too. You should have seen the calling list they were getting about test drives. I guess I was the first person to walk in and say I wanted it lol. I bought it April 1st or 2nd so it wasn't there long. And it does have an aftermarket downpipe and cat? Because it's quiet as hell for aftermarket.

Thanks for letting me know which oil you used, I'm changing it this weekend already!
Cats are stock, downpipe is aftermarket. I put AMS under hood bushings and under the shifter. All the fluids in trans and diffs where changed to amsoil when the clutch was replaced. I updated the DVD so you can watch movies while driving, but if you ever buy updated maps I think you will lose that.

The car was stupid strong when it was tuned, you will not believe it's the same car after.
Old May 19, 2011, 01:29 PM

Thanks for the info man Now I know why theres an AMS sticker on the back window. And it looks like I'll make a stop by Evo dynamics to get a tune during the summer. I want to pick up a uicp first.

What was the reason for the trade? Dealership said you only went to look and to not actually get a car lol
Old May 19, 2011, 05:00 PM

Thanks for the info man Now I know why theres an AMS sticker on the back window. And it looks like I'll make a stop by Evo dynamics to get a tune during the summer. I want to pick up a uicp first.

What was the reason for the trade? Dealership said you only went to look and to not actually get a car lol
Had enough of shifting in traffic for 35 min everyday, and after the tune was gone I lost that "LOVE" for it. More power costs twice much with that car you will find out. No tune, the 5.0 will eat it's lunch. The more I told them I didn't want it the more they dropped the price.

I don't know how to explain it, but the mustang fits my driving better. The Evo is good in corners if you are in the gas but having to get off the gas at high speed corners is scarey, but the mustang stays together throttling it's power easy. It's hard to throttle down when in boost but still have that power you need in a curve. Also the one over 130mph run in the Evo was the same, scarey, if you get out the gas it fills like it will come out from underneth you. Seems as if the power is either on or off, not much in the middle. I have been over 140 once in the mustang and it fills safe.

Oh, it has a brand new set of $240 brake pads on it too, that should have been in the glove box also. Get ready to spend your money, lol, but really it is a great car you will enjoy it.
Old May 19, 2011, 09:30 PM

Nope only have the receipts from the first owner. This is my first manual car too so I'm still having fun shifting even in traffic lol.

I've also been seeing a black Evo X in the Houma area. Don't know if he is on here or not..

Last edited by IceCold98GSX; May 20, 2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old May 22, 2011, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

There are 4 EVO's that meet up with the rest of the crew on Friday and Saturday nights at Advanced in DeRidder, LA..... White IX RS, Gun Metal IX MR, and 2 VIII's..... We have seen another silver running around but havent been able to meet the driver......
Old May 27, 2011, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Just picked up an 03. Living in Shreveport LA.

I'm a co-founder of 318Racing.org as I'm sure some of you have heard of.

Heres the new ride! Pretty excited, already got it in the shop getting a new clutch.

Old Jun 11, 2011, 01:22 PM

Spotted a white Evo IX MR on the Belle Chasse base, anyone know him?

I want an Evo IX MR...

Also spotted a silver VIII with a CF hood on lafayette street right by the westbank expressway. I

Last edited by IceCold98GSX; Jun 11, 2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

I want an Evo IX MR...

Also spotted a silver VIII with a CF hood on lafayette street right by the westbank expressway. I
silver one may have been AP
Old Jun 14, 2011, 05:01 PM

the white evo 9mr was me since there is no other evo on that base. by any chance is your car a blue evo X?

Last edited by rod2good; Jun 14, 2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 03:55 AM

Sure is I'm with 3/23 . I drooled when I saw your car man lol. I told my buddy I rather have yours than mine.

I like the STi license plate frame!

Last edited by IceCold98GSX; Jun 15, 2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 05:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I always see a white evo 9 on manhathan on the westbank in new orleans and a red evo8 with black bbs wheels in bellechase .. i stay in gretna im always all over the place .. =)
Old Jun 15, 2011, 05:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
we should have a meet .
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:38 AM

I'm down for a Evo meet
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:10 PM

Sure is I'm with 3/23 . I drooled when I saw your car man lol. I told my buddy I rather have yours than mine.
lol thanks man. i was actually was planning on sitting out there to see if i could meet you but you were gone when i got off.

I like the STi license plate frame!
yea that was from my old 07 sti, and thats the only thing i could keem from that car and i thought it would be funny if i put it on my evo..
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:11 PM

we should have a meet.
yea im also down for a meet.

Quick Reply: Louisiana EVO's **Chat Thread** where is everybody?