Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Austin evo meet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2004, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Austin evo meet

hey guys it was fun, not to big of a turn out but hey it was fun I got alittle buzz at chilies, well have to do it again some time, everyone was real cool I had a good time.
Old Oct 1, 2004, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

how many guys you got? I was may be moving to Austin area
Old Oct 2, 2004, 02:25 AM
Account Disabled

NOONE EVER TELLS ME!! I hate you all I own a shop ya know... lol...
Old Oct 2, 2004, 03:50 AM
Evolved Member

you own a shop? which one?
Old Oct 2, 2004, 06:43 AM
Account Disabled

New shop.. we just opened and are specializing in custom design and fabrication. We have an AWESOME manifold designer and fabricator and will be releasing our own turbo-back evo exhaust in the next month. We are currently doing alot of work directly with Subaru as well on the new 05 models that are drive by wire. The name of the company is Knife (avatar) and is located in north austin. You can see some of the pics of our upcoming evo exhaust as well as our solid titanium supra exhaust at www.getknife.com
Old Oct 2, 2004, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

hey that exhaust looks nice!!

if you have a few austin evo guys who would like to start meeting on a regular basis maybe we can start an austin chapter of NTEC. as a club we get lots of discounts from various vendors and if we had an austin chapter of the club we could incorporate discounts with the local austin shops. you could have your own page on our website, etc. shoot me an email at jason@evotexas.org and we'll work out the details!

thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2004, 07:19 AM
Account Disabled

well now you have a link with just about ever manufacturer on the planet. I can get just about anything from anywhere and have established vendor relations with a bunch of big suppliers, etc. Currently you can even buy a brand new Subaru in Austin and wrap our performance upgrades into your payment Feel free to PM me austin or tx people and I'll try to help you out as much as possible. I prefer locals and pickups simply because we are not a parts house and are more oriented around custom design. We will have an evo manifold on the market in the not too distant future as well for those interested. The exhaust is 3" 304 Aircraft Grade stainless, full polish, comes complete with downpipe, test pipe, o2 fix, and catback exhaust that all bolts to the stock locations. Dyno gains were 22whp simply from bolting it on and 45whp with the exhaust and a xede basemap. I will be doing a groupbuy as soon as we get enough built and in stock for those who are interested. I'll try to shoot you an email today when I get a chance. I'm heading up to the shop now to finish a motor swap and get parts together for our next big project *coughz06twinturbocough*

You can also reach me on AIM under the same name.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jason@NTEC
hey that exhaust looks nice!!

if you have a few austin evo guys who would like to start meeting on a regular basis maybe we can start an austin chapter of NTEC. as a club we get lots of discounts from various vendors and if we had an austin chapter of the club we could incorporate discounts with the local austin shops. you could have your own page on our website, etc. shoot me an email at jason@evotexas.org and we'll work out the details!

thanks!
Austin chapter? Sounds like EVO gang-bagers. *shiver*
Old Oct 2, 2004, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

no i just thought since we already had established a club and had a website and other things in the works it would be easy to have an austin group, san antonio group, and etc. why dont you head up the austin group? i think you'd do a great job organizing events and having meets and soforth.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Imyurturboluva
Austin chapter? Sounds like EVO gang-bagers. *shiver*
by the way whats a gang-bager?

do they run around in gangs filling up bags?
Old Oct 2, 2004, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

I think we should combine the sa/ austin meets, so that we have a larger meet...?
Old Oct 2, 2004, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

that would be great the only reason i was thinking of having an austin group and a SA group was that you guys prob. wouldnt be able to meet each other every month. we meet at least twice a month here in dallas.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jason@NTEC
no i just thought since we already had established a club and had a website and other things in the works it would be easy to have an austin group, san antonio group, and etc. why dont you head up the austin group? i think you'd do a great job organizing events and having meets and soforth.
Well, thanks for the props. I'd be glad to contribute! An idea would be to establish a CENTEX group rather than by specific city. We could split up the logistics by region. IE, North TX, CENTEX, and South TX. How does that work? Any comments are greatly appreciated.

-chris
Old Oct 2, 2004, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

well we already have the evotexas web name so we could just have different links off the main page to the certain areas of texas that the groups are located at. the only reason i was mentioning cities is that i would think it would be hard for SA, austin, waco, etc. to all meet every month. i know here in north texas its hard to get guys from ft. worth over to dallas to meet and vice versa and thats only like 30-45 min. away.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 04:44 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
anti-established since 1980